What players do you think should have dramatically improved stats this year compared to FM13?

Hi guys, just a quick thought, is there any players that you think should have dramatically improved stats compared to FM13? For me a few guys spring to mind such as Sturridge and Welbeck who both really came on leaps and bounds last season. I also think Zaha's stats were particularly poor on FM13 so I think those could well improve. Carrick and Cleverley were also much better last season than in previous years.

Is there any players at your clubs who had a stand out season last year whose stats you think should be boosted? Answers on a postcard please!

Most of Bury's new signings. (about 22 of the 24). Mostly terrible this year having searched for them, but we ain't doing too badly with them this season, so I hope the FM boys will react accordingly. Although i'd imagine they'll stop short of giving us our 30 scouts because we're in league two...

I've been surprised at how quick Jordan Henderson has developed since January after his poor start at Liverpool (although he was played out of position) so would think he'd have improved stats. Coutinho is another considering he wasnt getting a game at Inter when Liverpool got him in.

I've been surprised at how quick Jordan Henderson has developed since January after his poor start at Liverpool (although he was played out of position) so would think he'd have improved stats. Coutinho is another considering he wasnt getting a game at Inter when Liverpool got him in.

At the beginning of the new game in FM 13 Coutinho has better stats than Oscar which is absolutely ridiculous. Either Coutinho needs a serious nerf or Oscar needs major improvement, but the way things are at the moment is not good. Lucas of Liverpool also needs a major nerf, he was one of the best DMs/BWMs in the FM 13 but in reality he is nowhere near. Speaking of BWMs, Matic of Benfica needs major improvement, he was player of the year in Portuguese League last year, beating Rodriguez, Martinez, Moutinho, Cardozo etc...

At the beginning of the new game in FM 13 Coutinho has better stats than Oscar which is absolutely ridiculous. Either Coutinho needs a serious nerf or Oscar needs major improvement, but the way things are at the moment is not good.[/quote

Totally agree with this, I'd say Oscar needs major improvement, both were outstanding last season and so far in this.

A more honest PA adjustment of most young Scottish players would be better - they are very overpowered, and have been for two editions now. I've seen the AI win Euro 2016 with them, and I've won a few tournaments in the golden age of the Phillips/Rhodes/Snodgrass/Forrest frontline.

Big Vic is one that I have always wondered about. His CA is pretty much CH level, well that what it seems in the editor. Yet, he still can play at the top level. His physical side is obviously a big plus for him irl, but you can't just bludgeon your way through defences, so is CA has been a bit of wonder to myself. Anyway, good luck to the fella at West Brom!

Danny Wellbeck needs to drop off the list.

2 goals in 39 apps last season as a striker at a club that create more goal scoring chances than most. Say no more.

In fairness to Danny, out of those 39 games he played about 5 up front. The rest he was being used as a left winger which i'm sure he would admit isn't his best position.

Quite a lot of Bundesliga players are horribly underrated compared to other leagues. I think this is because every country has their own scout system, and the scouts mainly look to balance strength and attributes within the league, but not in comparison to other leagues.

Most Dortmund players should get a big boost, given their European success. Even the Bayern squad in FM2013 was relatively weak compared to some of the other European big powerhouses.

kieran gibbs. he is one of the best backs in the league, but never been good enough for a top team in the game. i don't understand that.

I actually thought the same with Danny Simpson last season. He was playing really well at Newcastle but his stats were pretty poor overall. Not good enough to step up

Danny Wellbeck needs to drop off the list.

2 goals in 39 apps last season as a striker at a club that create more goal scoring chances than most. Say no more.

He didn't play to score goals though nor did he play as an actual striker last season, his general movement on the pitch and creating chances for other players in the team was fantastic last season, he should stay largely the same in FM 14 as he has in FM 13 but with a bit lowering of his finishing.

Archived