Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I can imagine the atmosphere at a cricket match, especially a big match like The Ashes would be fantastic, but I just don't think I could do it.

It is. Went to Headingley in 2001 on the final day when England actually won, (we were awful back then), and it was fantastic, even as a 14 year old.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

In real life? Surely this is a no brainer?

Yes. Can't say I am massively quizzed up on Damiao other than seeing him play for Brazil so I don't really know.

Embarrassing from England again. Pearce has to go surely? Clueless.

Before these last 3 games he won 10 in a row without conceding. That doesn't say he's clueless to me.

And Damiao is brilliant. He's quite similar to Lukaku with his play but is more clinical infront of goal.

Tom you're up early, **** bed?

Watching Adam Hills tonight, an Australian talk show hosted by said comedian, and Lawrence Krauss (a scientist, wiki link below) is one of the guests. I have to say he is highly entertaining and had some good comebacks against the comedians trying to put him down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_M._Krauss

Has anyone on here heard of him and read any of his books? If so are the books readable or do you need a degree to read them?

Sunderland seem to be signing quite a few players, I'm not sure if they are any good but it's good to see them bringing in some new faces after the awfulness of last season.

SRL - Will you be watching the new Superman film?

Sunderland seem to be signing quite a few players, I'm not sure if they are any good but it's good to see them bringing in some new faces after the awfulness of last season.

SRL - Will you be watching the new Superman film?

Who else have they signed? I don't really follow the Prem.

We've signed the three I mentioned to you Valentin Roberge, Cabral and Modibo Diakite. Also signed El-Hadji Ba from Le Harve we are also rumoured to be in for Wolfsburg's Bas Dost and St. Etienne's Joshua Guilavogui. I don't know much about them but it really looks like we are trying to drastically change the team. Our old scout who the fans love has said he's worried about the amount of cheap foreign talent us and other sides around our level are likely to sign but I don't see many other options we had to pay a lot for Johnson and Fletcher British talent in general costs too much for a club like us, sure there are some bargains out there but not enough.

Simpleton.

Uncalled for.

Before these last 3 games he won 10 in a row without conceding. That doesn't say he's clueless to me.

And Damiao is brilliant. He's quite similar to Lukaku with his play but is more clinical infront of goal.

Tom you're up early, **** bed?

I've watched all three games and they have been very, very poor. To lose to Israel and Norway is shocking. Perhaps my personal dislike for him is clouding my judgement but something isn't right there. Although it doesn't help when the FA stops you from picking your best players.

In other news I have iOS7 on my iPhone and it's looking very nice so far. Few differences to get used to though, but it's very clean and minimalistic.

How?

Wish we would just sell Suarez already.

It'll be one of those things that gets dragged out and we'll end up making a panic buy again.

I've watched all three games and they have been very, very poor. To lose to Israel and Norway is shocking. Perhaps my personal dislike for him is clouding my judgement but something isn't right there. Although it doesn't help when the FA stops you from picking your best players.

I think you are being a bit naive with that response especially thinking there is something wrong with losing to Norway. They have a great u21 team. I think this is what's wrong with England/Britain in general, we all think we are better at football than we actually are and think we deserve to beat teams without turning up.

I think you are being a bit naive with that response especially thinking there is something wrong with losing to Norway. They have a great u21 team. I think this is what's wrong with England/Britain in general, we all think we are better at football than we actually are and think we deserve to beat teams without turning up.

Perhaps, I just feel we should be doing better. Although I did say that he sort of has his hands tied by the FA.

Yep, ten games in a row without defeat stretching back to November 2011 and no goals conceded for nine of them in a row leading up the the Championships. It's all Pearce's fault, definiely.

Again, no need to be sarcastic and patronising.

England U21's are like Spain's national team used to be like. Great at qualifying but **** poor in a tournament.

Some of the flack Pearce has had over the last few days is a bit over the top and I bet 90% of them wasn't even aware of the 10 previous games and great run they'd be on. Some of the players looked like they didn't even wanna be there let alone play, I think they need to take a good amount of the blame. Maybe Pearce got the tactics wrong too but why change something that gave him a great record in previous games?

Oh yes, there is.

Now be a lamb, and just admit that blaming Pearce was a touch simplistic, when in fact he has managed the team magnificently in recent times.

No, there really isn't. You could've just gone about making your point in the same manner as Cleon has, you didn't need to be a douche about it.

England U21's are like Spain's national team used to be like. Great at qualifying but **** poor in a tournament.

Some of the flack Pearce has had over the last few days is a bit over the top and I bet 90% of them wasn't even aware of the 10 previous games and great run they'd be on. Some of the players looked like they didn't even wanna be there let alone play, I think they need to take a good amount of the blame. Maybe Pearce got the tactics wrong too but why change something that gave him a great record in previous games?

I'll admit I didn't know about this run and I'll hold my hands up and take my comment back. I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with English football when the best Under 21's we have aren't going to an important tournament. I'm not really a big fan of the football we play (Senior & U21 level) although I did only watch the three games.