[FM14] Morons? You Bet!

GreyedOutMan

Morön_BK.png

Moron May/June Update 2019

Media Prediction 2019: 2nd

Results this month were mixed again with three wins and two draws. Consistency is a dirty word in this league.

The highlight was the 5-3 win over Gallivare Malmbergets. They might have just been promoted but we played well.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers, who scored four goals in four games. Gustavsson was a close second.

The squad is looking good - it's the 'keeper that is worrying me. Larsson is not really ready to take over from Hardell yet, and I still have hopes that Hardell will be brilliant.

League Table - a worrying five points behind Boden now. We need to turn this around fast.

Saving the game....!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morön_BK.png

Moron June/July Update 2019

Results this month were really good. The Mariestad game was tense, and the game against Selanger was disappointing althought we didn't play badly. But three wins out of four this month has left us in a good position.

The highlight was the big win against Mariehem, who are third in the league.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers, who is now probably my best player.

The squad is still strong. I just need my keeper to improve. Fast.

League Table - very close behind Boden now. We need to keep the run going. We should have won every game this month but if we manage three wins out of every four from now on we should win the league.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron July/August Update 2019

Results this month were OK, but it was disappointing to lose to Boden in the last 10 minutes having been 2-0 up.

The highlight was a 4-0 win at Junsele, which took me to the top of the league at this stage of the season for the first time ever.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers once again.

The squad is still strong - every regular apart from the keeper is averaging over 7, and most are at at least 7.50 which is really good.

League Table - our decent goal difference means that if we match Boden's results and win our game in hand, I'm almost certain we'll go up.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron Academy Graduates Post 2019

The two games since the last update has seen a further two points dropped, which was really annoying, although having been 2-0 down at half-time, it's better than nothing.

The highlight was the 3-1 win over Gallivare Malmbergets, which was convincing.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Fajers again. He scored in both games.

The squad...well, you know what the issue is.

League Table - it's still in our hands. Just.

My academy graduates are good although will not be ready for a while. Jacob Olsson was the player my AssMan picked out, and his Physicals are good. But Forstrom and Lindstedt stand out to me.

Extra update:

A stoppage time winner against Anundsjo kept me in the box seat but the visit to Umedalen might have been fatal. We got battered 5-2, and Boden's win against Mariestad means that I'm now relying on Anunsjo or Umea to do me a favour and beat Boden in one of their last two games. If they do that and I win both my games, I'll go up. But it should still be in our hands. It's frustrating.

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2019

The last two games were going to be crucial. I needed favours called in. In the first game, I beat (and thus relegated) IFK Mariestad with a second goal late on killing the game. But better still, Boden lost at home to 11th-placed Anundsjo! We were top, albeit only on goal difference. But our final game was against 10th placed Villastaden. And all I had to do was win, assuming Boden didn't win by five goals more than us. 17 minutes into the game, with Villastaden's defence holding firm, Umea took the lead against Boden. It was looking almost certain that we'd be up. 25 minutes in, Villastaden gave me a shock but their striker missed a one-on-one. Half an hour in, that man Fajers did what he does best and put us one up. Division One here I come...but wait!

10 minutes into the second half, it was all change as it was 1-1 in both games. Enough as it stood but only just....

The clock hit 70 exactly as disaster hit. Villastaden took the lead! Oh wait! No! Offside! You can imagine how I felt in this period...

Last three minutes. 1-1 at Umea, 1-1 at Moron. But God! If Boden were to get a late winner...I might not even know until after the end of the game. My final whistle went. 1-1. Was it enough?

League Table - PROMOTION! At the sixth attempt, and with a team that is now almost entirely youth products for the first time, I've done it! Bigger challenges to come, but the first step has been taken!

Swedish Cup - not entered. Presumably I will do from now on because I have a couple of times in this division - so I assume that being in the division above will mean I do every year.

Squad

Managed to go up despite a really dodgy 'keeper who needs to improve fast.

My Player of the Season has to be Fajers. His 18 goals this season is a club record, overtaking Stenvall's 17 in 2014. The fans agreed with me.

Best XI

Historical XI - Melake Beyene and Carlson both inducted onto the bench. Why Fajers hasn't replaced Zemui yet is beyond me.

