FM13 - The hunt for the old lady

Muggert

Stop 9 - 2026/27 - Metalist Karkhiv

job.jpg

Uh oh... 9th club of my career. I turned down Metalist once and have regretted it since. They were back and I didn't hesitate this time.

logo.gif

With a stadium and facilities like this I simply couldn't say no!

stadium.jpg

facilities.jpg

Let's get it on!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

I've signed some very promising players and I'm really looking forward to the seson to start. I'm at max allowed 7 foreigners in the starting lineup and it seems like Shakthar have all the best in Ukraine. Time to shift that balance of power!

My depth in Ukranians is pretty good though. It's just that they are not star players.

HOF Update:

It's five years since I left Sparta. Unfortunately I have not found any players worthy of the HOF from this stint.

However, I found something interesting in Besiktas. Since I have not played with this guy, he's not entering the HOF. But I will still take the credit of finding him. I signed him for 700K once I was at Besiktas. He couldn't move to the club before he was 18 though. And as you all know I was fired a long time before that.

Emre Sarac

Update:

Damn Shakthar are strong. They've amasses 32 points in 12 games. I'm in the hunt with 27. My only loss came 2-1 away to Shakthar.

We've gotten a good start to our european adventure with victories over Besiktas(muhahaha) and Rangers, and a real beating by Stuttgart.

We're just waiting for Shakthar to slip up a couple of times.

Update:

Five games played in the Euro Cup. I'm second in group H. We have 7 points. So does Besiktas at 3rd.

So we travel to Istanbul in the hopes of ending Besiktas' european campaign. A draw or a win will settle it in our favour.

Update:

race.jpg

Things are pretty close here in the top of the table.

Next up..

Metalist v Shakthar

The winner here will take a big step towards the championship.

Then...

Dynamo Kyiv v Metalist

All within one very important week.

On another note we lost 6-0 on aggregate to Chelsea in the Euro Cup.

Update:

shakthar.jpg

kyiv.jpg

We're 13 point ahead of Kyiv at 3rd and 3 points behind Shakthar.

The top teams we have left on the schedule are all at home. Our focus switches to the cup unless Shakthar slips up within the next two games

THE HUNT FOR THE OLD LADY

logo.gif

Stop 9 - Metalist Kharkiv - 2026/27 - Ukrainan Premier League

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Facilities

Final position: 2nd

Ukrainian Cup: Penalty semifinal loss away to Obolon. Game ended 2-2

Euro Cup: First round knockout loss to Chelsea. 6-0 on aggregate

Best result: 7-1 home win against Chernomorets

Worst result: 2-3 loss away to Stal Alchevsk

Top goalscorer: Henry Salami, 23 (20 in the league)

Most assists: Stanislav Karataev, 13 (10 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Serge Ngambi, 7.46 (7.59 in the League)

2026-27 Season Review:

A pretty good starting season. I like to think It was us that pressured Shakthar into a record 79 points. We are satisfied with getting the points we got as we would have won more points than the team ever has before. Our european adventure finished in the knockout round as Chelsea(who were one of many great teams in the Euro cup) won 6-0 on aggreagte. In the cup. We lost in the semifinal to Obolon... Just awful...

Player of the season:

Henry Salami - AM L / ST - Caught my eye en Rostov. Great season by him.

Other notable players:

Serge Ngambi - D C - Signed halfway through the season for only 700K

Brinquedo - M/AM LC - Started as a backup, earned a regular starting spot.

Yuriy Andrievskyi - ST - The assistant manager wanted him out. I disagreed. A Monster in the air.

2027-28 Season Preview:

With a couple of players coming in we could challenge Shakthar even further. I believe we can win the championship next season. The Champions League is only a bonus this year. In addition we will want to win the cup. However if the league is close come summer, we will sacrifice the cup. If I do not win a trophy I'll consider my future here.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Countries removed: Greece, Turkey, Holland, Russia

Countries added: England, France, Italy, Spain

Current leagues: England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain & Ukraine

Update:

Once I get to Juve to lead them to glory. It will be tough.

A danish sugar daddy just took over at Milan, and at the moment a british sugar daddy is trying to buy Palermo.

Palermo might be a fun place to manage if things go through ;-)

Update:

Milan taken over by a danish tycoon. Reportedly making 80 million pounds available.

Palermo taken over by a british tycoon. Reportedly making 67 million pounds available.

And if things weren't weird enough... This happens

berlusconi.jpg

A Berlusconi in charge of Inter?!

Update:

WTF?! 3 takeovers in Serie A in 14 days?

Udinese taken over by an Italian tycoon. He's looking to invest 41 million into new players.

Looks like 2 of them was Consortiums... But still :-)

Update:

I have just been invited to a meeting with the president of Ukraine.

