FM14: Funnest/Best of the top 5 leagues to manage in?

Funnest/Best league to manage in!  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Funnest/Best league to manage in!

I was just curious about what everyone's opinions are in terms of what of the "top" leagues in their opinion is the best or funnest to manage in? I have never managed a team in Serie A or the Bundesliga, and would like to know from everyone how much I am/not missing out! Obviously this topic is highly subjective, and I hope that you don't chose say Serie A as your favorite league to manage in simply because its got your favorite team in in eg. Inter Milan.

So, I am probabaly being vague here, so the criteria!

x league (out of Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1) is your favorite because:

*The style of football in general is cracking to watch!

*There is alot of great youth in the league to exploit!

*League is wealthy, so I can have a team of superstars in no time!

*Great players in the league, very exciting matches!

*League suits my style of play!

*My favorite FM save was with a club in that league!

etc etc, all are valid reasons, so please, chose your favorite of the top leagues and give your reasons why!

All opinions welcomed! :):thup:

The franchise leagues (A-League, MLS) are the most interesting for the most obvious of reasons.

Though what absolutely kills the A-League for me is the fact you can only name 4 outfield subs. Not only limits your tactical options but with FM's chronic injury problems it really hurts the most in that league - the players generally have poorer natural fitness and come 75 minutes in a game you have 5 guys all on the field with 70% fitness or lower and you can't take them all off; the amount of times you'll end up finishing with 10 or even 9 men due to injuries is too commonplace.

The MLS obviously doesn't have that problem and you can pretty much poach other teams best players by being generous with draft allocations which on FM are worthless since the game never does them properly. So aside from managing in smaller leagues or my favourite team, the MLS is always a favourite.

Serie A does my head in with the strict none-eu restrictions and co-ownership deals.

I actually prefer England the most, with 2 domestic cups and 20 teams there's allot of fixtures every year which while that does turn some people off, from my point of view it makes it easier to develop a full squad by giving many fringe players more games.

Of course you could counter argue that you have B teams in Spain, Germany etc for this purpose. Its all personal preference at the end of the day.

Edit; and then I found out I voted Germany for some reason...oops :o

I had my first Bundesliga experience ever on FM on the Beta with Gladbach and loved it despite being sacked halfway through the second season. They're an unforgiving lot. I'll definitely try another save there at some point. Thinking of copying daylight and going a lower league German side.

never thought i'd say it, but the belgian pro league is actually good fun thanks to a play off system. It keeps things exciting til right at the end (at the start of the playoffs points are cut in half. Meaning even if you were ahead (or behind) by 10 points, you'd still only be 5 points ahead (behind) in the playoffs. You face every team twice, so anything is still possible really.)

I'd say Premier League takes the prize from those options for me, though I find top leagues fairly boring. I've enjoyed managing in all of those countries, but the Premier League wins just due to the reserve teams work better for developing and keeping players on the fringes of the first team match fit.

Archived