Youth Intake

We really need to upgrade the facilities here. It's been ages since I've had a player go straight into the first team. And whilst the potential is there, very few of them fulfil it.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

None at all this year. Which is good. I will need all the best players I have in the division above.

Finances - with TV money coming in now, I'll be fine for a bit. Assuming I do not get relegated!

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position   Achievements[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       1.32         0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36       1.45        +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27       2.09        +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36       1.73        +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23       1.95        +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32       1.59        +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27       1.91        +0.77     1st      PROMOTION

[b]AVERAGE                            52      16      32       1.72        +0.58     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Well, I got promoted, but as you can see, I've had better seasons. The truth is it will be a struggle. Obviously the target is survival, but I don't think this is my best team since I took over. Having said that, these leagues are not too far apart in quality so it might not be impossible. A lot will depend on whether my 'keeper can improve and whether the best players find the step up too large.

Morön_BK.png

Moron April/May Update 2020

First Division North

Media Prediction 2020: 14th

The first five games yielded four points which isn't bad for my first five at this level but there's a lot of work to be done.

The highlight was our first win in the 1st Division North, Fajers getting both goals in a 2-0 win over Eskilstuna.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Patric Norberg who has made a huge step up this year.

The squad is mainly doing really well, there are just some problems in the midfield at the moment, with Andersson and Ringqvist underperforming in particular.

League Table - teams who finish 11th tend to get between 27 and 32 points. That is the target. I need do a bit better. I want to get at least 8 points from my next five games. The frustrating thing is that I lost to two teams I have previously beaten - one in the cup, the other in Division Two.

Saving the game....!!!

Thanks Nurkka. Good to know there are people reading this!

Morön_BK.png

Moron May/June Update 2020

First Division North

Results in my second month at this level started with a three game winning run, which was spectacular. The Carlstad game saw a late winner from debutant Jakobsson which was the first goal we scored this season that wasn't scored by Fajers. The final game was one we should have won - Fajers got a hat-trick and we played well but a late goal meant that the result did not reflect our dominance.

The highlight was the great win over Brage, who are promotion candidates. A really solid performance.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers who scored six goals in the five games this month.

The squad is doing really well for the first two months at this level, there's some way to go but it's looking like we might not even be in a relegation battle.

League Table - solidly mid-table at the moment, which would be fantastic at the end of the season.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron June/July Update 2020

First Division North

Turns out this league has a "winter break" between the end of June and the end of July, so this is a short one.

Results this month were a perfect mixture. Against Lulea we were genuinely outplayed for the first time this season. but we played really well against Vasteras SK (nearly called them Vasteras but there's also a tea mcalled Vasteras IK in this league).

The highlight was the win over Vasteras SK, we played really well.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jasper Fajers who didn't play in the defeat, but played really well in the win, so he was the only option.

The squad is not performing quite as well as it was at the start of the season but that's to be expected in a higher league. Norberg's 3 match injury might be extended to four but I hope not. He is crucial.

League Table - 27-32 points is the range for staying up in this league. We're now over half-way there whilst having played a game under half of them.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

Moron July/August Update 2020

First Division North

Results this month were brilliant! We didn't concede a goal! I have a feeling the new ME suits my tactics, because from an average of about 5 goals a game, suddenly, we seem able to close out games 1-0 or 2-0 regularly - all of our last four league games have ended 1-0 or 2-0.

The highlight was a 1-0 win away at league leaders Vasteras IK, probably my best result ever.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers again. He just keeps scoring goals (and hat-tricks!).

The squad is keeping its consistency. For a first season in a higher league, those figures are stunning.

League Table - 27-32 points is the range for staying up in this league. We're now virtually there.

Saving the game....!!! Also, now updating to the full game as I have received it in the post, so it might be a little different next time around!

Morön_BK.png

Moron Academy Graduates Post 2020

First Division North

The four games since the last update have been terrible. This version of FM seems to lend itself to this sort of inconsistent consistency - three or four wins followed by three or four defeats. It's frustrating.