I think he wants to congratulate me with qualifying to the champions league. Not because of the achievement itself, but because I knocked out Spartak Moscow in the process.

My champions league group consists of Dortmund, Juventus and Anji

Please can you upload the save game file so I can download it? I can't gt a save game going

Yes.. But it wont be untill wednesday.... But if I remember it then I'll upload it then...

Milan has a sugar daddy.... Could interest some others ;-)

I think you made the right decision to stay.
Think it's better to stay at Metalist, right decision. More of a challenge that may have got a bit bored if you had the deep pockets of Shakhtar.
good to see you turn down Shakhtar... A lot to achieve still with Metalist...

Glad you agree :-)

THE HUNT FOR THE OLD LADY

logo.gif

Stop 9 - Metalist Kharkiv - 2027/28 - Ukrainan Premier League

Squad - Table - Transfers - Finances - Facilities

Final position: Champions!

Ukrainian Cup: Final loss, 1-0 to Shakthar

Champions League: 3rd in the group stage

Euro Cup: Second round knockout loss to HSV. 3-5 on aggregate

Best result: 3-0 away win against Anji

Worst result: 1-5 loss away to Dortmund

Top goalscorer: Borislav Koychev, 36 (31 in the league)

Most assists: Sergei Rudenko, 21 (14 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Serge Ngambi, 7.73 (7.80 in the League)

2027-28 Season Review:

The difference in the league came from our two wins against Shakthar. Before the season they lost their manager and the new tactic was easier to break down. In Europe we knocked out three different Russian team. We knocked out Spartak Moscow in the champions league qualification. In the group stage we sent Anji out and in the Euro cup we sent out Locomotive Moscow

Player of the season:

Serge Ngambi - D C - Just keeps on performing.

Other notable players:

Sergiy Rudenko - M/AM RC - Signed because he was ukrainian. Sure paid off big time

Brinquedo - M/AM LC - Yet another strong season by the Bosnian playmaker.

Borislav Koychev - AM L / ST - WOW... Quite simply!

2028-29 Season Preview:

I have some good youngsters coming through and I hope I can implement them into the team this year. We could retain the championship, and qualify for the knockout stages of the champions league. Actually a cup win would be nice too. But..... If the right offer comes along.. It might be time to step into one of the top leagues.

History:

See second post.

League Changes:

Countries removed: None

Countries added: None

Current leagues: England, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain & Ukraine

Update:

lille.jpg

Lille ended up third in Ligue 1 last season. They have a hefty wage budget but their finances arent great. Could be a great way into the big leagues though.

I'm gonna sleep on it.... And decide in the morning :-)

Stop 10 - 2028/29 - LOSC Lille

job.jpg

Coming to a champions league team in france was too good an offer to turn down. The finances are tight but we have a huge wage budget.

logo.jpg

They want me to focus on youth. And I have the facilities to do so.

stadium.jpg

facilities.jpg

Let's get it on!

Update:

God damnit.. I feel lied to... The chairman said the finances are ok.

Looking through the paperwork it shows the club is 17 million pounds in the red.

This wasn't what I was promised. This might be a short stint.

Update:

chl.jpg

Despite loosing 1-0 in the first game and getting reduced to 10 men within half an hour. We're through to the group stage. After playing a 3-5-1 the last couple of clubs, I'm trying to get the most out of my world class fullbacks here at the club.

BREAKING NEWS:

We've had a pretty good start in the League lying 6th after 6 games. Considering I'm reshaping the formation and the tactics I'm pretty happy with that. We've qualified to the Champions League and drew 2-2 against Chelsea in the first game.

But.....

This is gonna be the shortest stint in my career. The finances are really cribbling us. I had planned to give it at least a season and se how it went. However... After 2 months in Lille I get a job offer that is too good to refuse.

During the summer I had applied for this club before Lille approached me. The chairman laughed off the interest from me. But now he's back and I accept immediatly.

Stop 11 - 2028/29 - Liverpool

job.jpg

In my situation I feel bad for leaving Lille after only two months but I'm sure the fans will understand my decision. I mean.. How could anyone turn down a chance to manage at Anfield?

Liverpool want me to focus on attacking football and creating stars from their youth academy. Their facilities aren't world class but I'll start expanding them at the earliest opportunity. The transfer window is closed so I could use some of my transfer budget on improving our facilities.

logo.jpg

stadium.jpg

facilities.jpg

Liverpool won the Premier League in 22/23 but that's the only league win they've had the last 15 years. Chance to change that.

I get reunited with Dean Callaghan who I signed in Admira Wacker Mödling and who's in my HOF.

The goal this season is champions league qualification. And then build towards becoming champions next season.

Archived