Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

You young'uns in bed so early ffs :D

I've been grafting too much :D.

Pathetic isn't it?

What has everyone got planned today? I'm going out for another little tipple. Meeting a pal over where he lives on the other side of Leeds and taking in the pubs around there.

Quiet one from me today. I'm pretty skint so will likely just stay in and watch some football.

I just hope I don't get in too much of a state before tomorrow. Driving to Manchester, (or any game, anywhere), after a heavy night isn't too lovely.

That's why I do my driving the night before :thup:

Day off football wise for us today we don't play until Monday :(. So I'll spend most of day reading probably and watching Orient vs Brentford.

Driving anywhere good?

Manchester.

http://allsports247.com/180-of-the-best-current-soccer-players-in-the-entire-world/1/

Possibly the most laughable top footballer list I've ever had the displeasure of reading...

Although i gave up when I got to Ozil being the 9th best player in the world :rolleyes:

Edit: the 100th best player in the entire world? .... Arshavin.... what? .... 101st?.... Demarcus Beasley....

Sigh

So everyone who is 15+ stone, are you tall, lean fighting machines who are heavy through muscle, or are you, well, fat?

6'2, very, very broad. I look like a rugby player, apparently :D.

Sounds like the opposite of me: skinny short-arse. Look like a Subbuteo player!

I get asked if I am a rugby player off nearly all my students. I am a similar build to a Flanker though. I've been working a lot on the way I look lately and trying to put a fair amount of muscle on.

Christ everyone is more than 15st in here? Jesus.

Oh and Welshace, no longer a mod?

There has been a mass-drop in mods lately.

Well, I know of a few who have left, but they seem to be dropping like flies.

Cleon, Welsh, furious, radestock, AcidBurn, nine_iron, Hopey.

That is just since November 2013.

HoPeY. :(

Is he even still a member? He rarely seemed around from around 2011 anyway, just posting in the French Football Thread in the FF.

Yeah he is, but I haven't seen any of his posts for ages. Heath is another who is still a member, but is never online. He is stalking Granada now though :thdn:.

Looking for a quick response on something and there's no Barcelona thread on the links page so thought I'd ask here.

I'm in my third season as Barca and as expected I have some superb youngsters coming through. If I get them tutored by a senior player, then loan them to the Barca 'B' team, does the tutoring stop? Ideally I wanted them to get some football under their belt but some of them need to up their determination stats so I figured this may be a way of doing both at the same time?

Yes I know that you dumbass. :D

Well, I don't know... this is you we're talking about!

As much as don't want United to go through, I still have put a £5 bet on them to win 4-1 tonight. Show me the money!

Already? Cripes.

I know. I didn't want to, but I have had to cut my losses. I did all the decorating in the house and did work which I really shouldn't have had to do, making it look quite nice in the process.

I reported an issue with damp in November which was only sorted last month, and not to a satisfactory standard. It was only done to save himself both time and money. He said we will do it this way because it will be cheaper and quicker.

I also reported a couple of other issues in November which still haven't been sorted. I have gone on and on about them and they aren't any further forward. In the end I asked if he would allow me to do the work, forward him any receipts and take it off the rent. He said no and that he will do it when he has time. Well, I've been waiting five month now and it hasn't even been looked at so I can't see it happening any time soon. He is a proper cowboy so I am just glad to be getting out.

This new place we are getting is a newish house (around 15 years old or so) and before applying for the property we came to an agreement on the work which is already under way. A new bathroom is being put in, re-carpeted, decorating etc. Really pleased.

A pain to be moving, but sounds like a winning situation for you.

Agreed.

Moving is possibly the biggest pain there could be. The whole process is frustrating, but like you say, it is a win-win for us. Another bonus is that the Government have changed the laws regarding free school bus passes as well. From September, if we stayed where we are we are going to have to be paying £30 p/m for the kids to get to school on the school bus which is a joke. We are moving to the village where the secondary school itself is saving us £60 a month in that sense.