The highlight was the game against Sirius, which was the best of a bad bunch - we probably should have won that one.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Christer Jakobsson. The rookie was, again, the best of a bad bunch, but he's having a really good start to his career for sure. Hopefully he'll be a great partner for Fajers for years to come.

The squad is starting to show its inexperience at this level. We should have done enough to stay up this year but we will need major improvements to stay up, probably including some really stunning players coming through the academy, which may take a while. I'm not really expecting a second promotion any time soon.

League Table - well, we got to 26 when I set 27-32 as the target to stay up. It seems we are finding it hard to cross the line. One more win should guarantee we stay up and that's all I need this year.

My academy graduates are decent but not spectacular.

Fenan Norberg is the one my assistant picked out as the best. Hampus Lundgren and David Viklund are others who look good to me.

Morön_BK.png

Moron September Update 2020

First Division North

The new league has compelled me to do an extra update as I felt that 8 games from the Youth Grads post was too many.

Results this month were fantastic. I could so easily have won all four games, but two wins and two draws has put us in with an outside chance of a second straight promotion. I'm not expecting it. I'm not really hoping for it as this team is not ready for it yet, but I am thrilled at how well we're doing this season.

The highlight was a really tense affair away at Akropolis, resulting in one of the better results of the season. Fully deserved.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Christer Jakobsson. He's the first player with a tag of below "e" to make it - at "k", he would have been towards the bottom of the potential grade for his year, but now he's looking like a star. Maybe my intakes are getting better? His attributes don't look good, but maybe his hidden ones are brilliant?

You'll notice that though Norberg is still the highest rated player this season, he's dropped off massively. His Average Rating was 8.20 at one point.

The squad as a whole is OK, but not brilliant. I need to improve on a few players, notably Andersson and Burstrom, who my AssMan overrates.

League Table - suddenly we're promotion candidates! Amazing! But I'm more concerned with the fact that we're now pretty much safe. Another win wouuld make it mathematically certain, but no team has ever been relegated with more than 31 points before and we have 34, so the season is probably more or less over for us. No promotion yet, please!

Saving the game....!!!

Anyone who wants any information from the game, either about Moron or any other team, don't hesitate to ask, by the way. The one regret I have about doing this game this year is that I miss the interaction with other forum users that you get from my last two games (I did the Big Club/Small Nation challenge last year and Dafuge the year before).

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Moron End of Season Update 2020

The last month's four games started well and after the first two, we were 2nd, in the playoff spot. But we had a game against the top side, Vasteras IK, next. We played really well and only a final minute equaliser cost us two points. I was devastated, as I felt like we had missed a chance. The truth was, although I'd proclaimed that I didn't want promotion, having got this close it would be horrible to miss out. Our final game was against the other Vasteras, SK, and a win would guarantee at least a playoff place although not the automatic promotion that beating VIK would have promised.

In the end it didn't matter. We disgraced ourselves at Vasteras SK, and the dream of consecutive promotions was over. Probably for the best, in the long run.

League Table - to get so close is gutwrenching, but for a first season at a higher level, that is quite something.

Swedish Cup - the win against Infjardens was incidental, but the Sirius game got us our biggest ever gate receipts and was huge for us. I got the home draw, too, so the gate receipts I got was more than half because Sirius paid me for home advantage. One of those per year, perhaps with a big game against a higher division side soonish, will keep me going now, there should be no more money worries.

Squad

With the exception of Gustavsson, I think the line comes at 7.00 - everyone below that line is not quite of the required quality to get us up. We're not far away, and I'd be surprised if promotion from this league takes as long as promotion from Division Two.

My Player of the Season is Patric Norberg. He went on a horrific run for the second half of the season, but he was so far ahead of anyone else for the first half that he gets my vote, although the fans, understandably, went for Fajers.

Best XI

Historical XI - Backman inducted. Bizarrely, Jesper Fajers has been moved into the first XI here, but in midfield! He's never played there. Not once. Crazy.

Youth Intake

Pleased with this lot. Left wingers are a problem area, as is central midfield. Problem solved.

Fenan Norberg

Jonathan Blomqvist

David Viklund

Significant Departures (second) including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

I was really disappointed to lose Hardell who had a bright future.

Finances - well, being at a higher level was always going to help. It's going to be needed because some of my players are going to start getting too big for their boots and asking for more cash...

