Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

well sorry, I don't enjoy this silly argument either .. I just don't enjoy being called a newbie or being falsely corrected, especially over something as trivial as the use of 'a couple'.

that being said.. *handbag down* =)) following tom on twitter to make it up ;-)

I'm not wrong, and other people have agreed. No one has agreed with you.

No matter what example you want to give, I guarantee that if you say to anyone in Britain "I'm going away for a couple of days", 99.99% of them will think you mean for two days. The other 0.01% don't speak the language.

Here comes the money, money, money, money, money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just reading up on this - as soon as I see the words "Saudi Arabia" and "Prince" I think there's going to be a bit of cash knocking about.

Actually quite a good time to complete the deal after the window has closed, as it means Sheff Utd can plan a bit strategically ahead of the Winter window.

Exciting times maybe?

United fans in the Football Forum and on Twitter almost suicidal. Dear god. :D

De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Fellaini, Nani, Kagawa, Welbeck, van Persie.

Yeah dog awful team, barely scrape sixth.

I cannot understand why United haven't used Kagawa much, both last season and this one so far. Is he / has he been injured a lot?

He's bloody brilliant and him behind RvP could only ever be a good thing.

Well he missed around three months last season, so that had something to do with his lack of appearances last term.

At the minute though, I'm going to hazard a guess it's fitness related. He only played one game of the summer tour, (the one in Japan), due to him getting extended leave over the summer.

Will not be happy though if he doesn't start against Palace after international break.

Interesting that you exclude Rooney from your thinking.

I suspect he'll be starting quite a lot now that a transfer hasn't materialised and after his performance against Chelsea, which invariably means that by default you'll end up playing 4-4-2.

That pushes Welbeck to the bench and Valencia or Young into the starting XI, and means that Kagawa misses out again.

EDIT - Moyes used 4-4-1-1 lot at Everton, with the 1 behind the striker arguably suiting Rooney OR Kagawa, maybe that's what we'll see.

De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Fellaini, Nani, Kagawa, Welbeck, van Persie.

Don't think anyone in the football forum has said we'll finish sixth.

Shinji Kagawa says hello. :)

I'm just commenting on what I read. As far as I was aware they needed another attacking midfielder. Like I said I could have been completely misreading the situation.

Despite that I am interested on your view of Man Untds transfer activity on deadline day. Fellaini to me seems like a panic buy just to say they have bought someone. Don’t get me wrong he has quality. The question is if they are willing to pay 27.5 mill for him then why didn't they pay the 23.5 mill buyout? Thinking they will get him open the cheap just smack of inexperience on Woodwards part, IMHO. Then you add in the, alleged, Herrera farce and it all seems a bit slapstick.

I'd be interested to hear what you think though as i am just an outsider looking in so to speak. Whereas you are a genuine Untd fan who goes to all the games, or so i perceive from comments on here.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Madrid will make the money to cover the outlay of Bale is wrong in my opinion.

He's not a galactico. In terms of marketing, how many fans in Asia / America etc. are going to buy a Bale shirt? Why would you when you can get Ronaldo instead.

40,000 fans turned out for his unveiling yesterday...........who honestly knows how much he may bring in from merchandising sales? To say someone is wrong either way, is, well, wrong.

I'm not convinced if Moyes is the right man for the job with his lack of squad rotation and defensive play style, this could make united narrowly miss out on the league title this year
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Madrid will make the money to cover the outlay of Bale is wrong in my opinion.

He's not a galactico. In terms of marketing, how many fans in Asia / America etc. are going to buy a Bale shirt? Why would you when you can get Ronaldo instead.

if they make €40m out of it in boosted commercial revenue then it would cover there net spending this summer

What ever anyone thinks of Bale it must be great for him, I really admire him. He was on the brink of being moved on and branded a flop but he's obviously worked hard took his chance and he was arguably the most entertaining player to watch in the EPL. It must be an amazing feeling for him to get such a huge move, I've don't really know much about him as a person but he seems like a decent lad as well.

