"All-time" All-time XI

I had an idea last night when I was looking at my historical XI for my long-running Harrow save (see Dafuge's Challenge). I was wondering how my Harrow Historical XI compared with my Arsenal save from last year, which was similarly long-running.

That made me wonder what would by my ultimate best XI from all my saves.

So this is what that is. Any version of FM, pick your all-time XI.

For each player, include where possible a screenshot of their profile when they were at their peak, or failing that, at the end of their career, plus screenshots of all the relevant historical XIs - I assume for most people, that will cover several players with each one. Obviously if you no longer have any saves other than one FM12 save, this won't work.

It could also work if you've worked with two different teams (or more) on one save.

Also (the hard bit), for comparison reasons, add up all the players' career stats. This is because the Historical XI is bugged, and doesn't get the stats quite bang-on (I think it doesn't include seasons where the player wasn't in the seasonal XI, for example).

So what you have to do is as follows:

Add up all the appearances, goals etc. for all competitions - fairly straightforward, but do add them up yourself. I suggest that Appearances, Goals, Assists and Man of the Match awards should do. For the Average rating, it is a bit more complicated. You have to go through each season multiplying the number of games (including substitute appearances) by the average rating. Then you add all those up and divide by the appearances, for example:

Mister G, a striker:

Season 2011-12 Apps 17 (20); Gls 16; Assts 10; MoM 4; AvR 6.73 TOTAL RATING: 6.73 * 37 = 249.01

Season 2012-13 Apps 30 (10); Gls 20; Assts 15; MoM 9; AvR 7.12 TOTAL RATING: 7.12 * 40 = 284.80

Season 2013-14 Apps 51 (2); Gls 40; Assts 20; MoM 15; AvR 7.89 TOTAL RATING: 7.89 * 53 = 418.17

SOLD TO REAL NEWCASTLE FOR £10000000 tr.

So Mister G made a total of 130 appearances, scored 76 goals, 45 assists and 28 Man of the Match awards. Simple enough.

To work out his average rating, all you have to do is add up his total rating and divide by 130, which gives us 951.98 / 130 = 7.32

So mister G's entry on your best XI would be :

SC: Mister G (screenshot of a peak year)

APPS: 130, GOALS: 76, ASSTS: 45, MoM; 28, AvR: 7.32.

(screenshot of the most recent historical XI he appeared in, if possible - if it's from an FM before this feature was "invented", that's fine)

I will post my all-time best XI shortly, although I think they will be exclusively from FM11/12 because I think the others have all been uninstalled!

PS: In theory, you could have a player in there who is not in any historical XI, but I doubt you'd want to. If so, just make it clear why there is no best XI screenshot.

Should also add that we're not taking the standard of leagues into account here - we're looking for the best players in comparison to their competition - so if like me you're doing a Dafuge save, no reason why you can't have one from your lower-league days!!

GreyedOutMan's XI

Taken from Arsenal FM11 and Harrow FM12 (more might be added later)

GOALKEEPER:Jordi (Arsenal FM11)

Started as back-up to someone else, but stepped up so well that he became the best.

His best season

His attributes just after he left Arsenal

APPS: 571, CONC: 532, CLN: 249, MoM; 24, AvR: 7.10

RIGHT BACK:Juan (Arsenal FM11)

His only sin was moving on a bosman to Man City, although by then he was already on the wane.

His best season

Him as a Youth Coach at Notts County soon after his career ended

APPS: 454, GLS: 8, ASSTS: 76, MoM: 18, AvR: 7.29

LEFT BACK:William Thebault (Arsenal FM11)

Legendary full back, his career at Arsenal is still going strong in 2035, although I've stopped playing that FM11 game for now. I might go back to it to finish his and others' careers, though.

His best season

Him currently

APPS: 846, GLS: 6, ASSTS: 113, MoM: 39, AvR: 7.37

CENTRE BACK:Zakhar Sidelnikov (Arsenal FM11)

My 1000-appearance man. His ratings tailed off a bit, understandably, at the end, but it's crazy he's not in the best XI - the best central defender I've ever had by a mile. His career AvR at its peak was as high as 7.29 - and that's with a good 750 appearances behind him, not a handful.

His best season

Him as one of my own coaches

APPS: 1101, GLS: 134, ASSTS: 66, MoM: 53, AvR: 7.19

CENTRE BACK:Wilfred Adams (Harrow FM12)

I'm hoping he'll soon be overtaken by Neumeier (see subs), but he's currently the best Harrow defender. Bill and Papadopoulos might have sneaked it but I dont have any screenshots of them at all, or accurate stats haha!

His best season

Retired

APPS: 175, GLS: 18, ASSTS: 12, MoM: 12, AvR: 7.19

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER:Jordan Taylor (Arsenal FM11)

Why Whitehead is in the team instead of him is beyond me because he was the DM for the same period that Whitehead was the CM! Youth product (hence the 2017 tag) - awesome player whose career isn't over yet.

His best season

Him currently

APPS: 885, GLS: 22, ASSTS: 176, MoM: 17, AvR: 7.21

CENTRAL MIDFIELDER:Brian Whitehead (Arsenal FM11)

Just sneaks in ahead of Fabregas or Cabello (see subs). Another youth product who did really well before moving to Celtic.

His best season

Him at Celtic

APPS: 676, GLS: 158, ASSTS: 192, MoM: 42, AvR: 7.26

RIGHT WING:Jay Pilgrim (Arsenal FM11)

Another youth product, although nearly slipped through the net, just caught him in time! Great on the right wing, Pilgrim was.

