Is it worth using player created transfer updated databases?

makkaveli7

I'm about to start a EPL career mode. The game (obviously) feels a little out of date now, with all the managerial changes and transfers since the end of the season. I'm considering using "Pro's" August 1st transfer update. I've never used a user created update before... How do people find them? Do errors, inconsistencies usually pop up after a few months, seasons?

I don't want to get years down the road and find the game has become unstable, error ridden or that the 'game world' isn't quite right. What's peoples views on them? Are they usually very accurate? Are they seen in a good light? Or bad? Would it be better just to start with the official January update and try to swallow my OCD when it comes to things not being 'up-to-date? (I'm aware that things wouldn't be realistic as such because 2013 squads wouldn't match July 2012 anyway) Do any on here use the updates?

How do others play the game when a new season is on the horizon, and things have become dated?

Thanks.

All they are doing is moving players around in the database using the Data Editor in line with what's going on in the real football world. Whether you like them or not is all personal preference. Personally, I love them, as, like you, I want to have things up to date. You'll just have to try them out. I prefer FM Weegie's update, but again, that's up to you to find which one suits you best.

I would be surprised if you encountered any game-ending errors, but as the core data has been edited, there is always an element of risk, albeit rather small, I would imagine.

Weegie one is just players moved etc so should be fine, without touching abilities and other factors. The others change more, like CA, PA and adding wonderkids so they will change some things more from the default SI database.

Archived