Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Random question

How do you guys learn a language ?I know there a lot of bilingual people here and even some multilingual.

Not being British helps :p. In the Netherlands we start early with English and from there move on to the basics of German and perhaps other languages like French and Spanish. Unfortunately, I now live in a country where I do not speak the language of and it is bloody difficult to learn.. Like mentioned above, following lessons might help! It basically comes down to practising.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being British helps :p. In the Netherlands we start early with English and from there move on to the basics of German and perhaps other languages like French and Spanish. Unfortunately, I now live in a country where I do not speak the language of and it is bloody difficult to learn.. Like mentioned above, following lessons might help! It basically comes down to practising.

Sounds like living in Newcastle :(

Believe it or not - it's further north than Newcastle :D

Wee bonny Scotland? McCougan would be your guy then :brock:.

Wouldn't help me, I'd still be surrounded by the missus and her family :(

Could you not meet in the middle between Scarborough & Newcastle for your next move?

Wee bonny Scotland? McCougan would be your guy then :brock:.

Could you not meet in the middle between Scarborough & Newcastle for your next move?

That would be like Hartlepool area, no thanks :D

That would be like Hartlepool area, no thanks :D

Haha yeah, or even worse, Middlesbrough :(. Redcar or Whitby though would be a small improvement, especially the latter.

Haha yeah, or even worse, Middlesbrough :(. Redcar or Whitby though would be a small improvement, especially the latter.

When was last time you went to Whitby? It's really gone down hill in the last 2 years, right **** hole now. Which is a shame as I used to like Whitby. Especially Goth weekends :D

When was last time you went to Whitby? It's really gone down hill in the last 2 years, right **** hole now. Which is a shame as I used to like Whitby. Especially Goth weekends :D

It probably has been 2-3 years since I was there.

Neymar [138 goals+66 assists] has been directly involved in 204 goals for Santos in 229 games. The best they've produced since Pelé. Age: 21

Awesome stat that tbh.

Hate the end of the season when you look at the next 6-8 weeks and there is no football on :(.

There is loads, just not in Europe. South America is where it's all at :cool:

Haven't had a football cake since I was seven, and then my mum got the team wrong anyway!

My Mam's friend made me a Liverpool one when I turned 18. Quite artistic people these cake makers, and yes, happy birthday NF.

My Mam's friend made me a Liverpool one when I turned 18. Quite artistic people these cake makers, and yes, happy birthday NF.

I had a Liverpool one when Candy were the sponsors; shame I've never really liked your team, but that can be said for lots of teams.

Only problem was I have never actually followed one team, usually spread my affection over Celtic, Luton and Salisbury City.

Who made that NF?

One of the people who helps out at cadets. She's friends with my mum and dad and they've asked her to make it for me. I like it tbh.

The shirt on the cake looks rather large, is that because you are quite fat? :D

Happy birthday mate.

It is fairly big. Although the sleeve and some of the side has now gone :D. It's probably just a bit bigger than a normal cake tbh. Thanks dude :D.

You're 21 :eek:

Yes.

Haven't had a football cake since I was seven, and then my mum got the team wrong anyway!

Happy Birthday NF.

I've had two now. The first one I had was when Forest had the yellow away shirt or a few years after that and I had a yellow away shirt still. That was a nice cake as well.

Thanks.

Off to football later. Going to be dead by the end of the evening. Really not cut out for exercise.

I had a Liverpool one when Candy were the sponsors; shame I've never really liked your team, but that can be said for lots of teams.

Only problem was I have never actually followed one team, usually spread my affection over Celtic, Luton and Salisbury City.

Salisbury :cool:.

One of the people who helps out at cadets. She's friends with my mum and dad and they've asked her to make it for me. I like it tbh.

Yeah it looks quite good. Some effort has gone into it.

I'm going to be paying an extra £80 or more for my season ticket for Forest next season should I get one.

If I was you yeah. You seemed to have enjoyed going to games this season and with Billy in his first full season back in charge it could be a bright one?