I'm just commenting on what I read. As far as I was aware they needed another attacking midfielder. Like I said I could have been completely misreading the situation.

Despite that I am interested on your view of Man Untds transfer activity on deadline day. Fellaini to me seems like a panic buy just to say they have bought someone. Don’t get me wrong he has quality. The question is if they are willing to pay 27.5 mill for him then why didn't they pay the 23.5 mill buyout? Thinking they will get him open the cheap just smack of inexperience on Woodwards part, IMHO. Then you add in the, alleged, Herrera farce and it all seems a bit slapstick.

I'd be interested to hear what you think though as i am just an outsider looking in so to speak. Whereas you are a genuine Untd fan who goes to all the games, or so i perceive from comments on here.

Firstly the Herrea thin; there was no farce on our part. We made an offer, an offer that Bilbao didn't have to accept, and thus chose not to. We decided not to bid any hire, and as such the deal was off. What happened afterwards is nothing to do with United, and all the details just seem rather sketchy. It seems there were some chancers trying to make a fast buck for themselves.

I'll say this straight away, (and this is not actually aimed at you); anyone talking about us needing another attacking midfielder is mad and doesn't watch how we play anywhere near enough and have clearly not even taking the time to look at our squad. We have a terrific attacking midfielder at the club already in Kagawa. When the time comes, he'll be in the team making a bit impact. I am sure of that.

Our activity on deadline day was fine, it was the rest of the window that was an issue. Everything was a bit public, even though much of that wasn't our doing. (Barcelona revealed the Fabregas bid(s), Everton let on that we'd made an offer for Baines initially, then him and Fellaini together).

And the Fellaini thing, (paying more than the clause that was active until the end of July), I don't see why people can't understand this; while the clause was active we were working on deals for our primary target(s). When they didn't materialise, we went for Fellaini. Simple.

Am I happy with our squad? Delighted. We won the league by eleven points last season and added a very good Premier League player in a position that needed strengthening. Unlike other clubs (Arsenal namely) we didn't just go out an buy a good player because he became available.

I'm not convinced if Moyes is the right man for the job with his lack of squad rotation and defensive play style, this could make united narrowly miss out on the league title this year

That'd be acceptable, and most sensible United fans would admit that in the cold light of day. Winning the title this year would have been hard for Sir Alex, nevermind someone in the first year of the job.

Unlike other clubs (Arsenal namely) we didn't just go out an buy a good player because he became available.
considering arsenals lack of depth it would not really have made much difference if they signed a top player in a different position, it would still have improved there squad....while united had much more specific requirements (ie a central midfielder)

What's wrong?

We got the keys around 3 weeks ago and I told them I would do all the decorating, but there were issues which I wanted sorting before I moved in. I was told the landlord would be out on X date, to which he didn't show up and then went on holiday, only getting back yesterday. One of the issues was a burst pipe, which I thought was the only problem, but when I pulled the carpet back the problem got bigger and I decided to sniff the underside of the carpet and it stunk of dog ****. I discovered that 2 weeks ago, and nothing has been done since. Obviously, we haven't moved in to the property but it takes me moaning 20 times a day to get them to pull their fingers out their arse.

Planning a night out a week in advance? Christ.

Thursday evening........

Friend; Got tomorrow off, fancy doing something?

Me; Yeah. Were you thinking a bit of an afternoon session?

Friend; Sure. Where do you want to go? Rodley/Farsey before going to Horsforth in the evening?

Me; Sounds good. Meet at 2ish in the Rodley Barge?

Friend; Sorted. See you then.

Cue ten hour bender and knowing nothing about the game last night.

Planning a night out a week in advance? Christ.

Thursday evening........

Friend; Got tomorrow off, fancy doing something?

Me; Yeah. Were you thinking a bit of an afternoon session?

Friend; Sure. Where do you want to go? Rodley/Farsey before going to Horsforth in the evening?

Me; Sounds good. Meet at 2ish in the Rodley Barge?

Friend; Sorted. See you then.

Cue ten hour bender and knowing nothing about the game last night.

Pffftt tucked up in bed before 12 then?