Dont Believe The Hype - Kettering Town

Hypanimz

nice season mate. making good progress

seems like you are in the same position as me. Just waiting on the 20 year limit for a new stadium

Thanks mate. I think this will limit my progress slightly until I get a new stadium as just under 20k fans a week is not enough for a Champions League team.

Broke into the top two and won the FA Cup,well played

Thank you very much :D Just need the Champions League and Premier League now.

Almost there. I definitely believe the hype now

So close. Just need to stop throwing away silly points and I think we can win the league. All things going well maybe next season.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Season 2031/32

Only 4 new faces over the summer. I've brought in Javier Velez who I have been following for 4 years on a free trasnfer. I signed a 5 star pa 19 year old from Lyon for £3m compensation which I think is a absolute steal. Also incoming was a fullback on loan from Inter Milan to provide some cover. I smashed our transfer record with a £21m move for a 18 year old English striker from Watford. He has decent stats already and 5 star pa so hopefully I can turn him into a world beater. I'm happy with my outgoings as I got £10m for Martinez who only had a year left on his contract and I sold Jerkan for £13m who I only paid £350k for 6 seasons ago. He rarely played for me and when I gave him a chance he got sent off so I was happy to accept this offer.

Standard preseason. We beat Zenit, Havre AC, OGC Nice and Dunstable before we beat Man City 3-2 in the Community Shield to win our first silverware of the season.

With one trophy already in the bag this season I want to challenge for the title.

Aims

Title Challenge

Mid - Season Update 2031/32

League Table

Squad

Not a bad first half of the season. We are currently in 3rd but it would of been so much better if we hadnt lost silly points again! Hopefully we can have a second half of the season like last year and if that happens I think we could catch Chelsea. We have missed Bozzo for a few games this season so if he can stay fit we may challenge the leaders.

The Champions League was a bit of a struggle. We snuck through with a final game 3-2 victory over Schalke after we came back from 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go. Bit improvement needed for the knockout rounds.

Capital One Cup came and went again as I rested players as I want to focus on other priorities this season.

Hopefully we have a strong second half of the season and push for the title.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

Champions of Europe!!!! What an amazing season. We came second in the league again but we won the Champions League for the first time. If we were a bit more consistent we might of won the Premier League as well but overall I'm extremely happy.

League Table

Past Positions

We had a good season. We challenged Chelsea for most of the second half of the campaign but we never managed to capitalize on their slip ups. Whenever they lost we lost so we never gained ground. It was over with 2 games to go as we lost and they won so they had a 6 point gap with a vastly superior goal difference. Disappointing the gap finished off as 11 points as we threw away silly results in our final 2 games.

FA Cup - 3rd round exit away to Chelsea.

Capital One Cup - Gave the reserves a run out as usual. Lost 1-0 to Swansea

Champions League - Amazing campaign. We struggled through the group stage. We needed to get a result from our final game against Schalke and we were 2-1 down with 10 minutes to play, luckily we brought it back to win 3-2 otherwise we were out. The knockout rounds saw us defeat Lyon 3-2 over two legs and then scrape past AC Milan on away goals after a 2-2 draw at there ground. In the semi's we faced Real Madrid who beat us in the final a few years ago, they destroyed us but we held firm and got a 1-1 draw at the Bernabeu before beating them 2-0 at home. That left the final against Manchester United and we claimed a famous 1-0 victory with a goal from Cristante.

Squad - Very strong squad. Still lacking a world class striker. Hopefully will be able to attract one now.

Transfers -Mainly signed players for the future. They did ok when I needed them.

Finances - £15m profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Marcos Cristante - 29 goals in 49 games. Needs alot of chances to score.

Cristian Bozzo - Injured alot this season. Still got 17 assists in 28 games.

Ceser Leonel de la Torre - 11 assists and 15 goals from the left winger.

Ivan Cereceda - Coaches think he's a weak link. Clearly not!

Matias Blizzozero - Not as good as last season but still world class. 15 assists and 7 goals.