It depends. I started a new job today. Won't explain reasons for leaving the last one. It's actually going to cost me an extra £155 to renew technically as I'm no longer under 21. My new job requires me to work 1 Saturday every 3 weeks but even then it's only 9-2. So I'd miss about 15 games in the season. Hopefully half would be away games so in theory I'd only miss 7 games. Just need to find a way to get down their to renew it on Wednesday so I don't miss out.

Considerin we're 'possibly moving away fans into U1, U2 and other parts of the Upper Bridgford, I'll have to decide whether sitting in Bridgford Lower would be worth it for the extra £300 nearly. Or whether to pay an extra £155 and try and nab my old spot next to my neighbour.

I still want to go to away games but go on my own and I don't care tbh. I enjoyed it alot last season.44

Edit: I can reserve my previous seat until the 7th of June according to our OS. I'm going to do it. £407 out of my bank soon. Might even do it online on Wednesday.

Erm yeah, I kept not enjoying it. Start of December went back to Morrisons to see if the offer I had was still on the table. To which I was told to come back after a Christmas. A week later I got a phone call to go up to talk about it. I had football so didn't go. The job at the uni was still tolerable.

Things got worse and before and after Christmas I was having informal meetings where I thought I was doing ok only to be told I was doing things wrong in the meetings. Then I got pulled into an off the record chat with the Buildings Manager which he basically threatened me saying my reference would be **** if I didn't leave and they took me down a formal disciplinary route. They did so, but in Feb I had an argument with the main woman in the office(only 2 of them altogether) where she basically said I'd said another name in regards to something I was solving. I got sent home for a day and half. But wasn't suspended. Then main woman went on holiday to Australia for 4 weeks and funnily enough the other woman went off 'sick' a few days before for that whole time. Both came back on the same day(After Easter). More **** happened where I was told off for having a 40 minute dinner outside the office and then coming back in to check news, sports etc etc. Then on the Friday the other woman turned round and told me that me and her weren't allowed in the same room unsupervised. Even though I'd never been threatening to her.

It took them 6 months to draft a training file up and there was never any communication outside the meetings.

I walked in on the Monday after that episode on the Friday. I picked up my mug, a bottle of coke and handed in my keys and walked. That was on the 8th April. I got a last months pay from them until the end of April and then got offered a new job on the 9th and started to day. Working in a call centre.

Jealous... There are people with jobs on here..

It's called looking. The day I walked from my job I was home and applying for jobs left, right and centre. In 6 weeks I applied for about 80-90 jobs and out of those I only got offered four interviews. I had to turn one down as it's this week and I couldn't turn down a job that I already had. I found out from another job that I had an interview for that I wasn't successful. But out of 70 applicants I was 1 of 4 to get an interview. From that I was 2nd in line to get the job. For somebody who has 9 GCSEs at C grade, a Btec national diploma in business, finance and marketing and other qualifications and courses. It's tough. But I kept going and got something. I have a number of other jobs that I'm still waiting to hear from and if I'm successful then I'll have to consider what to do tbh.

It's called looking. The day I walked from my job I was home and applying for jobs left, right and centre. In 6 weeks I applied for about 80-90 jobs and out of those I only got offered four interviews. I had to turn one down as it's this week and I couldn't turn down a job that I already had. I found out from another job that I had an interview for that I wasn't successful. But out of 70 applicants I was 1 of 4 to get an interview. From that I was 2nd in line to get the job. For somebody who has 9 GCSEs at C grade, a Btec national diploma in business, finance and marketing and other qualifications and courses. It's tough. But I kept going and got something. I have a number of other jobs that I'm still waiting to hear from and if I'm successful then I'll have to consider what to do tbh.

I got laid off in March, don't speak the language and the job offerings are just really scarce here. All the ones I've applied for so far have all had between 120 and 180 applicants. With 2 Bachelor degrees and international work experience I thought this would have been a little easier, but alas, it turns out that not having a job can be hard work at times.