Funny Screenshots Thread

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ales said:

(FM 2007) Is this the best ever uncapped player in history? Currently among top 3 if not the best in the world.

toure.jpg

Wow - surely he'd be eligible for France?

@Weston: I tried a test by adding new manager of France, checked, and-no, he isn't eligible. :eek:. Was also surprised, checked Wikipedia and found the below, so maybe in FMs after 2009 he would be eligible. It is really sad for him. Also Mayotte rarely play any matches, because it is not part of FIFA, the last one in my save was played in March 2157.

The people of Mayotte voted to remain politically a part of France in the 1974 referendum on the independence of the Comoros. Mayotte became an overseas department on 31 March 2011 and became an outermost region of the European Union on 1 January 2014, following a 2009 referendum with an overwhelming result in favour of the department status.

@Hovis Dexter: I have used successive profiles due to maintaining realism, so sadly my current man is only 75.  :lol:

Edited by Ales

41 minutes ago, Ales said:

@Weston: I tried a test by adding new manager of France, checked, and-no, he isn't eligible. :eek:. Was also surprised, checked Wikipedia and found the below, so maybe in FMs after 2009 he would be eligible. It is really sad for him. Also Mayotte rarely play any matches, because it is not part of FIFA, the last one in my save was played in March 2157.

@Hovis Dexter: I have used successive profiles due to maintaining realism, so sadly my current man is only 75.  :lol:

Perfect player to throw in an offer where all the money is based on international appearences lol

On 12/01/2020 at 06:43, Ales said:

Wow! Well, I suppose that can only be good for you if it means he won't be injured on international duty and is less likely attract interest from richer clubs (assuming there are any) if he's not winning World Cups.

5 hours ago, LokiValfar said:

We really do need an option to tell players who do stupid stuff like that just how utterly stupid they are!

The annoying part is that I actually brought in players that strengthened the squad, but maybe they weren't good enough to his standards... He is by far our best player after all.

8 hours ago, fmonit said:

The annoying part is that I actually brought in players that strengthened the squad, but maybe they weren't good enough to his standards... He is by far our best player after all.

I've had players ask for a certain area to be strengthened... not signed anyone for the first team (prearranged transfer of a kid for the u18's came in) and the player has been happy with what I'd done o_0

On 22/01/2020 at 17:59, LokiValfar said:

When it's a Manchester Derby in a cup final 5450 miles away from Manchester so the teams put on a proper show...  The previous meeting in Manchester was a 2-0 win...

whatinthefudge.jpg

Has the Club World Cup format changed? How can there be two clubs from the same continent?

6 minutes ago, Weston said:

Has the Club World Cup format changed? How can there be two clubs from the same continent?

Yup it's changed in real life now too.

The new tournament, planned to start in 2021, would be held every four years instead of annually, would feature 24 teams and 31 matches. It would include all UEFA Champions League winners, UEFA Champions League runners-up, Europa League winners and Copa Libertadores winners from the four seasons up to and including the year of the event, with the remainder qualifying from the other four confederations

3 hours ago, LokiValfar said:

Yup it's changed in real life now too.

The new tournament, planned to start in 2021, would be held every four years instead of annually, would feature 24 teams and 31 matches. It would include all UEFA Champions League winners, UEFA Champions League runners-up, Europa League winners and Copa Libertadores winners from the four seasons up to and including the year of the event, with the remainder qualifying from the other four confederations

This seems like a complicated mess to rival that of the European Nations League...

5 hours ago, Weston said:

This seems like a complicated mess to rival that of the European Nations League...

You see a lot of rather large scorelines in the competition too when you see Europes best facing off against greyed out African/Oceanic clubs.  Just means every 4 years the cream of European football play bad teams twice, then face off against each other in the knockout rounds.  Infact the two that have happened in my game (2021, 2025) both finals were all English affairs.

5 hours ago, Nick_CB said:

Fifth consecutive penalty that my team misses. It is ridiculous the situation in which the game is

My team very rarely misses penalties. In a shoot-out maybe 1, but regular penalties in a game I think they’ve missed 1 in about 4 seasons.