Canada

DazzaGills

Hi all, I took the CSL with its 13 teams, deleted them all and added 14 made up Canadian teams of my own.

I then made a cup, the Canadian Championship, and edited that, so both the league and cup are played just for my 14 teams.

I've ran a few tests, and this all works great. However, I want to progress this set up so the winning team of the league gets into a continental competition.

I don't care if its the Europa league, nacl, just something so that you have something to go after each season.

How do I do this? Thanks. :)

CSL teams can't get continental entry. The only means for Canadian teams is the Candian Championship which is made up of the 3 (soon 4) Canadian MLS teams. Talk of the CSL winner being added to this has occured but not came to anything.

In order to have the winner gain entry to the NACL you'd need to edit the continental rules. I don't have much experience with this though so I can't help you in that regard.

What happens if you re-create the existing Canadian Championship (but use the current competition ID rather than creating a new one)? Would the game not still recognise the winner of that competition as the qualifier for the NACL?

In my experience, not unless you also re-create (or use an edited version of) the NACL.

CSL teams can't get continental entry. The only means for Canadian teams is the Candian Championship which is made up of the 3 (soon 4) Canadian MLS teams. Talk of the CSL winner being added to this has occured but not came to anything.

In order to have the winner gain entry to the NACL you'd need to edit the continental rules. I don't have much experience with this though so I can't help you in that regard.

soon to be 4 MLS Canadian teams? Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal...who is supposed to be the forth? Not FC Edmonton, or at least I haven't heard of anything yet.

Archived