Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

No, This was based on my Boots to asses, I made it to a 4-1-2-2-1 at first then moved a Midfielder up to give the Attack more umph.

I haven't seen that 4-2-3-1 i'll have to have a look at it

Ok, then perhaps the Ballista was the one based on your Boots to asses tactic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daft Question but where's the link to the tactic is it on the front page ?? cheers

Here is my 4-1-1-2-2 Formation tactic.

I won't bore you with all the details simply because i get sick of writing them out all the time lol

Match Prep has been set to Either Defensive Positioning or Team Work with the Workload being High.

Maximum Pitch Size.

Team Talks as i have highlighted are a sticky point - Use whatever you feel work the best for you.

Training again same as team talks USe the best that you have found for you.

No Opposition Instructions.

If you have a man Sent off use a ST to replace him.

In Hard away games i have found that moving the Wingers down into the ML MR position just to add abit more stability to the tactic.

Remember that al tactics need a period of 3-4 games for the players to gel, This one is no different, I would suggest about 10 games for a proper evaluation of the tactic.

This is my last tactic for this Patch, Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?phobaw1b4a0020b

Thanks for all the support and Appreciation you guys show me, Some of the messages i get regarding my tactics is really nice Thankyou.

Wow, was reluctant to try it due to the fact the rolls back the years tactic made me get ride of all but 2 of my wingers but my team was going through a blip. The lack of wingers really didn't matter, 6-0 the final score and I was expecting maybe a 1 or 2 goal victory. Mohamed Bangura netting 5 goals! Kept coming close to 6 but that's just football. Recommend highly! Looking for wingers at the end of the season ;)

Looking forward to trying this on my Rangers save. I always tend to use this for home games as I tend to find away games a bit hit and miss. Probably due to the fact there does seem to be a bit of emphasis on struggling in away games.

Mr Hough - do you always use the same tactic for away games or do you chop and change depending on opponents?

Looking Forward to trying this Mr Hough....You should name ur next tactic..John Cena checking in to the Rock's smackdown hotel or the rocks gonna whoop cena's candy ass..lol

Ha Ha, I'm 28 but i still love my Wrestling, Looking forward to the Elimination Chamber tonight like

Looking forward to trying this on my Rangers save. I always tend to use this for home games as I tend to find away games a bit hit and miss. Probably due to the fact there does seem to be a bit of emphasis on struggling in away games.

Mr Hough - do you always use the same tactic for away games or do you chop and change depending on opponents?

Good question, I was initially using the same tactic for home and away but i noticed that in away games the Home side used to play better more attacking football so i dropped the AML and AMR into the ML and MR position and that without taking to much attack helped my players get back in position better

is the striker exploit used in the new tactic?
I don't know if it is an Exploit but i am using a ST set-up that was posted on these Forums.
yes he put it in. but he does not tick the target man. cant believe Cleon closed it

yes he put it in. but he does not tick the target man. cant believe Cleon closed it

Does it matter what ST you would use as the target man? I've been using Jelavic on my previous tactic which was just one up front. I would continue using him as target man but would it matter if he was left or right striker?

Good question, I was initially using the same tactic for home and away but i noticed that in away games the Home side used to play better more attacking football so i dropped the AML and AMR into the ML and MR position and that without taking to much attack helped my players get back in position better

Cheers - will try that when playing away. Although being Rangers I would pretty much only do that in european games and the odd tough away SPL game as I should be winning most my games.

First game with this tactic was old firm derby at home to Celtic. Won 4-1, some nice football played and once fully fluid can see it being even better! Was nice to get back to a 2 striker formation as I've been playing with one up front - couldn't really get two strikers to work together before.

Does it matter what ST you would use as the target man? I've been using Jelavic on my previous tactic which was just one up front. I would continue using him as target man but would it matter if he was left or right striker?

I don't use a Target Man Selected in my tactic and i think it works fine, It wouldn't matter which ST you used as they both have the same settings.