Really pleased to win the Champions League. All I need is a world class striker and I think the league is a possibility.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final
2019/20         League 1              3rd               Promoted Playoffs
2020/21         Championship          2nd               Promoted
2021/22         Premier League        10th              
2022/23         Premier League        6th
2023/24         Premier League        7th
2024/25         Premier League        4th               Capital One Cup winners
2025/26         Premier League        9th          Europa League and League Cup runners up
2026/27         Premier League        3rd
2027/28         Premier League        3rd          FA Cup runner up. CL Qtr finalist
2028/29         Premier League        3rd          Capital One Cup winners
2029/30         Premier League        4th          Champions League runners up
2030/31         Premier League        2nd         FA Cup Winners
2031/32         Premier League        2nd         Champions League and Community Shield winners

I hope he takes me to the Premier League title. Cristante was good but not world class. He took a lot of chances to score a goal. My new striker is 23 and rated 4.5 stars with 5 stars pa. Substantially better than the 3 star of Cristante.

Pre-Season 2032/33

Not many new faces this season. I've spent £45.5m on a new striker from Leverkusen and I'm hoping his goals can take us to the title. Also coming in was two 18 year olds who I agreed deals for a few years ago. A Brazilian fullback and a Argentinian right winger who will provide some depth and have a very good future ahead of them. I allowed Cristante to leave the club this summer as he wasnt going to get much game time, I accepted a £24m offer from PSG for him.

Friendlies were a bit of a struggle as alot of players were unavailable. We lost our first game to Ulsan but recovered to beat Daegu, River Plate, Hinckley, Black Leopards and Club Brugge. We never managed to put out my first choice 11 in the preseason.

I've spent big on the new striker to try and bring the Title. This is my main aim this season.

Aims

Title Challenge

Mid - Season Update 2032/33

League Table

Squad

Things look alot worse than they are. We have played good football but a few sloppy defensive errors have given away plenty of points. We havent lost many games but we have drawn far too many! Rieser hasnt quite hit the heights I wanted but I feel he is still settling into the squad. Hopefully in the second half of the season we can have our traditional strong finish and move up the table. If we win our 2 games in hand we will jump up to 3rd.

The Champions League was again a struggle as we went into our final game against Atletico Madrid needing a win to progress, we proceeded to destroy them 4-0.

We have already won 2 competitions this season with a 4-3 win in the European Super Cup over Spartak Moscow with Rieser scoring all 4. We also won the Club World Cup beating Sao Paulo 1-0 in the final.

Need a strong second half of the season, I think if it clicks we can do it. Just need to finish teams off!

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2032/33

I'm slightly dissapointed with this season. I thought this could be the season we really challenged for the title. We were never in contention for the title. We had the best defence in the league but we drew far too many games as we couldnt finish teams off. I'm having a tactical rethink for next season to hopefully bring more goals but keep our solid defence.

League Table

Past Positions

We had a inconsistant season. We dont lose many but we drew far too many! We only got into the Champions League places in the last 8 games of the season as we had games in hand on teams due to the Club World Cup. It always seems to be the same story as we get results against the top teams but get draws with the bottom clubs. We really need to be more clinical.

FA Cup - Took Man United to a replay in the 5th round but lost.

Capital One Cup - The reserves lost to Charlton in round 3 on penalties.

Champions League - Another struggle through the group stage. We were in 3rd going into our final game needing to beat Atletico Madrid at home in the final game to leapfrog them in the group. We won 4-0. We had simple games in the first knockout round and the quarter finals against Galataseray and M. Tel-Aviv who we beat 4-3 and 6-0 respectively. The semi final was a repeat of last years against Real Madrid but they got their revenge beating us 6-2 over the 2 legs.

European Super Cup - Winners. 4-3 victory with Rieser scoring all 4.

Club World Cup - Beat Ashanti Gold in the semi final 3-0 before a straight forward 1-0 victory over Sao Paulo in the final.

Squad - I've got a strong squad and I would struggle to improve it. Really should be challenging for the title.

Transfers (2) -My prospects played well when called upon. Rieser took a while to settle but went on a good goalscoring run towards the end of the season. I hope for more from him next season.

Finances - £16m loss.

Key Player Profiles:

Gerhard Rieser - Took a while to settle. 38 in 55. Needs more goals in the league!

Cristian Bozzo - Quite injury prone. 22 assists and 13 goals. Top player.

Ceser Leonel de la Torre - Club captain missed the run in injured. 15 assists.

Ivan Cereceda - So solid defensively. Helped us have best defence in the league.

Matias Blizzozero -15 assists and 18 goals. I'm going to try playing him deeper next season to help unlock more defences.

I really want to challenge for the title. I will look to find improvements for the team. I really want the title!