No Screenshots available, sorry!

APPS: 362, GLS: 100, ASSTS: 116, MoM: 24, AvR: 7.27

LEFT WING:Gokhan Karatoprak (Harrow FM12)

Played up front for Harrow but this team has a slightly different formation, and he would have been fine on the wing, too, albeit that he would have been a right winger - if you prefer, we could play an asymmetric system with one winger behind three strikers!

His best season

Retired

APPS: 185, GLS: 74, ASSTS: 64, MoM: 24, AvR: 7.26

STRIKER:Benjamin Heun (Arsenal FM11)

An awesome striker who should make it to 500 goals if I ever play it again. Like a few others, fallen away towards the end a little bit, but scored at least 40 goals in 8 seasons, including seven in a row, passed 50 twice, and passed 60 once too.

His best season

Him now

APPS: 664, GLS: 520, ASSTS: 184, MoM: 128, AvR: 7.57

STRIKER:Babacar Keita (Arsenal FM11)

The youngest of the "Arsenal trio" of strikers (see Ruben below, too), but probably the best. At 25, he will almost certainly get over twice the tally he has so far.

His best season so far

Him now

APPS: 407, GLS: 328, ASSTS: 135, MoM: 88, AvR: 7.62

SUBS (in order of quality, but a balanced bunch):

STRIKER:Ruben (Arsenal FM11)

The first in the conveyor belt of great strikers at Arsenal. Ruben broke Henry's record, Heun broke that, and Keita will almost certainly break that if I ever play this game again. No screenshot for the original, though, sorry.

APPS: 602, GLS: 454, ASSTS: 178, MoM: 122, AvR: 7.57

WINGER:Gavin Anderson (Arsenal FM11)

Another youth product. Possibly should be there instead of Karatoprak, but I wanted a bit of evenness!! Two spells at the club after buying him back for £4.8m six months after losing him on a Bosman!

His best season so far

Him now

APPS: 429, GLS: 62, ASSTS: 125, MoM: 7, AvR: 7.10

CENTRE-BACK:Tobias Neumeier (Harrow FM12)

Rather hoping he'll do well enough to break into the first XI at some point, he should do because he's talented enough, but so far every season he crosses the 7-line! AvRs: 7.02, 6.96, 7.12, 6.64, 7.25, 6.82, 7.02!

His best season so far

Him now

APPS: 274, GLS: 13, ASSTS: 13, MoM: 23, AvR: 7.02

GOALKEEPER:Junior Tommy (Harrow FM12)

Sneaks in ahead of Kalema Lukaku, my goalkeeper from League Two right through to my first Championship year.

His best season - team of the year shot was the best I could find!

Retired

APPS: 154, CONC: 176, CLN: 54, MoM: 2, AvR: 6.86

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER:Jose Felix Cabello (Harrow FM12)

Fabregas was close behind, but Cabello is still active so has room to improve!

His best season so far

Him now

APPS: 244, GLS: 28, ASSTS: 56, MoM: 14, AvR: 7.11

FULL BACK:Jorrit Visser (Arsenal FM11)

Could play both sides, ideal for the bench. Very consistent too - 7.21 with only two man-of-the-match awards shows he was always at that "good" level.

His best season

Him now, at Man City again!

APPS: 287, GLS: 0, ASSTS: 19, MoM: 2, AvR: 7.21

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER:Giasoumis Avgousti (Harrow FM12)

Although current DM, Mpinda, is in that team, Avgousti played there for years and was a stalwart - he's probably a bit unlucky not to be in the first XI. Played in three divisions with distinction before moving to Inverness.

His best season

Him now, at Inverness on a zimmerframe!

APPS: 415, GLS: 44, ASSTS: 135, MoM: 26, AvR: 7.04

Here's a mockup of that team:

Direct Link

HistoricalTeamMockup.png

Gypsum's all time greatest XI...

GK - Stuart McNeil - FM12 - Signed in League 1 and continued as a first team keeper to win the Champions league.

DR - Roland Matovic - FM09 - Became a wonderkid at 17, as a Lithuanian speaking no English he got called up for England. Went on to make 573 apps for Merthyr.

DL - Mika Lehtonen - FM09 - Bought for a cool £55m, and worth it. Best left-back i've ever seen.

DC - Carlos Gonzalez - FM12 - Easily the best player in my current Worksop side, ridiculously talented for a centre-back.

DC - Lee Brooks - FM11 - A stalwart in my Chippenham game. A member of the exclusive club of players to join me in league 1 and go on to win the Champions league.

DMC - Zdravko Blazhev - FM09 - A beast of a defensive midfielder. Also a good goalscorer, with 93 goals in his 535 Merthyr apps.

MC - Craig Fraser (Captain) - The greatest player I have ever had in FM. 5x world player and 3x World footballer of the year says it all. And kept playing Premiership football until the age of 40! Made 624 appearances, scoring 190 goals with a 7.45 rating. 121 caps and 41 goals for Scotland. Unbelievable player.

MC - Carlao - FM11 - An incredible midfielder, my first world-class player at Chippenham and was the key to most of our success.

STR - Tim Joyce - FM09 - Came through as an understudy to Tom McKenzie, a prolific, athletic striker.

STC - Tom McKenzie - Signed as a 17 year-old in the Championship and became a Champions league quality battering ram of a striker. Ended his career with 736 Merthyr appearances, and 432 goals!

STL - Pat Kirkup - One of my own youth products at Merthyr. Ridiculously talented attacker, playing in midfield and attack in his career. Even then he managed 772 appearances with 410 goals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived