Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

I hate diving footballers but didn't mind too much when Drogba did it to Barcelona because they are in my opinion the biggest cheats in football Busquets is a disgrace and his cheating attitude is far worse for football then playing defensive. Alves is a diving cheat and so is Sanchez, they constantly surround the referee trying to get players booked and sent off. Sure Barcelona play nice football but they also lack a plan b and as with Bayern it wasn't Chelsea's fault that Messi crumbled under the pressure and missed his penalty and not their fault that Barca failed to take several of their chances.

wait what? if you really think that you need to watch more football, and also, the diving, surround the referee and such IS there plan b, when the regular stuff dont work out the way they wish it to

as for Alves, he learned from the masters of the craft long before he joined Barcelona :p

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

When Inter won the CL playing in a similar way, I do not remember there being this much of a backlash but rather people said it was brilliant tactics by Mourinho and the same goes for Di Matteo imo. Chelsea adapted to both Barca's and Bayern's game plan and neither of them had an effective plan B.

Jesus all this plan b talk- look at the statistics, the clear cut chances, the penaltys both barca and Bayern had, their plan A's worked pretty well. Just freakish good luck for Chelsea , they should have been buried long ago.

No one would be saying how brilliant their tactics were if barca or Bayern had taken just a fraction of their chances.

Football history is decided by the thinnest of margins. football makes me sick most of the time.

Jesus all this plan b talk- look at the statistics, the clear cut chances, the penaltys both barca and Bayern had, their plan A's worked pretty well. Just freakish good luck for Chelsea , they should have been buried long ago.

No one would be saying how brilliant their tactics were if barca or Bayern had taken just a fraction of their chances.

Football history is decided by the thinnest of margins. football makes me sick most of the time.

But by sitting on the edge of their box throughout the games, they restricted Barca and Bayern, meaning they didn't have a particularly large number of clear cut chances. Fair enough, there will have been a few, and the fact Messi missed his penalty was a touch of luck, but you need luck to win a tournament. They made it as difficult as possible for the opposition to score, whilst posing a threat on the counter attack, it's just basic tactics of how to play when you know your going to be outplayed.

Why would you attack, sending players forward when you know that players such as Xavi, Iniesta and Messi for Barca, or Robben, Ribery and say, Schweinsteiger for Bayern will carve your defence open in a counter attack? That's just plain stupid. By dropping deep, they eliminate the space in behind and the only way through is through small, intricate passes, crosses, or long shots.

Chelsea analysed the situations well, played to their strengths, and deservedly won the tournament.

Defending is an art as well as attacking, you know. Just less entertaining to watch.

I didn't say playing defensive football isn't a valid tactic. You say luck plays a part, I think Chelsea took liberties in that department. Ive never seen anything like it. They conceded too many chances, and logic says they should have been beaten. This cup run defied all logic.

I don't think they even defended that well, sat back and relied in throwing themselves in front of the ball. It shouldn't come to that. I think it was Baresi who said something like , if as a defender, you are having to make tackles, then you are not doing your job properly.

They could have restricted the opponents chances better, in fact I don't think they did that at all. Hugely lucky.

Being an Arsenal fan, I love the attacking football we play, but trust me it is so frustrating at times. I would gladly swap our attacking football to play like Chelsea, good at defending and counter-attacking if it meant us winning trophies. I don't mind if we win 1-0 just as long as we win I don't care how.

This sun needs to sod off, I can't afford to be tempted to the pub after work every night. :D

Bit of a change of conversation from the griping about Chelsea, but I ordered six cd's off Play.com last week, they turned up yesterday & every single case is cracked ffs. Loving Foster The People atm.

Granada is even worse!!!

Only Dani Benítez... and he's not coming back next season. ;)

May soon be at an English club... so that will be fun!

Meanwhile... summer transfer window. Yes, it's "silly season" once more. Rumours and speculation in abundance. :D

Have you have just woken up Purefun?!

I haven't been to bed yet, messy Wednesday :cool: Not going to sleep now and doss in the sun in a couple hours!

I've a feeling that it'll be Germany who'll win the Euro's.

Indeed. Most of their players have had good seasons domestically and they have a lot of depth in most positions except maybe Striker. Also, they are usually the freshest of the big teams in these tournaments due to their winter break.

I'm going to be outrageous here and predict that Spain won't get out of their group. I can see Italy going through, and Ireland scraping it in that group. I think Germany will win the whole thing, and england will get knocked out in controversial fashion somehow again.

----

Also, I absolutely love this weather :cool:

I want to place a bet on it, but don't really know how to :o

I normally only do accumulators which is just ticking boxes, not sure how I'd bet on Spain to not get out of the groups though :/

Indeed he's a very good player, but with one year left on his contract it's a lot of money.

He'd have cost around £30-40 mill though if not. Snippet of a price really.

Now go and get Cabaye and the league is yours :thup:

Would prefer Cheick Tiote. We've needed a proper holder in the middle of the park to put a foot in for years. Although Fletcher does an excellent job, he's more of a box-to-box player. And frankly, who knows what he's going to be like when/if he returns.