Cheers - will try that when playing away. Although being Rangers I would pretty much only do that in european games and the odd tough away SPL game as I should be winning most my games.

First game with this tactic was old firm derby at home to Celtic. Won 4-1, some nice football played and once fully fluid can see it being even better! Was nice to get back to a 2 striker formation as I've been playing with one up front - couldn't really get two strikers to work together before.

What i tend to do in games is say if i'm winning 3 or 4 - 0 i'll move the wingers down just to try and make sure i don't concede a goal.

for this tactic i dont know have not used it

Very random results so far. In my CL quarter final I beat Liverpool 4:0, and lost the rematch 1:5.. only got promoted on away goals.

In league I also lost my first game in nearly 30 matches, and against my biggest rivals OM, also only managed a draw against already relegated Troyes team. On the other side, I beat 3 teams in a row 7:2 7:0 7:1..

EDIT: I just got heavily dominated by.. AS Saint-Etienne. Away games are a HUGE problem.

its ok for me until now but i m not very happy....10 games -> 10 wins but scores like 2-1, 3-2, 1-0, etc...and not so good football also...many changes from the against team!

i will continue with the new tactic to see if will go better! until now i was so much happy with the ''Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years'' original...fantastic football, great attack and brilliant defence! will see

Tbh just my opinion but all of Mr.Hough's tactics bar his very first one (ultimate domination i think it was called, a 4-4-2 narrow diamond which i loved back on 09/10 days) are just complete exploits of the ME and the football they produce are just so unrealistic. They all include the corner one where your centre half bags around half of your goals and this by the looks of it has the one with the striker where any half decent one will over 100 games average about a hatrick a game, i think it was originally posted on a thai website. They lack any realism IMO and then as a result any enjoyment and i cringe at the demand, but as i have said before, each to there own.

Tbh just my opinion but all of Mr.Hough's tactics bar his very first one (ultimate domination i think it was called, a 4-4-2 narrow diamond which i loved back on 09/10 days) are just complete exploits of the ME and the football they produce are just so unrealistic. They all include the corner one where your centre half bags around half of your goals and this by the looks of it has the one with the striker where any half decent one will over 100 games average about a hatrick a game, i think it was originally posted on a thai website. They lack any realism IMO and then as a result any enjoyment and i cringe at the demand, but as i have said before, each to there own.

I understand everybody has an Opinion and that's fine but i don't Understand how people can say my tactics Exploit the Match Engine, The reason this Annoys me so much is that i spend hours on my Tactics tweaking the Sliders to try and prevent the opposition playing and scoring.

Why is that an Exploit, I tell you another thing i do as well, If i play against big sides i look at there Formation, Chelsea Barcelona Man City, Them teams and i try and Recreate Them Because i think to myself and i do as well, 'If the opposition can play like that then why can't i'.

Is it an Exploit of the ME to think that way because if it is then the ME exploits itself then.

I'd like to know why you think this is an Exploit to the ME, I agree that the general Play can be unrealistic at times But what is realistic. Would you prefer me to make my players score from the Half-Way line because David Beckham and a Few others have done it Hey it must be realistic, Do you want me to Make my Players Run past opponents at will and not get tackled, Lionel Messi and Many Others do that so that must be Realistic.

The point i'm trying to make is that what you think is 'Unrealistic' In my Tactics Could well Happen in a actual game of football because that can be 'Unrealistic' at times as well.

Mr Hough, Firstly there is nothing wrong with your tactic home or away, in every game realistic or unrealistic if you play away your always under pressure at home you always try to play more attacking football, so in my opinion there is nothing wrong with your tactic home or away.

what i do find frustrating is people on here that start with your tactic but play with Man City, Barcelona, Real Madrid and then say it's great you always win, Firstly yes you will always win and secondly it doesn't matter what tactic they use even if it was crap they would still win the majority of games.

They should do what I have with your tactic, I have taken Blyth Spartans from the Conference North to the top of league one in 3 seasons and currently I'm in my forth season and I'm sitting 6 points clear at the top and never spent a penny, so for me i know your tactic works as i know if i used my own i doubt i would be as high as i am.