Because each league has a different number of teams, I'm presenting this as a list of percentages along with points record for ease of comparison.

[size=3][b][u]Season    League                  Won%   Drawn%   Lost%   Points/Game  GD/Game  Position   Achievements[/u][/b] 
2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41       1.32         0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36       1.45        +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27       2.09        +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36       1.73        +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23       1.95        +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32       1.59        +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27       1.91        +0.77     1st      PROMOTION
2020      1st Division North       46      19      35       1.58        -0.19     3rd

[b]AVERAGE                            51      17      32       1.70        +0.47     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Well the obvious next step is promotion, but honestly I'd be happy with the exact same figures. In fact, I'll set myself a points target: 42. That would be one more than this year and therefore an improvement.

Cheers for the feedback, guys - keep it up as it is really appreciated.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

April/May Update 2021

Media Prediction 2021: 9th

Results this month were superb. Unbeaten start, four wins out of five, firing on all cylinders.

Despite several higher scoring games, the highlight was the win against Vasteras SK, who are the 2nd favourites for the title.

The Manager's Player of the Month is, yes, you guessed it, Jesper Fajers. He's just a goal machine.

The squad as a whole is really coming together nicely. Beyene is rejuvenated after I thought his career with us was over, and to havenine players averageing over 7 at this stage is fantastic. Losing Hardell was a bit of a problem, but Larsson has proved capable of stepping up to the first team earlier than I had hoped.

League Table - obviously, we're top of the league, but let's not get carried away. Whilst I would love promotion this year (unlike last), I don't think it's likely. Remember this is only my second season at this level.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

May/June Update 2021

Results this month were disappointing. Two defeats and only one win. Both defeats were our own fault - a poor first half cost us against Eskilstuna and the defending against Frej was simply pathetic.

The highlight was the only win of the month, routinely confirmed at Skogsvallen against Vasalund.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Yared Melake Beyene. He keeps proving me wrong.

The squad as a whole is too heavily reliant on just a few players, quite a few of whom are soon out of contract. I almost feel like we NEED promotion this year.

League Table - a poor month has meant that we are no longer the pace-setters, but another good one could see us pull clear of Eskilstuna City again. I'd like promotion but remember my target is simply to beat last year's points tally.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

June/July Update 2021

Results this month weren't great. Five points from four games. The final game was against bottom team, Boden, and a win could have given us 8 points in the month, but it wasn't to be. It was our worst performance of the season so far.

The highlight was the one win - against Brage, which was a good performance, if rather routine.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Ronni Backman. The best of a bad bunch, unfortunately.

The squad as a whole is now struggling. The unbeaten start with so many wins seems a distant memory. Next month will be crucial if we want promotion.

League Table - seven behind Eskilstuna City now. It will be tough to make that up. Even second would be a good achievement. However, I'm definitely on for my 42 point target at the half way stage. We'll need a bit more than that to get the promotion.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

July/August Update 2021

Results this month were dreadful and the final game against Brommapojkarna just makes me angry - we were brilliant so why have we been so terrible in the middle section of the season?

The highlight was clearly the win at Brommapojkarna, where we were utterly dominant. It was our first league win in seven, unfortunately.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers, who has recovered from a poor start to the season and is now in blistering form. Just need the defence to support him better.

The squad as a whole is now once again totally striker-reliant. I cannot explain Gustavsson's apparent loss of all talent, nor why Patric Norberg was averaging over 8 last season but now barely over 6.5 - it is bizarre.

League Table - oddly, promotion is not impossible, although it's frustrating to know that this month could have seen us go top of the league or at least second with a half-decent month.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

Youth Graduates Update 2021

The two games since the last update have continued our return to form. We scraped a 3-2 win against Forward despite abject defending, and against top of the league Eskilstuna, we were unlucky to lose two points to a late equaliser.

The Forward win was the highlight. We played well.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jesper Fajers, who scored three goals in the two games.

The squad's defenders are continuing to let down the side. The fact is I have eleven midfielders and strikers who are outperforming all the defenders. It's not good enough and I need new ones. Gustavsson will leave us this summer and after a few years when he was good, he'll leave a big hole but it's opportunity. Someone else needs to fill that hole.

League Table - my target was 42. That means 12 points in the next six games. It won't get me up, that's all but gone with the draw with Eskiltuna, but it would be a step up. Here's hoping.

My academy graduates are pretty decent, especially given the situation I've got with my more senior players.

Christoffer Bylund seems like an ideal replacement for Kvist. Samuel Holmstrom will have to replace Ringqvist and Dahlberg who have been sharing duties on the right wing, although in the end he will be a striker, for sure. This is a good intake and plenty will get a debut before the end of the season now that the promotion push is all but over.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

September Update 2021

Results this month were frustratingly draw-ish. All four games drawn, and we really should have won three of them. Only the Sleipner game was a good result - the runaway leaders were good and we did well to come back twice. Against Vasalund we lost two leads, against Frej we lost two leads and recovered one, and against Boden I don't know how we didn't score.

The highlight was the game against Sleipner, who were a good side.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Anton Axelsson, who has been a surprise in the last month or so. Still in his rookie year, he has sprung to life having been given a chance and has a good record.

The squad as a whole is screaming for some defensive quality. It is really urgent now. It's obvious when I pick my first choice team: five players have a rating under 7, and six over. You can guess which way round it is!

League Table - on paper it's a step back. In reality, I think we massively overachieved last season. My 42 point target for this season was perhaps a little naive.

Saving the game....!!!

Those of you reading this (firstly, I hope to have a season update shortly):

Do you like the current format of posting?

What about its frequency? I'm on a rolling sequence of seven per season in this league - it will be reviewed after each promotion (or, god forbid, relegation). Is it enough? Are they at the right times?

Those of you reading this (firstly, I hope to have a season update shortly):

Do you like the current format of posting?

What about its frequency? I'm on a rolling sequence of seven per season in this league - it will be reviewed after each promotion (or, god forbid, relegation). Is it enough? Are they at the right times?

love the story so far! The format is great, keep up the good work!

love the story so far! The format is great, keep up the good work!

Oooofff! Will have to totally change it, now! Can't have a Sp**s fan loving it!!

Only kidding!!

I find it hard to hate you guys, since you are so horrifically average.....

Seriously though, all real-life allegiances aside, thanks for the feedback, keep reading and comment whenever you feel the urge, it's really appreciated, no matter what team you support.

Absolutely love this career, I'm not envious of the challenge you have set yourself however you seem to be doing pretty well! You reckon we will ever see you in the allsvenkan?

That's the plan. Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated. You liking the format? Have any suggestions?

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2021

The last month's four games saw a further three draws but no defeats, meaning that we have gone the final nine games without defeat, whilst only getting three wins despite scoring 23 goals in that time. Safe to say we need to sort out the defence! Draw specialists this year, we lost fewer games than anyone except Sleipner.

League Table - disappointing that we got fewer points than last year, but this is probably more realistic in the second season. Next year, I hope to go close.

Swedish Cup - decent draw in the second round saw a decent bump in the finances, but we really need a tie against a premiership side to kickstart those coffers.

Squad

Attack, attack, attack. I need to sort out the defence. I will be reviewing the tactics ahead of the new season because it is really getting silly.

My Player of the Season is Jesper Fajers. The fans agreed. Has to be, really, although Backman was really good and honourable mentions must go to Rookie Axelsson who did really well when called upon and of course Graduate Holmstrom who featured in every game from his spawning and did really well. I think it's clear we have the next legend at the club. Having said that, let's hope that the current legend, Fajers, can hit 100 goals for the club next year.

Best XI

Historical XI - no new inductees for the first time ever. Fajers is still looking totally out of place in central midfield. But other than that, I think this looks like exactly what I'd say - replace Beyene with Fajers and give his place to Granberg, I say.

Significant Departures () including [url=]Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

With the finances as they are, it was inevitable that this summer would come, but it's still sad. Olof Ringqvist retired and immediately joins the club as a coach. Yared Melake Beyene blossomed in the last few years but I couldn't afford to keep him. Danny Zemui has finally left once and for all. Anders Carlson has never really lived up to his ability with me, whereas Joachim Lundevall probably performed above his ability level.

