Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

Click the little triangle "play" button which makes it the starting tactic

that's all there is to it?

i was ending up with two tactics with he same name but different team instructions, i must have been pressing things all over the place!

thanks for that anyway...

my season is going well so far, unbeaten with southampton. i would recommend victor noring as a gk if anyone's struggling, i paid £140k for him and he;s my no. 1.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what match prep you reccome???

i just do workload high and teamwork throughout pre-season,then after reduce workload to low and switch between defensive positioning and attacking movement,i'm going to plan to do defensive positioning if i am away several days before the game then attacking movement several days before a home game

i just do workload high and teamwork throughout pre-season,then after reduce workload to low and switch between defensive positioning and attacking movement,i'm going to plan to do defensive positioning if i am away several days before the game then attacking movement several days before a home game

ok mate you have pm

Won first match with the new tactic Hough - 7-2 away at Blackpool - great win, but players did seem to get knackered a bit - could've been because it was a midweek match, but most started around 100% and a few ended up on 70% - great attacking though and like I said...great win

Could this defensive tactic be used for ac milan? I've just used it for the first time against benfica in the champions league away because the original tactic seemed to unreliable away from home for me.

We won 3 - 2 but they managed to pull level after we were winning 2 nil which worried me as it constantly looked like they were going to score more particularly from throw ins which seems to be an issue. Also my team seemed lucky to make it off the pitch alive. I've never seen them so tired.

Is it best to stick to the original tactic with milan at home and perhaps find another for away games do you chaps think?

I'm having problems with my players getting extremely tired as well, especially all three midfielders and FBs. I'm not using any specific training schedule. Any ideas? (Mr Hough's tactics)

To m.u.f.c1878: I'm testing your tactic and I have a doubt. Who do you sub when a player is sent off?

Btw: I'm using 12.04

heres the 4-1-2-2-1 tweak from houghs 4-1-2-3

it was a while when i tweaked so off the top of my head can't 100% remember them,but the width changed with team mentality and several changes to the fullbacks

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21197145/4-1-2-2-1+tweak+from+mr+houghs+4-1-2-3%21%21+%28Man+Utd%2C+Dec+2011%29.tac

BarclaysPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

ANY HELP OR ADVICE ON TEAM TALKS PLEASE,IJUST CAN NOT MAKE SENSE OR GET ANYTHING FROM THEM,ASSISTANT ONES END UP IN PLAYERS HAVING BAD REACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason you are getting a negative reaction from your assistant manager is that if you look near the top right hand corner he tells you what he is gonna say to the players, If it says "I don't have anything specific to say" then the players will react badly because if they have won the game 5-0 they'd expect to be praised.

What i would do is look at what he is gonna say, If he is gonna say the above then you choose something, I'd go with a choice from Assertive Passionate or Calm with a good response from the choice that they give you

Hough cmon mate just release one tactic. I want to see the best one of what you got. Take your time mate. Don't rush. Release when you finally have got the one. A bit like what brobs17 does with his!

If you care to read my Posts and the Tactical OP that i write you will realise that this very latest Tactic is simply a defensive Tweak - Now i could write what i did out for people to do in there game manually but when i do that all everybody says is "Can you upload it in a Tactic" So i have done to save all the questions i get asking for it.

This 3 Striker tactic is about as good as a 3 Striker tactic can get, I can;t see me making anymore improvements unless the defence suffers again.

heres the 4-1-2-2-1 tweak from houghs 4-1-2-3

it was a while when i tweaked so off the top of my head can't 100% remember them,but the width changed with team mentality and several changes to the fullbacks

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21197145/4-1-2-2-1+tweak+from+mr+houghs+4-1-2-3%21%21+%28Man+Utd%2C+Dec+2011%29.tac

BarclaysPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

ANY HELP OR ADVICE ON TEAM TALKS PLEASE,IJUST CAN NOT MAKE SENSE OR GET ANYTHING FROM THEM,ASSISTANT ONES END UP IN PLAYERS HAVING BAD REACTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Could this work with a weaker team?

Can any one give some results to show m.u.f.c 1878's tactic is truly better than Mr Hough's?

He never claimed it would be better for everyone, just that it worked for him. I suppose it depends on what squad you have. More strikers? Use Dave's. Some wingers? Use mufc's.

Can any one give some results to show m.u.f.c 1878's tactic is truly better than Mr Hough's?

These kind of comments really bug me, Here is some Reasons why.

1 - Mine and Mufc's formations are completly different so it impossible to deicde which is better becuase they play compeltly different players for each positions.

2 - I don't think Mufc is trying to make a tactic that is better than my own, All i think he has wanted to do is Use Man Utd but use the likes of Nani and Young in the team that is why it is a 4-1-2-2-1 formation instead of a 4-1-2-3.

3 - What you have asked for is stupid, Why would people test both tactics just to show you results when you can do it yourself in your own games.

Next time your gonna ask questions think first.

Just posted elsewhere on the forums about the success of this tactic. Used it for Aberdeen in Scotland all through the first season and won a league/cup double. Considering the mediocre nature of the players at my disposal, this was a spectacular success.

Was a bit likely to lose goals when playing either Rangers or Celtic, but scored heaps against all the smaller sides.

Well done!

Well the new def tweak tactic is not working for me.

I switched too it for the last 6 games of my HSV season.

Drew 0-0 at home, then lost 6-2 away, won the next 3 games 1-0, 4-0 and 2-1, then drew the last game 2-2.

So I went from 2nd in the table to finishing 4th.

Maybe that would have happened anyway with the original Hough tactic I was using but I was GUTTED too lose 6-2 too Leverkusen.

My view is the tactic probably works best with the worlds best players not just my average too good players.

I wonder if anyone will make a tactic that can win the league without a team full of superstars???

Drew 0-0 at home, then lost 6-2 away, won the next 3 games 1-0, 4-0 and 2-1, then drew the last game 2-2.

Maybe that would have happened anyway with the original Hough tactic I was using but I was GUTTED too lose 6-2 too Leverkusen.

My view is the tactic probably works best with the worlds best players not just my average too good players.

I wonder if anyone will make a tactic that can win the league without a team full of superstars???

Seems you didnt take into account the 5/6 games bedding in

Another Stupid Question, I appreciatte the feedback don't get me wrong but say "My view is the tactic probably works best with the worlds best players not just my average too good players I wonder if anyone will make a tactic that can win the league without a team full of superstars???"

I have proven this tactic works well with less teams as i have proven in my tests, If we look at it you won 3 drew 2 and lost 1, That isn't 2 bad really, I'd be more concerned if you had lost all games

My players condition declines rapidly during the second half of games. After around an hour they're all around 60-70%.

Any ideas to improve this? I'm using the pre set training schedules, and I have 2 fitness coaches with a 3 star rating on Aerobics and Strength.

Does Mr Hough endorse any training schedules from the forums? Should I give my players a days rest after a game?

Aside from the fitness levels of my players, I'm having a very good season thus far.

My players condition declines rapidly during the second half of games. After around an hour they're all around 60-70%.

Any ideas to improve this? I'm using the pre set training schedules, and I have 2 fitness coaches with a 3 star rating on Aerobics and Strength.

Does Mr Hough endorse any training schedules from the forums? Should I give my players a days rest after a game?

Aside from the fitness levels of my players, I'm having a very good season thus far.

Decining fitness levels is due to the workload of the midfielders and Fullnacks, I am guessing these are the positions that are giving you trouble.

I don't use or havent used any training schedules in this or any forum but what i do try and so is a search for coaches with 20 in fitness, These coaches are the best for fitness.

I stared my save as wolves, finished 7th 1st season (won league cup and got to fa cup final) no superstars, season 2 finished 4th won the fa cup and had a few good players, now in my 3rd season i do have a good squad and it’s because of this tactic. You can’t win everything in your 1st season i gave myself 3 seasons to win the league with wolves I’m currently 2nd and top of my champions league group and still in all domestic cups, be sensible when it comes to this game! One tactic isn’t going to let your board give you 100 million transfer budget, you have to control the wages sell players to make a good team.

Thanks Mr Hough for making FM good again after skyrim :D

I stared my save as wolves, finished 7th 1st season (won league cup and got to fa cup final) no superstars, season 2 finished 4th won the fa cup and had a few good players, now in my 3rd season i do have a good squad and it’s because of this tactic. You can’t win everything in your 1st season i gave myself 3 seasons to win the league with wolves I’m currently 2nd and top of my champions league group and still in all domestic cups, be sensible when it comes to this game! One tactic isn’t going to let your board give you 100 million transfer budget, you have to control the wages sell players to make a good team.

Thanks Mr Hough for making FM good again after skyrim :D

Off FM but what is Skyrim like, I have it but i can't get into it at all, Does it get better after the first dragon attack

Decining fitness levels is due to the workload of the midfielders and Fullnacks, I am guessing these are the positions that are giving you trouble.

I don't use or havent used any training schedules in this or any forum but what i do try and so is a search for coaches with 20 in fitness, These coaches are the best for fitness.

I'll have a look for better fitness coaches, I have two at the moment, but the board advise having just one, so it might be better sticking with my two average coaches for now and just getting on with tired players until i can ask the board for more staff.

Maybe a stupid question, but which tactic you use with wolves?

Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12 Defensive Tweaked (Man Utd, Nov 2011).tac

but i have invested heavly in my wolves squad its taken me 3 years to find the players that will do this to valencia. so think about that

Mr Hough, my fitness' coaches have 5 stars and I still have problems with midfielders and FBs.

