Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently watching the Liverpool vs Stoke game. I have to say i am not thinking Mignolet (SP?) is better than Reina (also SP?) so far, despite the pen save. He looks vulnerable in the air and prone to a few mistakes.

Hopefully it is just nerves on his debut. If not it could be the usual story of a GK. That of moving from a small club where he has to concentrate the whole time due to having many chances fired in. Then to a big club where he switches off at the most inopportune times due to lack of concentration.

EDIT: So after i have looked at the choices avialable on the TV guide i have a few to choose from. Norwich vs Everton, Sunderland vs Fulham, West Brom vs Southhampton & West ham vs Cardiff.

What is everyones recommendation? i am thinking either the Norwich vs Everton (to see how Martinez starts) or the Sunderland vs Fulham match (to se how Di Canio goes).

Mignolet is the best keeper in the Prem imo.

He may well be, i haven't seen much of him. I thought that tonight though he seemed quite flaky and nervous. I think the next few games will be the judge of that, obviously. When he was at his previous club (Sunderland, I think) he had to be on his toes all the time. Whereas at Liverpool he will have quite a few periods of inactivity and it will be interesting to see how his concentration goes.

I am currently watching the Man Untd vs Swansea game. I have to say that despite the 2 goal deficit Swansea look like they will cause problems for a new PL teams. On another note i am pleased to see Moyes get of to a winning start, hopefully. The team looks a lot more solid defensively.

Ended up falling asleep at my nan and grandad's.

Please tell me that your nan and grandad got the permanent marker out, and wrote "knob" on your forehead :D

Ended up falling asleep at my nan and grandad's.
Please tell me that your nan and grandad got the permanent marker out, and wrote "knob" on your forehead :D

I would have tbh (nothing against NF either) :D

Sounds like you guys have fun chatting here, what should I do to get involved?

You have to walk bare foot across hot coals, broken glass and killer bees.

Failing to do this will disqualify you from the thread.

Is it a nice area you're in?

Where I currently am it's OK. Where we're going is better (it is where the other half is from) but it still isn't my cup of tea. I'm from a tiny little village so to me, where we live and where we're moving to is a big village.

Are you still looking for somewhere? Just going back to when you mentioned Stanley.

Where I currently am it's OK. Where we're going is better (it is where the other half is from) but it still isn't my cup of tea. I'm from a tiny little village so to me, where we live and where we're moving to is a big village.

Are you still looking for somewhere? Just going back to when you mentioned Stanley.

Yeah we are still moving. Unsure whether to go before February though or go after the new baby is here.

Yeah we are still moving. Unsure whether to go before February though or go after the new baby is here.

Would probably be easier to go before, but circumstances dictate everything.

Where's Heath and Purefun these days?

Purefun has been taking a lot of time away from the forums for what ever reason. I know he struggled getting into FM13. Heath, I know he works for Grenada now doing a lot of journalism work I believe so he is pretty busy.

You have to walk bare foot across hot coals, broken glass and killer bees.

Failing to do this will disqualify you from the thread.

Done. Now where is my member certificate?

On the other hand, Led Mubarak atmosphere is truly over here. Traffic back which mean I need to wake up earlier >,<

If Heath saw that spelling of Granada he'd not be pleased :D. He also works for a few other Spanish Media companies iirc. He even had his Twitter name changed because of it.

Of course the real reason they no longer post is because they got married to each other and currently live in Spain :D.

I'm exhausted, so my spelling is the same now :D.

I am currently watching the 1st innings of the 5th test. My bet with the Aussie lad is going OK so far (I reckon Rogers is a good batsman, he reckons he is crap). He has won 4 $5 scratchies and i have won 4 $5 scratchies. I have Rogers to make 65 in the 1st innings and 30 in the 2nd innings. From memory I believe the Aussie lad has him to make 23 and 9 respectively. The strange thing is that I am supporting England, until such time as Scotland get a test team, but he is supporting Australia.

EDIT: Ah well that is another $5 scratchie lost for me.

Wait just checked, how the hell has your mate called Rogers' runs dead on?! That's impressive, fair play.

He hasn't called t dead on. We both write down what we think Rogers will score for both innings per test. Whoever gets closest wins a $5 scratch card. Unfortunately for me if my mate called 23 as Rogers score I also owe him a $2 scratchie for the correct score. Before this test we were even stevens. I now owe him a $5 scratch card. Hopefully i make it up in the 2nd innings.

He called 23 and Rogers just got out for 23. He called it didn't he? :D

I hope not as whoever gets the correct score also wins another $2 scratchie on top of the $5 scratchie for closest score.

EDIT i cant remember what score he bet on, but he did win this innings, so cant confirm his winning score.

I was just reading this following story and think a few lads may like the following add.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/21/football-manager-craze-lionel-messi?CMP=twt_gu

Those of us old enough to appreciate the link will like it. While those of us new to FM will realize what it means sooner rather than later.

Faliraki?!

Christ, I went there when I was 18 (painfully long time ago) - is it still a classy place?

If by classy you mean utterly disgusting in every way possible and yet easily the most fun a red blooded male could have ...then yes... yes it is..

Made me feel like 18 again I tell thee