Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Just signing up with 5 or 6 teaching agencies. Had enough of where I am and if I don't take this risk then my qualification will be a bit of a waste really.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm letting her have her own way at the moment. She wants to go back to the village where she grew up etc and I'm not saying anything, but I am going to continue applying for teaching jobs when I see them. If I got offered one, I wouldn't turn it down either.

My mum was the opposite. Well she wasn't but she did it. She followed my dad round different army bases and areas for about 15 or so years. So when my dad came out of the forces my mum told my dad that she wanted to move back home and be closer to her mum. My nan died a year and a half later. It was either that or a looking at a move to Australia. Which we nearly did 4 years ago. My mum still wants to go but my dad isn't bothered anymore and is happy to slowly pay off the mortgage and then look at getting a part time job in B&Q.

I've never knocked anyone who lives close to family, but it pisses me off being near hers because they are all there in each others business, none of them have ever tried to further themselves at all and most sit on the dole whining about being skint.

I don't listen. Just annoys me that they twist about being skint but won't get a job. Also don't like that they just land on my door and come in. Hate seeing them.

Busy week for me, tying up a few loose ends ahead of best mate's wedding on Saturday.

Still hot down South - can't wait to do a best man's speech in a fecking big tent, wearing a morning suit at 4pm when it's 30 degrees :(

On the plus side, I'm hiring a car to get there because my wife wants to escape in ours when the youngest kicks off.

As a result, I'll be thoroughly thrashing a Mini Cooper Sports - have happily paid the £25 fee to avoid a £500 excess in case I prang it.

£46 + the £25 fee to have it for three days - proper bargain.

Well you don't seem to give a **** what she thinks or feels the rest of the time, so I naturally assumed this would be the same.

Just because I feel like I deserve to put myself first for a moment doesn't mean I don't care.

Just because I feel like I deserve to put myself first for a moment doesn't mean I don't care.

For a moment? You're always coming out with the kind of crap you did the other day. The way you talk about her is cringeworthy.

For a moment? You're always coming out with the kind of crap you did the other day. The way you talk about her is cringeworthy.

You mean about jobs....That isn't talking about her as such. I don't really bring up anything about her to be honest, other than the fact that I've said how I feel about jobs and moving etc.

Fab was never going to go to Man Utd after they let Thiago go. Those who really believed it possible are idiots, full of them on twitter they really thought it would happen.

You can't really call it a transfer policy because as far as I know Moyes didn't state he wanted any of the names linked or that they had bid with the exception of Fab? It was all the usual media linking players to them.

Fab was never going to go to Man Utd after they let Thiago go. Those who really believed it possible are idiots, full of them on twitter they really thought it would happen.

You can't really call it a transfer policy because as far as I know Moyes didn't state he wanted any of the names linked or that they had bid with the exception of Fab? It was all the usual media linking players to them.

All valid points.

If the pursuit of Fabregas was true it confuses me a bit, as I don't think he's the sort of player they need.

I suspect Kagawa will be used in a far more in an advanced central position this season, so Fabregas would have been a bit superfluous.

My feeling is that they need a bit of midfield grunt rather than an undeniably high quality, but dainty rather than dirty midfielder.

I'll be interested to know what the likes of Tom and OneUnited consider to be United's weak points, because I haven't got a clue to be honest!

A few rumours around about Verratti renegotiating a contract at P-SG and possible interest from Benitez' Napoli; probably being circulated by his agent trying to get the wages increased.

Aye no doubt about that. He did state recently though that he did suffer with home sickeness, so could be some truth in it too.

Benitez is after everyone this summer. Making the most of it before he is sacked :D.

He's built a good side so far to be fair. Napoli look really strong.

I'll be interested to know what the likes of Tom and OneUnited consider to be United's weak points, because I haven't got a clue to be honest!

Central midfield could do with being stronger, not with someone like Fabregas though. Don't quite understand the pursuit of him, wouldn't exactly fancy a CM pairing of Carrick and Fabregas.

I still say it's been Fellani all along though.

That's my guess, and again, perhaps not precisely what they need.

Read something about Moyes being happy to let his £23m minimum release clause expire, because he thinks he can get him for less?

I don't think he is worth £23m, so it might be a sensible ploy - which will be scuppered if an increasingly twitchy Arsenal just bang £23m on the table just to sign someone.