I have slightly relaxed my restrictions on signing old players: I've decided any player from my youth academy - i.e. with a year tag - can be resigned on a free transfer at any time. No-one else, and no transfer fees can be involved. Hence Hardell has returned!

However, there are two giants who have left.

Gustavsson is probably one of the main reasons for our promotion. He was awesome in the Second Division. Never quite looked the part in the First, though. Worst of all...

Christoffer Kvist simply became too expensive. Our most consistent player throughout all my nine years with Moron. Will be sorely missed (although his wages on our wage bill will not!).

Youth Intake

Yet more strikers. The defenders are not so good - surprise surprise. I can only hope my new assistant manager underrates some of them, because I need them! Two of them have already made their debuts, including Holmstrom who scored three goals in just two starts at the end of the season. I have very high hopes for him, certainly.

Finances - just need a good draw in a cup to get us back into the black for a while.

2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41        1.32        0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36        1.45       +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27        2.09       +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36        1.73       +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23        1.95       +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32        1.59       +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27        1.91       +0.77     1st      PROMOTION
2020      1st Division North       46      19      35        1.58       -0.19     3rd
2021      1st Division North       35      42      27        1.46       +0.50     5th

[b]OVERALL                            49      20      31        1.67       +0.47     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? A promotion challenge. I don't mind whether we go up or not - my guess is that with so many players leaving, it might not be a good time to aim for that now as we won't be equipped to stay up, but my strikers are so good now that all it takes is a little form from the decent defenders still at the club and we will be there or thereabouts. 3rd place is the target. Minimum. Maybe a playoff spot would be nice if only because it would mean a playoff game where I don't really mind if we don't win, plus it would give some players experience of the playoff in case we have to go through that route to get promotion the year after.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

April/May 2022 Update 2022

Media Prediction 2022: 7th

Our first six games saw us break our unbeaten record half way through, and and our consecutive wins record by the end. Six wins from six at the start of the season.

The highlight was the win against Sylvia, who had only dropped two points before this game. Yes, it wasn't our most comprehensive victory, but it was by far the most important.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Joachim Pavlovic. It would have been easy to go for Fajers again - he got seven goals in six games - but our defensive improvement so far this season is down to him. I took a punt a couple of games in and it has come off so far.

The squad as a whole is playing well. Of course, we're still slightly reliant on Fajers but to have Holmstrom banging them in and Backman backing him up well on the right means that we're more solid. If he did get injured, I think we'd still do well.

League Table - can't ask for more than that.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

May/June 2022 Update 2022

The second month was a little more difficult as we lost three of the four games. However, we were only outplayed once - at Lulea. The game against Brommapojkarna was frustrating and we just couldnt get the goals after going behind, whereas at Frej we lost to a last minute goal whilst committing all ten outfielders forward chasing three points. I don't mind that. But Lulea totally outplayed us, which wasn't great. That said, when Andersson was sent off with us 2-0 down in the 53rd minute, we did well to get back into the game for a while.

The highlight was the only win of the month, we played well against VIK.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Fajers, who is turning into a goalscoring machine. He and Holmstrom were striking up a good understanding, but Holmstrom fractured his ribs and is out for most of the rest of the season.

The squad as a whole is starting to show frailty. Hardell's return isn't exactly going to plan as the defence is not as strong as it promised in the first month.

League Table - still top, but a month ago, I was hoping we'd be clear by now. Still, I have more than half the points I accumulated last year already, and seven wins on the board is title form. We only got nine in the whole season last year. We need to turn defeats into draws though - the Frej defeat is a warning sign.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

June/July 2022 Update 2022

This month was shortened due to the winter break but was nevertheless another 100% month, as we halted the slide with good wins over two clubs who were not easy opponents.

The highlight was the Vasalund game, only winning over the Boden one because of the clean sheet, something we've struggled to do much lately.

The Manager's Player of the Month is that man JF, who is just so good that I can't really not choose him!

The squad as a whole is doing OK. The defence is better albeit still not good enough really.

League Table - we've now got as many wins as we did in the whole of last season, and still a game to go before half-way.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

July/August 2022 Update 2022

This month was the month I decided I had to change it up a bit to prevent the dip becoming a collapse. Two of the 2020 generation came into the side including a defender, Thomas Karlberg, for the last game.

