[FM2014] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded *OUT NOW*

They are both excellent, personally I prefer FMupdates EEE for a long save.

If you grow attached to your save and you want to climb up the pyramid you will appreciate the feature below:

-All County FA Senior Cups which will become inactive if you disable leagues following promotion to Level 6

For a short save the choice will be more personal:

-FCutdWill's goes further down and keeps the quality to a very high standard

-FMupdates is insanely accurate with a tremendous attention to detail

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are both excellent, personally I prefer FMupdates EEE for a long save.If you grow attached to your save and you want to climb up the pyramid you will appreciate the feature below:-All County FA Senior Cups which will become inactive if you disable leagues following promotion to Level 6For a short save the choice will be more personal:-FCutdWill's goes further down-FMupdates is insanely accurate with a tremendous attention to detail
I've stopped posting on this forum the last few weeks due to researching more information on lower leagues in England and preparing for 2014-15, but I do want to say that I have put a lot of detail into my Level 11 file, I started researching club details long before FM14 came out, and this includes club colours, stadiums (with both correct latitudes/longitudes), correct leagues and cups. I set myself a very high standard when it comes to edited databases because it's how I would want the game to be played if I was downloading a similar file. It took me a few months to make my file, and it's the best version I've done.

I've stopped posting on this forum the last few weeks due to researching more information on lower leagues in England and preparing for 2014-15, but I do want to say that I have put a lot of detail into my Level 11 file, I started researching club details long before FM14 came out, and this includes club colours, stadiums (with both correct latitudes/longitudes), correct leagues and cups. I set myself a very high standard when it comes to edited databases because it's how I would want the game to be played if I was downloading a similar file. It took me a few months to make my file, and it's the best version I've done.

I'm a big fan and I stand in awe for the tremendous work that you and FMupdates EEE have done for this community! This is the only way to make FM worthwhile for me.

In an ideal world you guys would join forces, but I'm already happy that there is a new update every year.

This summer I'm planning to play a 1-year save on your file and a longer save with FMupdates EEE, I've tested both with the IGE and they are superb.

Thats great, but what happened to your game?

It went painfully slow, but thanks to help on the forum I've fixed it. :)

It does mean now I spent £8.75 on FM14 the other night and won't use it (unless I get sacked or my current save dies)

Excellent! The issues I believe can not be resolved for FM14 without a further update from SI, however the workaround does help alleviate the problem. As for 8.0.4, I hope that there will be another update but it will not be for a while and won't be a minor update. 8.0.4 has no known issues that we are aware of.

What is this workaround?

And is there any way to change the short names, eg Lincoln Utd to Lincoln United. I hate those abbreviations. :D

Why don't you and Magic join forces?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished 1st season in Northern Premier League Div 1 Sth and finished 2nd so went into play offs. I know its only one game semi however as I finished 2nd shouldn't I be the home team in the semi? or is it a random draw. I would expect 2nd and 3rd to be at home

Great work by the way

Just finished 1st season in Northern Premier League Div 1 Sth and finished 2nd so went into play offs. I know its only one game semi however as I finished 2nd shouldn't I be the home team in the semi? or is it a random draw. I would expect 2nd and 3rd to be at home

Great work by the way

That is how it does work and I believe those are the rules we set. We will have a look to clarify what rules we added and if it is a bug or not. It should be the team who finished higher in the league season playing at home in all playoff matches.

Glad you are enjoying the file.

That is how it does work and I believe those are the rules we set. We will have a look to clarify what rules we added and if it is a bug or not. It should be the team who finished higher in the league season playing at home in all playoff matches.

Glad you are enjoying the file.

Thanks for the reply, just checked again and saw it was actually 3rd I finished but still would expect a home tie. Also I played the club finishing 5th and again it would normally be 2 v 5, 3 v 4

Hi,I just finished my first season with Merthyr Town, and i realized i havent participated in any Regional League Cups, and some teams from my league did. So i dont know if that is supposed to be like that, or it is a bug.
Some clubs chose not to enter that league cup for the 13-14 season. I would presume Merthyr were one of those and all Southern League teams enter from the 2nd season onwards.

Thanks for the reply, just checked again and saw it was actually 3rd I finished but still would expect a home tie. Also I played the club finishing 5th and again it would normally be 2 v 5, 3 v 4

I think this may have been an issue in one of the first releases that we fixed, are you able to confirm if you started your game with 8.0.4?

Well I am using a bunch of other files but only EEE affects England. I have used eee 8.04 before will all my files and it never gave me this error before. I will try again only using eee again able and report back to you. Well it worked when I used it by itself. Well apparantly it is incompatible with my file that adds cup history to clubs and NTs, specifically the one that I created a new competition in, but the competition is an extinct supercup from spain. The file does not touch england at all, why isn't it working ??

Yes I took it from the Steam Workshop so I assume its the up to date one

Thanks for bringing this up. This is something we fix every year and it seems that SI change their minds on the way they set up the playoffs. I thought I had fixed this issue too but seemingly not. Rest assured however that I'll release another minor update as soon as I can with the fix.

FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

eff52eda-007c-483e-974e-db457b3e779f_zpsd9d152c4.png

Previously known as Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8, FMUpdates continues to bring you the best league expansion file that goes down to Level 8.

Uncle Ron's initial work carries on and our ideals are the same as when he made his first release in 2010, if not stronger.

Although he currently does not work on the file we have a dedicated team who want to bring you the best custom FM experience a league expansion can bring.

If you are enjoying our release, please rate up the file in Steam Workshop and rate up this thread!

v8.0.5 IS OUT NOW!

Fixed incorrect playoff settings

Ensured compatibility with new LLM Rules

DOWNLOAD ON STEAM WORKSHOP!

9b631b0d-2f0a-42e3-82aa-0d36abf31d2c_zpsd869d1a3.png

I'd like to provide everyone who uses this release with prelude and update about the current situation of the project, the authors and the future of EEE.

Back in 2009 I and many others were introduced to Football Manager with the introduction of the Competition Editor Some had used previous editors, including daniellewis789 (one of the authors for EEE). Lots of files were released including some I made myself with a Japanese league update being the main one, uncle_ron started this project, SuperBladesman had his popular update, Kenco was making a World league and discussions were active about some hidden advanced settings that required some knowledge of XML editing. I helped release one of the first leagues using the Advanced Rules, and others followed suit. Later in 2010 I joined up with uncle_ron and helped with fixtures and some settings for the file which he had converted to use the Advanced Rules. He later became a father and started to delegate all the project tasks over to me over the space of a year and has since stopped working on releases for Football Manager.

Around the same point towards the end of 2011 problems arose for ourselves and the community using the Advanced Rules. Sports Interactive did not like the fact that we used these settings and tried to stop us. Sadly the attempts were not enough, and even after altering the editor to make it harder to activate again and disallowing any conversation on the matter on the forums, we managed to still use the Advanced Rules but at a price - the actions taken fractured the community in my view and seemingly forced us into exile. I took the decision not to release instructions on how to activate the Advanced Rules but people managed to find out and publicly gave the information publicly, which actually angered me as this seemed to be the selfish, noble-like action that might give Sports Interactive another incentive to make it harder, or impossible to activate the Advanced Rules.

Football Manager 2014 was then announced and the promise of more advanced editing features that seemingly fit the options available with the Advanced Rules became available. I was initially very optimistic about this, although it could not be confirmed until FM2014 became available that it was the Advanced Rules that would be introduced. However, the lack of any manuals, limited support and the large number of bugs in the Editor that were never fixed made me fold my hand and decide not to work on Football Manager. The 'support' from Sports Interactive was diabolical with issues still not fixed after months and in places non-existent. With hindsight I can actually say that in my honest opinion the Editor was better when Sports Interactive did not support the Advanced Rules. I did eventually after a few short weeks join and release EEE again, but the reaction from Sports Interactive did no favours to ensure my support for the game would continue.

We have also had issues with users releasing our work without authorisation. While technically according to the EULA the work is not ours, Sports Interactive like to follow the legal route and remind us of that when it is questioned rather than support the amount of work that has been put in for users to try for free. I informed them of the following linked file that is a copy of our work (albeit very out of date) and yet no action was taken or has been taken since, and very surprisingly no reply was given to the enquiry.

Myself and daniellewis789 have not been able to work as much as we would have liked on this project for much of the above but also due to our personal circumstances, which are basically less time for Football Manager. I have therefore decided that for the foreseeable future and for at least the entire duration of Football Manager 2015's lifespan there is no likelihood of any further EEE releases from FMUpdates. We will not be passing the file onto others to continue as we will still work on the file when we can, and we will release at a time when we feel is right for everyone. There would ideally need to be some sort of improvement from Sports Interactive with regards to the service, support and approach they bring to the game, its customers and content providers prior to the release, failing that once enough time has passed that our passion for Football Manager returns we will update you accordingly. I'm sure the majority of you will understand, and until next time thank you so much for all of your support, without which this project would not be possible.

Although I have only used this file in parts over the last few years, usually playing even lower down the pyramid, I recognise the work & time you & others have put into the project, & I cannot praise you more. Hopefully, after taking a break you will come back with more enthusiasm & energy to make an even better game, but if not I certainly wish you all the best. Indeed, the dedication & time all modder's, whether on this game or elsewhere, must be applauded, as they add so much to extend & improve gaming everyway, something I have neither the inclination or effort to do myself, & hopefully may it continue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very sad to hear this. Life on FM will never be the same again without your database. I have played this database since the days of uncle ron and for every new FM I will always use this database ... People at SI show really realises just how much they are "losing" ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
The file is still on Steam Workshop and we don't plan on removing it.

I downloaded this to look at what you had done in the database, but for for some reason it wont load into the editor. I vaguely remember you mentioning you used the in game editor for this, though could be mistaken. Do you have any idea why it wont load.

I downloaded this to look at what you had done in the database, but for for some reason it wont load into the editor. I vaguely remember you mentioning you used the in game editor for this, though could be mistaken. Do you have any idea why it wont load.

They did this deliberately because of an unfortunate number of asshats trying to pass of this work as their own.

Archived