FM13 - The hunt for the old lady

Muggert

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to find a league that allows more than five foreigners as well.. I used all of my money on a couple of good argentinians and then found out I could only use 5 foreigners in the match day squad ... Next time I'll read the league rules first ;-)

Update:

I've applied for all top division clubs the last 1½ season. I've just gotten my first offer. Olympiakos Volou 1937, however they're already relegated. I'm not interested as I do not believe they have what it takes to go back up. I'm expanding my job search. If I have to go through a second-tier league I will. It's starting to itch. I can't take being without a job much longer.

Stop 6 - 2021/22 - Sparta Rotterdam

Finally it's time to get into football again. I rejected a job offer from greek Veroia because of the economy. Also a small turkish team wanted me but I've had enough of Turkish chairmans.

I end up choosing Sparta Rotterdam. They have a nice base to build around and I see them as a quick way to getting succes. I believe I can get them promoted the first season. They ended up 3rd last season.

job.jpg

logo.gif

stadium.jpg

Sparta Rotterdam has won 6 championships. But they have only won it one time within the last 100 years. Time to bring back the glory. Or at least to return them to the best league in the country.

Update:

After finishing 4th and being under pressure all season, we loose in the promotion playoffs.

I tell the squad that we had failed our goal and tell them I'm going to quit. Once i get out of the room the chairman is right there. I see it's not my choice. Yet another hit to my reputation. Let's see where I'm heading next.

Although I finished the season no season update will be available because of my sacking

Stop 7 - 2022/23 - TKi Tavsanli Linyitspor

It's time get down and dirty. I quickly reject a couple of financially troubled clubs. I have unfinished business in turkey. After getting sacked in Besiktas I got an offer from TKi Tavsanli Linyitspor. At the time it had no interest.

Now... They approach me again. I need to find success somewhere. I believe I can build a team to get promoted within 2 seasons, and they really want me here. It's the same chairman. A local businessman that seem kind of mob-like. But hey... I intend to be on his good side.

I don't know what to say about the stadium. It looks like they wanted to build a giant stadium but ran out of funds after the first part. This is gonna be interesting. They ended up 13th last season. I guess I can't make things worse.

job.jpg

logo.jpg

stadium.jpg

The club has never won anything. And won't win anything with the current team. Most of the players are old. I have a chance to build my own squad here.

Let's get it on!

Update:

After a very good start to the season we're well above expectations in the league. We're placed on the 9th place after 16 games and still have a decent shot at promotion playoffs.

But.. The most iteresting thing happened in the cup.

besiktas.jpg

Of course we're huge underdogs... But wouldn't it be sweet ? One thing is certain. This is one cup game I'm not using reserves in :-)

THE HUNT FOR THE OLD LADY

logo.jpg

Stop 7 - TKi Tavsanli Linyitspor - 2022/23 - Turkish First Division

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 10th

Austrian Cup: 5th Qual. Rnd loss to Besiktas. Game ended 4-1

Best result: 1-0 home win against Karsiyaka

Worst result: 1-0 loss home to Caykur Rizespor

Top goalscorer: 5 players on 6 goals

Most assists: Serdar Gökkaya, 8 (7 in the League)

Highest Average rating: Luca Offredi, 7.23 (7.29 in the League)

2022-23 Season Review:

We started off with a running start. 3 victories in as many games got us the advantage we needed. We strengthened the squad throughout the season. We struggled against opponents were we had to control the game. We had a good run in the cup as well. Untill we lost to Besiktas %¤#%¤#&.

Player of the season:

Luca Offredi - DM/M C - Bosses the midfield in all games.

Other notable players:

Ilhan Usak - D C - Played above expectations.

Petrolina - D/WB L - Cafu revised. Turkish first division style.