People start using tactics on small clubs not the big 4 there is no way anyone can criticise any tactic if your a top 4 club, try being a small club and then come back with your results, you will then know if it works for the small clubs it will definitely work for the big clubs.

keep up the good work Mr Hough

Oh and on another note, the only thing you have to do to the Tactic is just tweak it to be slightly more defensive, it then works home and away and you don't have to change it, granted i don't win 7-0 every game but not many clubs do, but what i do is win every game 2, 3, 4 and even some times 7-?.

so don't panic play arround with the tactic just don't change to much and only make slight adjustments and then let people know what you have done.

Oh and on another note, the only thing you have to do to the Tactic is just tweak it to be slightly more defensive, it then works home and away and you don't have to change it, granted i don't win 7-0 every game but not many clubs do, but what i do is win every game 2, 3, 4 and even some times 7-?.

so don't panic play arround with the tactic just don't change to much and only make slight adjustments and then let people know what you have done.

Thats exactly what i plan to do.

Are you likely to release any player filters for the new tactic? I think there handy and give you an idea of the sort of players who'll fit in

Use Common-sense what do people want ? Hough to do play the game for them as well, you know what wingers are supposed to do and defenders and strikers etc etc, why do people need telling what a player should have.

personally everyone's game is different so you can't always go of what people recommend who they should be buying as it doesn't always work.

I also find thinking what i want before looking helps as well, think what the players position is and what there primary role in the team is and go from there.

Are you likely to release any player filters for the new tactic? I think there handy and give you an idea of the sort of players who'll fit in

Yeah i will do, I wanna get this away tactic sorted first then i'll do the Filters for the tactics.

Use Common-sense what do people want ? Hough to do play the game for them as well, you know what wingers are supposed to do and defenders and strikers etc etc, why do people need telling what a player should have.

personally everyone's game is different so you can't always go of what people recommend who they should be buying as it doesn't always work.

I also find thinking what i want before looking helps as well, think what the players position is and what there primary role in the team is and go from there.

Lol, Me and you are really on the same wave length mate, People like to know what type of Attributes although it is mainly Common Sense and the Filters are mainly Guidelines anyway.

I understand everybody has an Opinion and that's fine but i don't Understand how people can say my tactics Exploit the Match Engine, The reason this Annoys me so much is that i spend hours on my Tactics tweaking the Sliders to try and prevent the opposition playing and scoring.

Why is that an Exploit, I tell you another thing i do as well, If i play against big sides i look at there Formation, Chelsea Barcelona Man City, Them teams and i try and Recreate Them Because i think to myself and i do as well, 'If the opposition can play like that then why can't i'.

Is it an Exploit of the ME to think that way because if it is then the ME exploits itself then.

I'd like to know why you think this is an Exploit to the ME, I agree that the general Play can be unrealistic at times But what is realistic. Would you prefer me to make my players score from the Half-Way line because David Beckham and a Few others have done it Hey it must be realistic, Do you want me to Make my Players Run past opponents at will and not get tackled, Lionel Messi and Many Others do that so that must be Realistic.

The point i'm trying to make is that what you think is 'Unrealistic' In my Tactics Could well Happen in a actual game of football because that can be 'Unrealistic' at times as well.

I appreciate and have allot of respect for the fact you spend so much time tweaking to make it in your mind perfect but you did admit yourself the striker settings were implemented through the balista tactic was it? Which would have meant a few clicks and which is also known as an exploit. I am not knocking that, I played with that tactic for 5 games with Wolves and I think we scored something like 21 goals in 5 games with Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Steven Fletcher having average rating of something stupid like 9.23, and I could see where it was going, they were heading to be the best players in the world, and then the novelty wears out which is common with the ‘super’ tactics which they are quite clearly anything but, and that exactly my point on realism and tactics being fake and false.