The fact that the CM's and FB's get tired is no surprise as some of them run for as much as 13.5 KM a game. I rest them a day after the game if their condition is 85-90 and 2 days if they cond. is below 85 and i have another game in 3 days. If i don't have any games for a week i don't rest them at all. Also, for substitutions i don't select a GK as they are very rarely getting injured during the game. I select a LB, RB, CD, DM, CM, ST, ST so that way you have options for when they get tired.

If i am comfortably wining the game, I go to players instructions, and for fullbacks i set the crosses to sometimes and the "cross from" to Deep. It's something that Mr. Hough suggested and it keeps the FB's to over 70% at the end of the game.

Tactic is working FANTASTIC for me and my suggestion is to make sure all your DM's and CM's are having good Tackling, Marking, Determination, Stamina, Workrate and Teamwork. All my midfielders are DM's as they have to defend very well. I would not play anybody that has less then 13 for tackling.

Hope this help.

This new tactic is just amazing. I play with Chelsea (I know its strong team, but the results are just awesome) and I have great result after 15 matches.

Here is league table:

dfdpk.jpg

Offensive and defensive is for me better than in original. I have some great results like vs Liverpol away 6-1 or Man City away 4-0 Everton away 5-0.

Thank you Mr Hough!

The problem is that people (myself included) want to fit players like Pastore in there, and the only spot he and similar players can play is MC. Since this is probably the first ever Hough's tactic which works with slow CBs, I was hoping that I can get away with offensive minded MCs too. While so far it works quite well, I did post some time ago that using a DM trio improves defense very clearly. A lot of people are asking for filters, and they obviously don't realize Hough's mindset when he creates tactics. You always use fast, technical strikers. You always use fast FBs with good defensive stats. And so on. This haven't changed since FM2010.

The fact that the CM's and FB's get tired is no surprise as some of them run for as much as 13.5 KM a game. I rest them a day after the game if their condition is 85-90 and 2 days if they cond. is below 85 and i have another game in 3 days. If i don't have any games for a week i don't rest them at all. Also, for substitutions i don't select a GK as they are very rarely getting injured during the game. I select a LB, RB, CD, DM, CM, ST, ST so that way you have options for when they get tired.

If i am comfortably wining the game, I go to players instructions, and for fullbacks i set the crosses to sometimes and the "cross from" to Deep. It's something that Mr. Hough suggested and it keeps the FB's to over 70% at the end of the game.

Tactic is working FANTASTIC for me and my suggestion is to make sure all your DM's and CM's are having good Tackling, Marking, Determination, Stamina, Workrate and Teamwork. All my midfielders are DM's as they have to defend very well. I would not play anybody that has less then 13 for tackling.

Hope this help.

Thanks a lot cipriang80! I'll try that out.

Hi Mr. Hough.

I used your tactic for the first season of my Panathinaikos save. On the one hand, I won the Europa League, on the other, I was poor in the league and had to make several adjustments for my domestic version of your tactc. The problem being that unless your defenders are very fast, you are prone to the counter attack. Also, sometimes, against teams playing for a midfield battle, possession can be hard to keep.

That being said, my performances in Europe were spectacular (with minimal signings). I beat Lyon to get into the CL and only finished 1 pt off of the Last 16 (Bayern & Villarreal ahead of me). There's no way I would have done so well with my own/other tactic. Winning the EL was great too.

It's a brilliant tactic (the best yet), but it will need tweaks depending on your teams position/players.

I think people have misread me abit.

I am not some knee jerk reaction person, I was simply stating what happened and that the version before the tweaks produced more wins for me so far, thats all.

Forums can be abit defensive and attack without alot of friendly discussion, but I am too old for all that at 40.

Thanks for the original tactic I use it all the time.

As i previously stated, this tactic is amazing. In my AC Torino save (not Juventus Torino, but the Serie B Torino) i won the Serie A in the first season after promotion with SIX GAMES TO GO, UNDEFEATED.

Media prediction was 18th and my chances to secure the title was 2,000:1.

LeagueTable.png

My squad is far from World Class, but well balanced. I can't stress how important is is to have the right midfielders and by that i mean defensive minded midfielders.

If you give this tactic enough time and the right players you will be amazed.

First11.jpg

Thank you Mr. Hough, these tactics are nothing short of EL Diablo

I think people have misread me abit.

I am not some knee jerk reaction person, I was simply stating what happened and that the version before the tweaks produced more wins for me so far, thats all.

Forums can be abit defensive and attack without alot of friendly discussion, but I am too old for all that at 40.

Thanks for the original tactic I use it all the time.

I understand where you are coming from, All i was trying to point out is that this tactic does work well without the Superstar team, I'm sorry that the more defensive version didn't work as it should but i'm happy that my Original is doing the job.

Sorry for the Confusion.

Dave

Archived