Alican Karadas - M C - Played good when healthy. Needs to be replaced to strengthen the team though

2023-24 Season Preview:

We got a couple of players coming in. If we get 3-4 starters more. We're aiming for promotion.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Countries removed: None

Countries added: None

Current leagues: Austria, Romania, Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Switzerland, Turkey + Italy(Background), England(Background), Spain(Background)

Update:

After a change in formations in mid-season we've enjoyed a great spell of success. We were tipped to end up 12th. But by changing to a 3-man defense oru defensive recrd have been impressive. Conceding only 8 in 17 games.

positions.jpg

We're 14-3-1 after the change and we're favourites going into the promotions playoffs, but a couple of our attackers are injured. Let's see how it goes.

Update:

People said I wasn't a top manager. They said I was the wrong manager for the club. Heck. They said I was the wrong man for any club. Honestly I doubted my managerial abilities myself after the last couple of club failures.

Now.. Today.. I proved them wrong. I proved myself wrong.

promotion-1.jpg

logo.jpg

Stop 7 - TKi Tavsanli Linyitspor - 2023/24 - Turkish First Division

Final position: 3rd - Promotion via playoffs

Turkish Cup: 2nd Qual. Rnd loss to Denizlispor. Game ended 1-2

Best result: 7-1 home win against A. Selcukluspor

Worst result: 1-2 loss home to Denizlispor

Top goalscorer: Nadir Ciftci, 15 (15 in the league)

Most assists: Nadir Ciftci, 11 (11 in the League)

Highest Average rating: Ahmet Yetin, 7.47 (7.47 in the League)

2023-24 Season Review:

We had a decent start to the season as we we're placed in the middle of the league. We then got knocket out of the cup and had some weak results. Then it was time to try something new. I created a new tactic for the team and the rest is history. For the first 7 games with the new tactics we didn't concede a goal. In the end we got the needed wins in playoffs and we're off to the big leagues :-)

Player of the season:

Luca Offredi - DM/M C - Instrumental in our way of play. The Pirlo of the team.

Other notable players:

Ilhan Usak - D C - Yet another strong season from the young guy.

Hrvje Simunovic - M C - Destined for great things. Hopefully with this club.

Ahmet Yetin - AM L / ST - Had a great partnership with Ciftci. Injured in the playoff games.

2024-25 Season Preview:

It's all about survival. We have already signed a star centreback from Congo. I believe we can survive with a couple of additions.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Current leagues: Austria, Romania, Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Switzerland, Turkey + Italy(Background), England(Background), Spain(Background)

Update:

I've started the new season very well. After 13 games I'm placed 5th. I hate the foreign rules though. I have difficulties finding quality Turkish players that want to play for my team. If we slip into midtable I might consider leaving due to the foreign rules.

besiktas.jpg

Aaaahhh.. The sweet revenge :-)

Update:

I have gotten a job offer from Metallist Kharkiv. One of the big clubs in Ukraine. They have an excellent youth and training setup and have a wage budget 3 times the one I've got in Tavsanli.

I spent a couple of sleepless nights. I'm currently 3rd in the Turkish Premier Division. Yes you heard me right, 3rd. With 8 games to go I've gotten a great opportunity to go into europe. The finances are looking very good too. But... Aren't I already overperforming? Do I have a shot at the championship in a couple of years? I think not. Not with these stupid foreign player rules :-)

metalist.jpg

I decide to ask Metalist to wait untill the end of the season. I need this accomplishment for myself. I need to qualify Tavsanli for europe. That would be my biggest achievement of my career

tough call but i think i agree with what you have done. Best to get that European Qualification on your CV. good luck getting it.

Looks like Metalist is prepared to wait for me... Unfortunately we've entered a dry spell late in the season... Currently hanging onto the euro league position with our fingertips...

logo.jpg

Stop 7 - TKi Tavsanli Linyitspor - 2024/25 - Turkish Premier Division

Final position: 5th - Qualified for Euro League

Turkish Cup: 4th place in Group B

Best result: 2-1 home win against Besiktas (Muhahahaha)

Worst result: 0-1 loss home to Kasimpasa

Top goalscorer: Julio Cezar, 15 (12 in the league)

Most assists: 4 players on 8

Highest Average rating: Nzelo Mata Sukami, 7.71 (7.59 in the League)

2024-25 Season Review:

What a great season. Never lower than 8th place and as high as 3rd. The guys have done brilliantly. Even through times with injuries the young guys stepped in and performed above all expectations. We're into europe!

