Modern Warfare 442

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-patch I was dominating most games and 2nd in the Championship.

5 games in and I've had several injuries, I've barely scored any goals, and I create very few chances. I've made a few little tweaks, all to no avail.

This is the 2nd time with FM13 that a working tactic has been scuppered with a new patch. I can't be bothered starting a career game for a 3rd time.

I think you're right Sherizan. I tried a few tweaks last night and did not have any joy. I kept re-loading a home match (against Hull City) with slight variations. I had games where I did not register a shot on target! There was even one game where neither side registered a shot on target! This tactic played some lovely stuff pre-patch.

Re: Injuries - I found that most injuries seem to happen to midfielders. All my starting XI werely fully match fit but I was rarely able to finish a game without at least one injury. I'm not sure if the tactic asks too much of the midfield?

It's a shame you can't choose which patch you want to play with. Although the ME with this patch looks better. It's just a shame that this tactic may have been made redundant.

OK it might be too early to say this but i think i found it. I am half way thru the season with spurs and I have yet to lose.

I adopted the same approach and completely revamp the whole Team and Player Instructions while keeping the same shape and strategy from Modern Warfare.

ill PM u the link.

It's a shame you can't choose which patch you want to play with. Although the ME with this patch looks better. It's just a shame that this tactic may have been made redundant.

I just have a feeling the patch stopped MW442 from working because it was just too good of a tactic for any sides and it became boring after knowing that you just kept winning :D

OK it might be too early to say this but i think i found it. I am half way thru the season with spurs and I have yet to lose.

I adopted the same approach and completely revamp the whole Team and Player Instructions while keeping the same shape and strategy from Modern Warfare.

ill PM u the link.

Please PM me the link. Struggling a lot here atm.......

ill PM u the link.

Please upload your version.

ill PM u the link.

Please, please :D

ill PM u the link.

Please PM me the link. :D

ill PM u the link.

Please PM me the link

http://www.footymanager.net/modules/tactic/tactics_view/2

if ur winning your friendlies, u should be safe. the new ME is killing me!

this is the best i can do but still nothing close to the compactness of Modern Warfare :(

I got goals from corners, and ML is dribbling straight to the defence :D

PLEASE tell me how it is. if its 100% success i will create a new thread.

this is the best i can do but still nothing close to the compactness of Modern Warfare :(

Prep général and prep match?

What shouts are you using with your tweak?

CHANGE LIST 13.2.1 (ME 1325)

- Further refined engagement of ball player

- Toned down speed players can run with ball a little

- Slight toning down of run with ball probability

- Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further

These changes should help to fix the following issues;

- Players dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily, too often

- High number of goals per game

- Teams winning games by margins of 5+ goals far too often

oh bummer..

Hi Sherizan

I like the tactic. My Forest team have been playing some decent stuff. I've found that dropping the defensive line a little deeper helps.

Pre-patch my league results were played 13, won 8, drew 3, lost 2, scored 22, conceded 11;

With the new tactic my league results are played 14, won 8, drew 3, lost 3, scored 30, conceded 19.

With the new tactic I tried letting my assistant manager take over the training. It had the effect of reducing injuries. However, he selected attacking set pieces as the default tactic and then chose the default tactic for every match. It coincided with a dip in form so I have since retaken control of training.

I've had a few games where I've dominated but not won. However, I think that's more because my keeper has made an error, or my strikers have missed some very good chances.

MW442 definitely still working for me...just won the league with Napoli is season 2022/23 - this was my first full season and I won it on the last day, my Napoli side were certainly not the best and shouldn't have won the league really.

The season before that was when I joined Napoli (end of October) where they were 11th in the league...we ended up second and I won the Italian Cup and the Europa League...this is all on the latest patch, I haven't changed anything at all with the tactic or training since I started using MW442 since it came out.

Hi Sherizan

I like the tactic. My Forest team have been playing some decent stuff. I've found that dropping the defensive line a little deeper helps.

Pre-patch my league results were played 13, won 8, drew 3, lost 2, scored 22, conceded 11;

With the new tactic my league results are played 14, won 8, drew 3, lost 3, scored 30, conceded 19.

With the new tactic I tried letting my assistant manager take over the training. It had the effect of reducing injuries. However, he selected attacking set pieces as the default tactic and then chose the default tactic for every match. It coincided with a dip in form so I have since retaken control of training.

I've had a few games where I've dominated but not won. However, I think that's more because my keeper has made an error, or my strikers have missed some very good chances.

Well done Andy, its great you have adjusted to suit your team. And that is what its all about. There's too many factors to be having just one end-result for this tactic. So many things are connected to each other. I got QPR into Europe this season. And next, UCL will be mine! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still working for anybody after the latest patch update? I have found that it can be a little inconsistent and the defense is a little bit leaky

Weaker for me. Away form since patch has been erratic. Can beat Man Utd 2-1 one match and lost 3-0 to Aston Villa the next match

Before the latest patch I was sitting nicely at the top of the Championship with my Sheffield United team in my third season... since the latest patch, I have lost 5-0 three games running... gonna have to make some changes I think because the ME is tearing it apart.

Before the latest patch I was sitting nicely at the top of the Championship with my Sheffield United team in my third season... since the latest patch, I have lost 5-0 three games running... gonna have to make some changes I think because the ME is tearing it apart.

Change marking to zonal. Helped me

I'm totally bossing it now, won the last 15 matches of the season to give Celtic a fright in the SPL. Changed to Overload against teams I was clear favourite for and using the recommended shouts. I also changed Defensive line to default and let my philosophy dictate it. Worked a treat and looking forward to the new season.

Great tactic!

its seen modern warfare is back with a bang in the latest patch. I just changed the marking to zonal and moved the defensive slider to default and been smashing everyone with

everton who i took over when they were in the championship. just been promoted with 105 pts.

its seen modern warfare is back with a bang in the latest patch. I just changed the marking to zonal and moved the defensive slider to default and been smashing everyone with

everton who i took over when they were in the championship. just been promoted with 105 pts.

can u say it again? U did change marking to zonal from team's settings, and defensive line slider to mid??

Do you just set marking to zonal in team settings, or do you set all the players to zonal, because the full backs and centre mids are manually set to man mark which does not change when you change to zonal in team settings. Also as said previously, when you say you changed defensive slider to default, do you mean you set defensive line to the middle, or do you mean you unticked it so it changes depending on philosophy? because there is a big difference.

Archived