Career Overview

2025/26         Premier League        9th          Europa League and League Cup runners up
2027/28         Premier League        3rd          FA Cup runner up. CL Qtr finalist
2031/32         Premier League        2nd       Champions League and Community Shield winners
2032/33         Premier League        3rd          Super Cup and Club World Cup winners

Pre-Season 2033/34

Decided to keep the squad mostly the same as last season. I've brought in a new centre back to challenge Cereceda. He cost me £8.75m from West Ham and I think he will be a good signing. Also coming in was a 18 year old Mexican winger for £6.5m a deal which I arranged 2 years ago. The final signing was a 16 year old striker from Athletic Bilbao for the youth team. Outgoing was Avalos as I recouped £10m for him as he rarely played. Apart from that I loaned out my promising youth academy prospects.

I was trying a new formation in preseason but I wasnt that sure of it so I reverted back to last seasons formation. We won all our friendlies which included 3 games of a Chinese tour and then beating OGC Nice, Independiente and Havre AC.

I really want the title this year. No other aims.

Aims

Title Challenge

3rd Place finish is still good. Interesting to see Europe wins, Club World Cup, but the &%*# league title elusive...

I'm still happy with 3rd. Every season we finish in the Champions League spots is a good season. There always seems to be a team who gets off to a amazing start and we can never catch them.

Mid - Season Update 2033/34

League Table

Squad

I started the season with our formation of last season. We had a bad spell losing 3 in a row and I decided that would be a good time to change formation like I had originally planned in preseason. The change has worked well and we now play better football and we have been scoring alot more goals whilst staying solid defensively! We have had one of our best starts to a campaign but unfortunately Chelsea have been unreal.

For the 3rd season in a row the Champions League group stage went down to the final day. We needed a result against AC Milan to guarantee our progress and we got a good 1-1 draw to qualify as group winners.

My reserves have also surprised me this season as they have made the Capital One Cup semi final. I will continue to play them as they have got this far they deserve to carry on.

I hope we can continue to play our football at this level for the second half of the season any push Chelsea. It will need a massive slip up from Chelsea for us to win that elusive league title but we need to make sure were in a position to capitalise if they drop points.

In other news Gerhard Rieser and Cristian Bozzo came first and second in the World Golden Ball award!

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Finally! It has taken a while but we finally won the Premier League. We also won the Capital One Cup and beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League final to win a historic treble. In the end it came down to the decision to switch tactics early on as my new tactic gave the team more creative freedom and with that we scored more goals.

League Table

Past Positions

We started nicely but had a 3 game losing streak and at this point I changed tactics. We started to catch Chelsea and with 8 games to go we were even on points. I thought we had lost it when Chelsea beat us 2-0 but Chelsea then started to buckle under the pressure. As we kept winning they kept losing. We sealed it on the penultimate game of the season where we beat Manchester City and Chelsea lost to Charlton. They also lost their last game so it looked like we walked it but in reality it was alot closer.

FA Cup - 5th round defeat to Stoke. Dissapointed!

Capital One Cup - Played the reserves as usual but surprisingly they were winning games. They made their way to the final and I stuck with my reserves all the way. They beat Man City in the final on penalties and caused a massive upset!

Champions League - Yet again we struggled to progress from the group and left it to the last game. We had a nice run in the knockouts with big victories over Dortmund and Zenit before beating Inter Milan 5-2 over 2 legs in the semi final. The final itself was a classic and we beat Bayern 3-2 after extra time to cap off a fantastic season.

Squad - So pleased with my squad. World class players everywhere.

Transfers -Ortiz managed to kick Ceraceda out of my starting 11 and was outstanding all season. The others were all youngsters who didnt get much time to impress.

Finances - £16m loss again.

Key Player Profiles:

Gerhard Rieser - £45.5m well spent. 47 goals in 50 games. 32 in 35 in the league. World class.

Cristian Bozzo - Injury free season! scored 21 and set up 16. Amazing.

Ceser Leonel de la Torre - Replaced as club captain as had his best season. 19 assists and 15 goals.

Adel Nicolas - £19m rated left back. best season yet for the club.

Matias Blizzozero - My new club captain. 18 assists and 6 goals from a deeper position.

dafuge challenge completed!!