The highlight was the win against VSK, the best performance of the season by miles.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Nils Lundh, who is starting to boss the midfield for us.

The squad as a whole is looking good, and I have high hopes that we might get over the line this year.

League Table - five clear, eleven to go. Who knows? One more 100% month might be enough to get us over the line.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

Youth Graduates Update 2022

In other news, I received my first ever cash offer for a player with Moron. £4k plus 25% sell-on for Holmstrom, though, was not even nearly tempting. He's looking good.

The three games since the last update have provided two wins. We could have won the first one 9-0, and the second one was against our closest rivals but we were 5-1 up in no time at all. We cruised the second half. The draw against Gute was our first of the season but we should have won, really.

The 5-2 win over our title rivals Sylvia was obviously the highlight. Total trouncing.

The Manager's Player of the Month is clearly Thomas Karlberg, who has been a very pleasant surprise.

The squad is looking much healthier with Karlberg doing so well.

League Table - all but promoted now. We would have to do something very silly to miss out now.

My academy graduates are really promising. Further defensive improvements seem certain - at least one of those three top defenders must surely come good! This is probably the best intake I've had, although the lack of central midfielders will put pressure on those already in the first team.

That's the plan. Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated. You liking the format? Have any suggestions?
Yeh I think the format is much better than others on the forum. I'm not a massive fan of the stories/challenges that go into endless depth. This is easy to read and the links reduce clutter on the page!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

September Update 2022

This month was a struggle. Only one win, and ten goals conceded. We had an off day against Bromma, played badly despite coming back from a goal down twice against Frej and were pretty unlucky against VIK. But we no longer have the total dominance we seemed to have over the league earlier in the season.

The highlight was Karlslund, although the defence left a lot to be desired.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jasper Fajers, who has broken all sorts of records this month.

The squad as a whole is great. I reckon that the front six will be good enough for mid-table at least in the Elite league. If we can get our defence improving quick enough, then within a few years, we could be in the Allsvensskan!

League Table - almost there. Four points will guarantee it.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division North

End of Season Update 2022

The last month's four games saw us stumble over the line, needing a win on the last day after a run of four points in six games.

League Table - but we are PROMOTED again! What a season - for large parts of it we looked invincible, it really does bode well for the next level.

Swedish Cup - disappointing exit here.

Squad

Really strong up front and in Karlberg I've finally got a decent defender. Hope for more next year! Fajers is just amazing and with him in our ranks I feel good about our chances in the Elite First Division. He won the fans' player of the year again.

Best XI

Historical XI - Hannes Burstrom inducted.

Significant Departures including Youth released ...Note that the incoming transfers are only players who had JUST left the club and who reconsidered when they couldn't find other clubs - they are the only players I am allowed to sign, and only ever as free agents

Hannes Burstrom never really lived up to his potential, and it was the right time for him to go.

Patric Norberg was outstanding for three years and then inexplicably turned bad. God knows why.

Linus Marklund has been a loyal servant and was very good at times, especially early on.

Youth Intake

Some really good players here, lots of first team appearances in 2023, I reckon. Jonas Niklasson is clearly the best of the lot.

Finances - with another promotion so quickly, should be fine for some time now. For the first time, I could make a pretty big cash signing if I wanted to (which of course I don't!).

2013      2nd Division North       36      23      41        1.32        0.00     7th
2014      2nd Division North       41      23      36        1.45       +0.14     4th 
2015      2nd Division North       68       5      27        2.09       +1.09     2nd
2016      2nd Division North       55       9      36        1.73       +0.41     4th
2017      2nd Division North       59      18      23        1.95       +0.91     3rd
2018      2nd Division North       45      23      32        1.59       +0.73     4th
2019      2nd Division North       59      14      27        1.91       +0.77     1st      PROMOTION
2020      1st Division North       46      19      35        1.58       -0.19     3rd
2021      1st Division North       35      42      27        1.46       +0.50     5th
2022      1st Division North       58      19      23        1.92       +0.85     1st      PROMOTION

[b]OVERALL                            50      20      30        1.70       +0.51     4th[/b][/size]

Season expectations for next year? Well, survival first, but I think we might be able to do better. Maybe mid-table.

