second team won.....first team lost :/

So I was playing this afternoon and something happened that was very annoying, and some may call me a cheat but I think I am justified.....

I am top of the Prem with Liverpool and came up against Blackburn, who are currently 15th. I had an important game against Arsenal coming up so I rested my entire starting 10 outfield players, opting for 10 2nd choice players. Many of these are full internationals, or good up and coming youngsters, so i thought it would be safe. And I was right, we won 4-1!

HOWEVER

When I continued the game, just as it was moving on to the next day, the game totally froze and I had to restart my laptop, coming back to just before this Blackburn match.

I realized that the match against Arsenal was a full week away, not just a few days, so I could play my first choice. Thinking, I had walked it with the 2nd choice players, the first team should have no problem, I put them all in and played the match for a second time. We lost 0-1. ARRRG! Annoying right?

As I felt I had won this game already and that it was the fault of my old laptop, not mine, that had cost me the win, I quit restarted and played again, winning 3-1.

Do people think I was right to do this? Am I a cheat? Should I just have sucked it up and taken the loss?

The fact you're asking shows you feel some guilt. Personally, I'd have just played on with the loss. I have done so before in one of my saves. I won originally only for a fault with the game freezing and I had to replay the game. I lost the game but that's life. This was an important match for me as it was the semi-final of the domestic cup. It took me another 10 or so seasons to finally win the domestic cup.

If you lost the match in the first place, and won when you restarted, would you then restart again? If not, i consider it cheating. You give your self a small edge that is not supposed to be part of the game.

In my view, if the game crashes, everything that has happened that is not saved end up in a different timeline that is continuing without me.

If you lost the match in the first place, and won when you restarted, would you then restart again? If not, i consider it cheating. You give your self a small edge that is not supposed to be part of the game.

In my view, if the game crashes, everything that has happened that is not saved end up in a different timeline that is continuing without me.

Wow so there must be alternate timelines and parallel universes of different game saves that have crashed.

Do you think one of them is an 'evil universe' where North Korea have started a nuclear war that has turned the UK into a post-apocalyptic waist land. George W. Bush has been reinstated as President of the USA where the possession oil is so sacred it has to be decided in a 'Two men enter, one man leaves' Thunderdome .....

....Also Man Untd have won the treble.

Archived