Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Most politicians are pricks in their own right tbh. Most are only in it for themselves. Not that I blame them for it though. It just can be annoying from an outsiders point of view when they come out with things or do things that we may not agree with. Personally, there is a lot I don't agree with that this country does. But, as I don't have money or know how in politics. I can't do anything.

Im very much from a working background, my family arent short of money allround, but financially wise we couldnt even be classed as middle class - Tuckers obviously rich, his education allows him to correct people far too often :D.

Did any of you guys see that thing on facebook, it was like 3% of british people are millionaires, and something ridiculous like 87% of them are politicians!!

Did any of you guys see that thing on facebook, it was like 3% of british people are millionaires, and something ridiculous like 87% of them are politicians!!

Great source, must be true.

The welfare reforms were in all the party manifestos, so it doesn't matter if you voted Tory or Labour. Labour actually started it when they were in government. I voted Tory, but I never thought the reforms would go to the extent they have, i.e., making it near on impossible for someone to be in the support group without appeal at a tribunal.

I just still cannot get my head around the country being lead by Ed Miliband. I don't know what it is about him. 2015 elections are going to be interesting, but Labour will win it because of the shear volume of people the Tories have pissed off (the poor, primarily).

Anyway, less of the politics. I went to the gym this morning, 7am start. First time I've ever done that. I actually feel more awake than I would do normally. Have a good day, y'all.

Probably more reliable than most newspapers to be fair :p.

Probably :D

I very rarely read newspapers, I find their transfer rumours hilarious though. So many nothing stories.

1,650 words through a 3,000 word assignment. You know, I don't do badly considering I only started a couple of hours ago.

During the Arsenal - Barca game last season, I got through 2,600 in just under 3 hours. Got an A- :D

It was Wednesday I think, deadline was 11.59pm. Started just before the second half kicked off, uploaded the assignment for 11.52pm. Result!

During the Arsenal - Barca game last season, I got through 2,600 in just under 3 hours. Got an A- :D

It was Wednesday I think, deadline was 11.59pm. Started just before the second half kicked off, uploaded the assignment for 11.52pm. Result!

Not bad going. I pull out my best work the day before my work is due in. That has been the base for all of my work the last two years. Honestly can't wait. 5 weeks and then I am a qualified teacher.

Not bad going. I pull out my best work the day before my work is due in. That has been the base for all of my work the last two years. Honestly can't wait. 5 weeks and then I am a qualified teacher.

How much did it cost you? You already had the degree so have just done a PGCE/Equivalent to one haven't you over 2 years?

How much did it cost you? You already had the degree so have just done a PGCE/Equivalent to one haven't you over 2 years?

The total cost of the course was around £1800, but I am not having to pay for it because I don't earn enough, apparently. I get the money off Student Finance and the government pay for it. I have a Foundation Degree in Sports & Exercise Sciences which took 2 years and 'topped it up' with an Applied Sports Coaching Science Degree which is classed as the third year of a degree. It goes down as 2 qualifications, but it is like having 1 Degree, if that makes sense? The PGCE is over 2 years part-time, the equivalent of a 1 year course.

The total cost of the course was around £1800, but I am not having to pay for it because I don't earn enough, apparently. I get the money off Student Finance and the government pay for it. I have a Foundation Degree in Sports & Exercise Sciences which took 2 years and 'topped it up' with an Applied Sports Coaching Science Degree which is classed as the third year of a degree. It goes down as 2 qualifications, but it is like having 1 Degree, if that makes sense? The PGCE is over 2 years part-time, the equivalent of a 1 year course.

Hmmm, what did you have to have to get onto this Foundation Degree?

Hmmm, what did you have to have to get onto this Foundation Degree?

Can't remember the specific requirements, but I think if I passed my BTEC in Sports & Exercise Studies we were allowed straight on.

Yeah, my best work is produced on the day, day before.

I have no motivation to do it otherwise :D Once you get going, you storm through.

Decided what kind of teacher you want to be yet? I am not talking subjects, I am talking the cool one which is laid back and everyone student loves, or the strict one people hate and have multiple nicknames for.

Decided what kind of teacher you want to be yet? I am not talking subjects, I am talking the cool one which is laid back and everyone student loves, or the strict one people hate and have multiple nicknames for.

It is seriously impossible to say as it completely depends on the situation. The kids I've taught so far are alright and I can have a laugh with them but they know when they've crossed the line. I've heard it off a couple of them so far that its 'the look' I give them when I'm annoyed that makes them think 'oh ****' :D.

Aaaahhh what to do today?? The trouble and strife is working through the day then out in the evening. FM maybe? Go out and drink ending the day with a filthy takeaway? I am stumped.

Stuff the social going out bit - buy some beers, start playing FM and order a takeaway later. Watch out for some strange transfers if you do hit the sauce.

Stuff the social going out bit - buy some beers, start playing FM and order a takeaway later. Watch out for some strange transfers if you do hit the sauce.

I don't drink at home..............unless having a bootle of wine with the other half.

Aaaahhh what to do today?? The trouble and strife is working through the day then out in the evening. FM maybe? Go out and drink ending the day with a filthy takeaway? I am stumped.

This is my favourite way to describe any partner, kudos! :thup: - Get a few beers in, stevie will drive up, i`ll fly down and we`ll get alot of filthy takeaways :D

I best not be being referred to as Stevie.

Good point - Maybe its a scottish thing saying stevie?

Yeah my geography is **** tom, what did you opt for doing?

I took the day off work due to still being run down, and partly for doing 27 hours in the past 2 shifts and hardly eating, decided the state the flat was in was annoying me, so i cleaned up a bit, fed the kitten, cleaned out his litter box and replaced it, took the rubbish and recycling out, hoovered the livingroom and the hall, and had to take a break because i was knackered, underestimated how heavy the hoover was

Evening/Afternoon all.

Anyone else enjoyinging the Arsenal VS Norwich game? I'll be interested to see if Arsenal can mount a come back. On another note wine is good!!!

EDIT: Will that miss from Norwich cost them? i hope not.

No way that is a pen (in the Arsenal VS Norwich game).

EDIT: if that is a pen then there would be at least 3-4 pens per game, in every league. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

EDIT2: and now we have the wining goal. Arsenal should be giving the ref a prize hamper. Without hm Norwich would have won.