Desparately need a new stadium..........

I'm in 2035 with Grimsby Town, i've took them to numberous champions league, premiership, world club championships titles and won just about everything on the game, my players are all among the best in the world, i get a £150m transter budget every season, are the highest value club in the world, yet i've only got a 35,140 seater stadium, and there is no option to expand it anymore or build a new one. Surely i need a bigger stadium, i sell out nearly every game, attendance is someting like 98%

some stadiums cant be expanded others can, depends on the council planning permission, also even thou u would think 35k is quite small for the biggest club in the world, your city might be quite small and the board dont see a point in improving it.

I'm dominating with Arsenal, am the richest most reputable club in the world, sell just under 50,000 season tickets every year for the 60,000 capacity Emirates, every competitive home game is a sell-out and my board refuse to build me a new stadium. I'm 1.5m under my wage budget and have very tight control but even winning more or less everything every year the bank balance at the start of every season is just treading water at about 400-450m depending on transfers. They refuse it on the grounds they don't see the fanbase increasing, so any tips on getting them to give in? I'll still dominate without it, but I want the achievement and they'd probably name it after me which would be nice.

I'm dominating with Arsenal, am the richest most reputable club in the world, sell just under 50,000 season tickets every year for the 60,000 capacity Emirates, every competitive home game is a sell-out and my board refuse to build me a new stadium. I'm 1.5m under my wage budget and have very tight control but even winning more or less everything every year the bank balance at the start of every season is just treading water at about 400-450m depending on transfers. They refuse it on the grounds they don't see the fanbase increasing, so any tips on getting them to give in? I'll still dominate without it, but I want the achievement and they'd probably name it after me which would be nice.

Oh, for the one thing board doesnt see fanbase increasing in the future coz they know its Arsenal :D.

jokes apart, when you have 450 million in cash why do you want to expand ?

Grimsby and Cleethorpes don't have high populations. According to Wikipedia, the two towns have around 120,000 people combined. You won't draw massive crowds due to the relatively low population.

Hmmm. Don't you think people may travel a couple of miles down the road to watch the best club in the world? That's like saying Man U don't need a 70000 seater stadium because Salford is not that big a place....

Oh, for the one thing board doesnt see fanbase increasing in the future coz they know its Arsenal :D.

jokes apart, when you have 450 million in cash why do you want to expand ?

Because I'm 1.5m under my wage budget and have to win everything just to maintain that balance. Being the biggest club in the country I just want the biggest ground.

Hmmm. Don't you think people may travel a couple of miles down the road to watch the best club in the world? That's like saying Man U don't need a 70000 seater stadium because Salford is not that big a place....

Yes, but the nearest towns/cities of a decent size are Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Hull, all of whom have their own teams. Skegness is the biggest place in the locality that does not have a football team of any real note and their population is less than 20,000. All other places are small towns and villages, therefore will not have big populations.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I currently have GTFC in 2039-40 with a 72,000 seater.

I had a new 30,000 stadium built in 2018 but found out about the 20 year rule so decided to go on long term holiday. I returned in the 2037-38 season to find that the board had ok'd a 72,000 seater. We moved in at the end of the 2038-39 season.

My advice: Go on holiday til 20 seasons after your last stadium was built (it's really easy to set in the options), if the club haven't already put in motion plans for a new stadium it should be an option to ask them. It's a pain as you get the club back but all the staff will have changed.

(I quit GTFC before I went on holiday so the club hired a top rated manager whilst I was on holiday. I had to create a new player to manage the club and quit, allowing my initial character with high reputation to simply walk into the vacant managerial job).

ps the ground is almost always a sell-out so far. I'm hoping expansion options will be available soon

Yes, but the nearest towns/cities of a decent size are Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Hull, all of whom have their own teams. Skegness is the biggest place in the locality that does not have a football team of any real note and their population is less than 20,000. All other places are small towns and villages, therefore will not have big populations.

Whilst I think you generally have something of a point, I think IRL regular fans would be attracted from Sheffield, Leeds and even Nottingham to watch the biggest team in the world, as well as day trippers from all over the world.

Grimsby and Cleethorpes don't have high populations. According to Wikipedia, the two towns have around 120,000 people combined. You won't draw massive crowds due to the relatively low population.

There might be a bit of truth in that for real life football, but it isn't the case in FM.

Here's my 131345 capacity stadium built in Tandragee, a village with a population of around 3050 :D

I'm in 2035 with Grimsby Town, i've took them to numberous champions league, premiership, world club championships titles and won just about everything on the game, my players are all among the best in the world, i get a £150m transter budget every season, are the highest value club in the world, yet i've only got a 35,140 seater stadium, and there is no option to expand it anymore or build a new one. Surely i need a bigger stadium, i sell out nearly every game, attendance is someting like 98%
Have you had a new stadium already?
Ah, yes, totally forgot about that! it was built in 2021 (about 3 months gameplay ago!) but surely i should be able to expand it?

Seriously I think the bold bit is enough to say a stadium had already been built!

what does the stadium have a capital D and your name has a small d?

Is the small d name just a nickname you set for the purposes of the screenshot?

I always use a nickname, to give myself a single name instead of two. The stadium always gets named with a capital letter despite my name never having one (I've had a fair few stadia named after me over the years).

I'm at a stage where we are now challenging in the top 5 of the Premier League as Boston (2032/33), but our stadium only holds 23,000 so the bank balance is hugely negative. We also seem to finish 5th/6th each season, so miss out on the Champions League revenue (have had 3 seasons in it, winning it once!), but do well in the Europa League (in our 6th campaign, won it once - last season, scoing 84 goals)

I did have approval to expand the stadium at the start of the previous season, but then by the time it came to start the expansion, we'd run out of money.

We are losing money, due to lack of seats - but cannot expand due to lack of money.

There might be a bit of truth in that for real life football, but it isn't the case in FM.

Here's my 131345 capacity stadium built in Tandragee, a village with a population of around 3050 :D

Just wondering (sorry for offtopic): did you play each and every season in that save yourself or did you holiday a part of it? If you played it all yourself: holy cow o,0

Just wondering (sorry for offtopic): did you play each and every season in that save yourself or did you holiday a part of it? If you played it all yourself: holy cow o,0
I played all of it, I only play one save game with each version.

some stadiums cant be expanded others can, depends on the council planning permission, also even thou u would think 35k is quite small for the biggest club in the world, your city might be quite small and the board dont see a point in improving it.

His town might be small but if he is winning leagues and champions league you would think his international fanbase would improve and he would become a tourist club.

Archived