Player of the season:

Nzelo Mata Sukami - D C - A monster in defense.

Other notable players:

Eser Dogan - D C - One of the promising players on the team.

Hrvje Simunovic - M C - Just keeps evolving. A great asset to the team.

Julio Cezar - ST - How could this guy not get a better club?

2024-25 Season Preview:

We're into europe. Woohoo. Although I think I'm gonna head for Ukraine as Metalist are waiting in the wings.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Countries removed: Belgium & Switzerland

Countries added: Russia & Portugal

Current leagues: Greece, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Turkey & Ukraine + Italy(Background), England(Background), Spain(Background)

Did you asked for youth facilities upgrade ?

Did you think you could include facilities and stadium screenshots at the end of season update also ?

I've just started the second upgrade on both Youth and Training facilities. Also the stadium have been upgraded. I'll include a facilities view to my EOS reports :-)

Currently:

Stadium: 10.000 / Good

Training: Basic

Youth: Basic

Junior Coaching: Average

Youth Recruitment: Basic

Update:

So... 9 games into the new season. Our new signings have been doing well. We're currently in 8th place.

2027.jpg

After regretting not taking the metalist job I get offered another interesting job. After considering for a couple of days I take it.

I have had a great time in Tavsanli, but the foreign player rules and our limited budget makes me feel like I have achieved what I can at this club. Still I will rmember this club as the club that got me back on track.

I will announce my new club shortly.

Stop 8 - 2025/26 - FC Rostov

job.jpg

Mr. Bandini is going to Russia. A sligthly better league than the Turkish. Of course their foreign players rules are a little more liberal. The budget I have gotten is 2,5 times higher than in Tavsanli.

The team actually have a couple of very talented players in the squad. They're struggling and have lost the last 4 games. But hey.. That's about to change... right?

logo.jpg

stadium.jpg

Let's get it on!

@animosama - thanks!

@Nobby - yeah... Although they actually have a new stadium ingame with 40.000 seats... But cant find a picture of that now can i :-)

@rlipscombe - it's always difficult to select the right moment... I just couldnt get enough quality turkish players... I spent three years and had a promotion and a euro league qual.... I'm sure I couldnt top that within the next three years... And then it was goodbye...

logo.jpg

Stop 8 - FC Rostov - 2025/26 - Russian Premier Division

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Facilities

Final position: 10th

Russian Cup: 2-0 Quarterfinal loss away to Dinamo Moscow

Best result: 2-0 away win against Dinamo Moscow

Worst result: 0-2 loss home to Alania

Top goalscorer: Vasily Gerasimov, 9 (6 in the league)

Most assists: Roman Roskita, 5 (5 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Anatoly Arefjevs, 7.21 (7.24 in the League)

2025-26 Season Review:

We started off in a mess. We were occupying relegation spot ocne I took over and slowly towards the end of the season, we climbed out and ended up 10th.

Player of the season:

Anatoly Arefjevs - D C - My first signing. What a great talent.

Other notable players:

Gonzalo Cordoba - M C - An important part of the team.

Avella Ntuli - M/AM C - Another of my signings. Will become vital to future success.

Oleg Mal'kov - AM R / ST - Was here when I came. A real hard-working attacker.

20254-26 Season Preview:

Hmm... I don't feel comfortable here. All the other teams have great finances and I'm starting to wonder if this was the wrong choice. I have signed some very talented young guns, so I'm optimistic about climbing further up in the new season. But how far away is europe? 1-3 years? Let's see. It just happens that Metalist is without a manager once again. I'll keep my eyes open for now.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Current leagues: Greece, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Turkey & Ukraine + Italy(Background), England(Background), Spain(Background)

Archived