Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

got a new wallet (was much needed), some money, a bottle of wine, some strange green tea, chocolatea, a new shirt, some towels and a big set of books (hunger games, and a song of ice and fire...the later one in particular was on my to do list so it was spot on)

A Song of Ice and Fire, I got those in the Amazon Black Friday sale for £18 I think :cool:. Not read them yet though.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. The Al-Hasawi's took over in the summer. Said they'd let Cotterill have a chance. They sacked him 48 hours later iirc. They then said they wanted an iconic manager. Approached McCarthy who turned us down. We then appointed SOD, first team coach to Cotterill for the latter part of last season. He's not done too bad and we're only 1 point off the play-offs. The thing is, from what's been said on here by people who seem to be itk, the players and SOD had a chat after the Watford game about his tactics. We've recently replaced our chairman, Omar(Fawaz's cousin) with Fawaz himself due to 'personal reasons'. However, there was a **** up with us paying our players. Maybe there's more to it and Omar wanted to keep SOD and Fawaz didn't. Fawaz is majority holder. The plan this season is mid-table, but in the past few weeks, SOD and the board had a meeting supposedly and promotion is now the aim. Another rumour is that Fawaz didn't think SOD could attract the players needed to get us promoted, so we've let him go. Yet, in the statement on his sacking/departure. It says that it's taken to long for the players to gel.

To make things worse, a manager was at our game today. He is a certain Mr Roy Keane. But apparently so was RDM and apparently RDM has been offered it and wants it. Apparently. But all the other names being spouted, I don't like. THe only one I want is RDM. No other.

Roy Keane! Have fiun with him. :D

Indeed, he was linked in the summer as well. I don't want him, even if he did play for us back in 1990 something. They want a manager with proven Prem experience. Or Prem experience. Something like that. Which leaves every washed up manager on the universe. So yeah, unless it's RDM, we're fecked.

hey , so whats the new Match engine like, cant be arsed to read the gd negative feedback, aint got time to play the game at present.

bet its ok

absurd amounts of long shoots and no through balls at all, this bit needs a lot more balancing, gk delivery is still abysmal...but other then that its fine

absurd amounts of long shoots and no through balls at all, this bit needs a lot more balancing, gk delivery is still abysmal...but other then that its fine

In my last game I had 20 attempts at goal, only two of which were long shots. I wouldn't call that "absurd". Also after sixteen games my goalkeeper has a pass completion rate of 80%, and I certainly wouldn't call that "abysmal".

What happened?

0-1, 1-2, 2-3, before winning 4-3 in stoppage time.

I don't want Sven. Ruined Leicester by signing average players on overpaid wages. According to our chairman, he has contacted a PL manager and has a meeting with him today. From the tweet, it either means one in a job, or one who has come out of one. But one that has PL experience. Now, for me, I'd only take two managers that have that. RDM and Martinez. Both of which seem unlikely :(. I can't help but think we'd already contacted the manager beforehand and should we bring in one of RDM/Martinez, I'd hope that they bring SOD into their backroom staff if he wants it. Lots of the players seem to have liked him as well. I'd expect an announcement at some point today tbh. Got a feeling it'll be McLeish or Keane though :(.

Does it matter how you play as long as you get results? Surely prmotion playing "hoofball" is better than finishing tenth playing nice passing football?

It's not that though Tom. McLeish, Hughes, Keane etc etc. All have rubbish records. SOD, was here last season as a coach. We improved when he came in as a coach. We then lose about 15 players in the summer I think or a fairly large amount. Yet we go and replace them with players who are just as a good, if not better. We have had games where we've played well and others where we haven't. The owners when they took over said it would be a 3-5 year plan to get to the Premier League. Now, Omar(Fawaz's Cousin) became chairman whilst Fawaz and Abdulaziz became directors. As I said yesterday, Omar left for personal reasons. But some and I'm included in this reckon that Omar and Fawaz had a telling off. Omar left for 'personal reasons' and Fawaz took over. As Fawaz is the man with most of the money, he now wants promotion this season after seeing what the rest of the division can do and is willing to back the new manager to achieve it. Yet in his statement yesterday, they said that the team has taken to long to gel. So surely going and signing more players wouldn't neccessarily help.

According to someone on Twitter, in the interview they did when they took over, they said that the manager they wanted wasn't available until Jan. Whether this is true or not, I don't know no. But, if it is, McLeish kind of fits in that when he was sacked, he may have been told that he couldn't get a new job until Jan.

I am sure NF has said indeed at least 10 times today.

Indeed I have SRL :D.