Career Overview

2031/32         Premier League        2nd       Champions League and Community Shield winners
2032/33         Premier League        3rd          Super Cup and Club World Cup winners
2033/34         Premier League        1st      Prem League, Champs League & League Cup winner

Great job on getting that treble. Now that you've finalled got that Premier League trophy and you've already won a treble, what are your targets going forward? I think it could be exciting to try and get a player from your academy to 1000 goals for the club. You will need a beast of a regen, but hey, it's been done before!

Great job on getting that treble. Now that you've finalled got that Premier League trophy and you've already won a treble, what are your targets going forward? I think it could be exciting to try and get a player from your academy to 1000 goals for the club. You will need a beast of a regen, but hey, it's been done before!

Thanks mate. I've got a few plans but I'm going to do a post later on to advise of my plans going forward :D

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Future Plans

After completing the first phase of this challenge which was to win the Premier League and the Champions League I will now be looking to dominate English and European football over the next 10-15 seasons.

The initial aim is to become the most successful English club in Champions League history. To achieve this we need to win another 3 Champions League titles. This should be fairly straight forward.

Hopefully we will be getting our second new stadium in the near future as we are approaching the 20 year mark already so that will increase our revenue massively.

The biggest aim is to try and bring players through my own youth academy to play for the first team with the eventual aim of going to a first team squad which is fully made up of youth academy graduates. I will not be going to a full youth rules only for a while but I will be looking to bring some of my youth academy players into the first team to get some experiance.

Congratulations on the EPL and UCL titles!!!!! Also what has happened to Newcastle, Liverpool, Tottenham, etc. Seem to be developing into swing clubs.

Good luck with developing the academy as well, will keep the challenge going long into the future.

Thanks buddy. Yeah the 3 teams you mentioned are very much yoyo clubs now. Newcastle and Tottenham have just been promoted back the the Premier League but Liverpool have gone the other way. It could be far worse for as Wigan have fallen to the Blue Square Premier and Sunderland have fallen further into the Blue Square North!

I've just managed to finally persuade the board to get my youth recruitment up to established so hopefully having this alongside my max youth level, facilites and junior coaching we will now be in a position to produce quality academy players and I can go youth only within the next 15 years as planned.

Sensational progress mate, Your plans look good

Thank you very much :D

Absolutely brilliant,well done on finally capturing the league title :D

Thanks buddy. :D

Nice work mate. Big time investment was worth it right? :D

Good to see Norwich and Forest back up there with you in the big time.

Thanks mate. Yeah the £45.5m on Rieser was definately worth it. Forest and Watford are very good sides now which makes this save even more fun. Lots of quality teams challenging for Europe.

Pre-Season 2034/35

After winning the Premier League, Champions League and Capital One Cup last year I wanted to keep the majority of my squad together to push on and try to dominate English football. I had to sell a few fringe players as contracts were expiring next summer and they would not resign so Al-Bloushi left for Fulham for £14m, Velez joined Man City for £13.5m and Osmar left for Arsenal for £15m. This gave some a healthy budget improve my squad. First I signed a young English goalkeeper from Leverkusen for £14m to challenge my current number 1. Also coming in was a world class defensive midfielder from Stuttgart for £18.5m. My other signings were all for the youth team. One of them is a 15 year old Croatian who looks to have amazing potential.

Preseason friendlies were not great. We beat Monaco, Wolfsburg and RB Leipzig but lost to Schalke and Werder Bremen. We played good football so I'm not that worried. We also managed to win the Community Shield after beating Man United on penalties.

I want the title again this year. Really want to make sure last year wasnt luck. If we can retain it hopefully we can start moving on with dominating English football.

Aims

Win The League

Win Champions League

Start producing youth players

I've decided that from now on I wont be doing any mid or pre season updates I want to process through seasons as fast as possible so I can then start moving towards my next goal of going to a team that is fully made up of players that come through my own youth academy.

I prefer monthly updates myself, but I can see why people opt against them.

I would prefer to do more updates but at the moment I want to concentrate on blasting through seasons. Sooner or later I will go back to 3 updates a season.

Well done on the challenge! You blew through those seasons!

Thanks buddy.

May i ask what tactics where you using during you Blue square days and League 2? I am doing a save with Guiseley but finding it really hard to get out of these divisions, any tips? Also great thread mate keep up the good work :)

I used a very basic rigid 442 all the way up to the Premier League. Most of those seasons were in the beta and the ME has been improved alot since then. My original tactics have not been effective ever since the updates. My biggest tips are that pace is king at lower level and keep it fairly simple at that level.

Archived