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

April/May Update 2023

Media Prediction 2023: 16th

The start of the season was fantastic. After two games where we played really badly - and the second involving Fajers getting injured, we strung four wins together! Now we're getting nosebleeds in fifth place, particularly after Backman's 96th minute equaliser in the last game.

The highlight was the awesome performance against Varbergs BoIS, which was hard to believe. It was our first win at this level, and to win that convincingly...

The Manager's Player of the Month is Ronni Backman, who has filled in beautifully for Fajers during his injury - so much so that he retained his place when Fajers came back (only to get injured again!).

The squad as a whole is coping unbelievably well with life in the top flight. After the first two games, I was really concerned, but since then EVERYONE has been playing at the top of their games.

League Table - big fluctuations in this league, and there is a relegation playoff so all the bottom four places are threatened, but I reckong 36 points would be enough to absolutely guarantee safety. I'm almost a third of the way there already, and my mid-table target for the season is looking quite possible now.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

May/June Update 2023

The next few games were a bit tougher. Only one win and that was one we only just held on to. We were poor against Kristianstad, disappointing against Norrkoping and lucky against Hacken. The Mjallby game was a trouncing by a good side that will probably be promoted.

The highlight was the win over Hacken, although we only just hung on to it.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Jasper Fajers, whose return to fitness was important.

The squad as a whole is showing the usual attacking bias. I'm really impressed with how the attacking players have coped with the step up, but we have major issues in defence.

League Table - pretty much half way to my 36 point target, starting to wonder if a cheeky assault on the top three might be possible. Not saying I'll get promoted, but would love to be able to set myself a promotion target next year! Realistically, probably looking at more like two years down the line, at least.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

June/July Update 2023

June/July's games were tougher still. Against Angelholm, I switched to "overload" at 5-2, but it didn't come off. I got battered at GAIS, but then got stoppage time equalisers against Varnamo and Syrianska so two points felt like six.

The highlight was the second last minute equaliser, hard to believe we'd do it twice in a row.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Fajers, who can clearly knock them in at any level.

The squad as a whole is starting to really struggle, particularly defensively. Fajers is the only player who looks to be consistently good enough for the next step.

League Table - at the half-way stage, any thoughts I had about mounting a serious bid for promotion have long since gone, we've really stalled. Hopefully I can find enough in the tank for another four wins and a few draws.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

July/August Update 2023

The next batch of games were a mixed bag. Bookended by two poor defeats, with two wins sandwiching a draw in between. At the start of the season I'd have taken eight points from those five games but I was really hoping to finish 4th or 5th this season to accelerate the process of our promotion to the Allsvenskan. Oh well.

The highlight was the dominant win over Falkenberg, it was pleasing that we won so easily despite an off day for Fajers.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Nils Lundh, which is great, because he's never really excelled before.

The squad as a whole is improving after a mid-season blip. Still need some defensive improvement.

League Table - should be safe, barring a catastrophe. With some good form, 4th or 5th is still not impossible.

Saving the game....!!!

Morön_BK.png

MORON BK

1st Division Elite

Youth Graduates Update 2023

The three games since the last update started with a great moment - qualification for the group phase of the Swedish Cup for the first time. This will take place next year, bizarrely. Since then, we've been really poor. Got hammered by Orgryte, and we were really poor against Assyriska, despite managing to pull it back to 2-2 in the second half.

The cup game was the highlight. It was a game we should have won more easily, but the historic moment of our first qualification for the group phase must be recorded.

The Manager's Player of the Month is Nils Lundh, who has maintained his improvement.

The squad is massively improving, although the defence is still not looking great, and most will be replaced in the coming years. You'll see why below.

League Table - squeaky bum time, but we might just have some secret weapons....

One word. Wow. My academy graduates are the best by a very very long way that I've ever had. The vast majority will be straight into the first team squad, and there will be plenty of club legends in this crop. Better still...next year, my facilities upgrade should mean better players, which will mean this will be a regular occurrence, I hope! The first ever to come out with a 5* CA rating, Hampus Lejon is probably overrated in terms of current ability, but he will be a superstar soon!

Archived