You deserve a huge amount of credit you put in, you (along with 2 or 3 other people on here) basically do play out other peoples games, which I think is quite a shame really that so many people have to rely on other people. I admit I do download from time to time, but it lasts no longer than a season because I know it’s from other peoples successes. The best tactics I have ever used have been JP Woody's, and I have forever credited him when I have because they were not only brilliant but they were exactly basically default. It learnt me the best lesson possible, SI have gave us the template for a reason, they wouldn’t have the settings they do if they didn’t work and its meant my tactics now are basically that, default and from a personal point of view if I now see a tactic which has individual settings edited it puts me off, they aren’t meant to be like that so why should they? Again that is my view and I may be being completely naive to think so.

Like I say, each to their own and you should have top marks for not sulking like most do at a bit of critics (if it even was?) and reporting me for being banned like certain others cos of having an opinion! Lol.

I appreciate and have allot of respect for the fact you spend so much time tweaking to make it in your mind perfect but you did admit yourself the striker settings were implemented through the balista tactic was it? Which would have meant a few clicks and which is also known as an exploit. I am not knocking that, I played with that tactic for 5 games with Wolves and I think we scored something like 21 goals in 5 games with Sylvan Ebanks Blake and Steven Fletcher having average rating of something stupid like 9.23, and I could see where it was going, they were heading to be the best players in the world, and then the novelty wears out which is common with the ‘super’ tactics which they are quite clearly anything but, and that exactly my point on realism and tactics being fake and false..

I agree with you here as if you have players who aren't that good scoring buckets of goals then yes that is unrealistic to do that,

You deserve a huge amount of credit you put in, you (along with 2 or 3 other people on here) basically do play out other peoples games, which I think is quite a shame really that so many people have to rely on other people. I admit I do download from time to time, but it lasts no longer than a season because I know it’s from other peoples successes. The best tactics I have ever used have been JP Woody's, and I have forever credited him when I have because they were not only brilliant but they were exactly basically default. It learnt me the best lesson possible, SI have gave us the template for a reason, they wouldn’t have the settings they do if they didn’t work and its meant my tactics now are basically that, default and from a personal point of view if I now see a tactic which has individual settings edited it puts me off, they aren’t meant to be like that so why should they? Again that is my view and I may be being completely naive to think so..

I also have a massive amount of Respect for JP Woody, I also Respect Fuss Knap Brobbs17 Vudu El Magico Cragswfc The Better Half Heathxxx and Cleon to name a few. These people put alot of time and effort not just into making tactics but looking on other forums looking for little inspirations to add to there games aswell as adding there own knowledge to the forums.

I understand SI have put the Tactic creater in the game for a reason and they will most proberly start fading out the classic tactics soon and go soley on the creater, I use the classic format because it's easier for me to make tactics in the classic way rather than in the creater, In the Classic way when you click on the player Instructions it take up most of the screen and i can see exactly how many notches i have put for 1 setting and so on, In the creator way it's very hard to get it as i want it so. It's a compeltly stupid excuse but thats manily why i use the classic rather than the creater.

When i first start out the i do make my tactics in the creater and convert them over so i am using it a little bit.

I always play my games first with the default settings after i have created my tactic and just tweak here and there, If you converted my tactic back to creater and set the setting up they wouldn't be far off the default tactics i don't think.

Like I say, each to their own and you should have top marks for not sulking like most do at a bit of critics (if it even was?) and reporting me for being banned like certain others cos of having an opinion! Lol

I would never critize people for there opinions because thats all it is, I welcome positive comment and constructive Critism, I don'y appreciate when people say, "This tactic is rubbish tried it for 2 games and lost both" Them kind of comments do my head in because they do nothing to help either me or anyone else.

I hope you continue to try my tactics in the future and please don't hold back from telling me what you think.

Dave

If you want something more constructive...

Take a look at MC. At the moment, this guy is useless. Doesn't help out much at all. Not to mention he constantly gets closed down and pressured by the opposition a lot, and no matter what kind of player I put there, all he'll ever do is lose the ball.

Archived