The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Hargreaves played as a left winger in the 2002 World Cup (for a game and a bit) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For about 20 minutes actually. He played defensive central mid in the first game against Sweden, then was moved to the left as Nicky Butt came into the middle for the second game against Argentina. That was the game where he was injured early on, and his world cup was over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

What Mika said really, if he wants to go then yeah he's a twat for that but yesterday was nothing to do with Man Utd as he was playing for his country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok nothing to do with Man U, but you have to admit him telling rooney before the match he was gonna get sent off then the wink was a disgrace - and undefendable

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha icon_biggrin.gif

Carter rang me 28483 times but I'm still not unblocking him icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, I don't even have you in my phone, so lets stop this now eh?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

a fletcher/carrick combo would be as soft as **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher's a better tackler than Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a better tackler than Scholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you agree with me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rarely disagree with you tbh

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vidmar:

Lads we've signed Phil Bardlsey on loan, is he a good wee player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

belay that just read up the page.

Deal done btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I just want to get something clear before we progress here.

A) What Mika said

B) And he's been **** since, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not wanted at Newcastle - Emre has just kicked him in the head icon15.gif

I really don't get you Matt - so annoyingly (and yet justifiably) pessimistic about individual games or potential signings and yet so ridiculously chirpy in the face of utterly depressing evidence in terms of the bigger picture icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

I hate you mark

always faster and posting more...no wonder your status is progressing at a james07-esque rate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to add that most of what i post is boring drivel.

Although i suppose that works as another James comparison.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

haha, just seen the Foster-Carroll comparisons. what?!

as far as i've seen, Foster isn't prone to regular disastrous handling errors, is prone to making the odd outstanding save, and doesn't have a ridiculously inflated view of his own abilities. he's commanding (for a young keeper) and has fantastic distribution. he basically doesn't resemble the useless ulsterman in any way shape or form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem with trying to judge Foster or any keeper at a mid table or bottom club is that there's dozens of keepers who have the shot stopping etc talent required to play at the highest level. The thing that sets the great keepers apart from the rest is the ability to pull off the great save required when you've had nothing to do for half an hour, and unfortunately you have no way to judge that until they are in that arena. Basically, we won't know if Foster is up to the job until he's played for us for a season or two.

Concentration is is the key, and it won't be tested at Watford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're preaching to the converted with that. still don't think there's any resemblance to Carroll.

Right, match-going reds: I've decided that with my situation being as thoroughly mundane and lonely as it is I need football back in my life in a big way. One of my New Year's resolutions is therefore to sack off my principals and start going to Old Trafford again (cue inevitable criticism of either the original decision to boycott or me reneging on it). Anyway, just looking for a bit of advice re: tickets. One United members - what's your current success ratio of applications to actual tickets? With the new 'one year' season tickets taking up space, are there certain stands in teh ground where you're more / less likely to get tickets? Anyone ever go through touts on the match day, and if so, what prices are we looking at (away from your bigger games with Liverpool, Arsenal etc)? For that matter, what prices are we looking at in general under the Glazers? Does parking anywhere within a 5 mile radius of OT remain as much of a farce as it used to?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

alilaw, you could probably go to a lot of the games, but you'd have to fork out £50 and be in the 'Manchester suite' and all that turd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Padded chairs! Wow, I bet there'd be a brilliant atmosphere in that area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well I think (not sure) them seats are at the bottom of the new quads, so you could be next to the Stretford End.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Could anyone tell me why Man United played a, home, First Division game against W.B.A, on Aug 23rd 1971 at the Victoria Ground, Stoke City?

Just read it elsewhere but it didnt give a reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Old Trafford was closed because of a knife-throwing incident.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I have to stumble out of bed at 9 for YOU to tell me richardsons playing in midfield

Nice one icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my coach leaves at 5am for that game. damn southern fans, no commitment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

Liverpool's new crest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already posted it in ri and their thread. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was cringeworthy when it was done to us, and it's just cringeworthy doing it to the scouse.

the only thing that possibly lessens the cringe factor is that it seems most scouse are positively giddy at the takeover in stark contrast to the reaction to ours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ah I see. Must be more tempting because you can go to say Blackburn away any season, but Rome is a bit of a one off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're not wrong mate. it will kill me not going, but it is clearly the sensible option.

like i say, i have til monday to dissuade myself icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

the atmosphere in the pub was fantastic, Ronaldo is just so ffffffffffffb.

Then when they scored some Liverpool fan cheered and an idiot United fan went mental at him, looked like things were going to kick off in there as well for a minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where were you watching it Alex?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived