The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

compatible how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its obviously not a offical update so whether it works or not basically

ta for the link anyway

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nick getting desperate icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least Ryan's out of the running after upsetting Gripper icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

My GOD are you lot MAD. Richard Wright as your back up keeper?! Why the hell do you think we loaned Howard.

Wright. Is. Not. Good. Enough.

God help you if he actually gets on the pitch icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to ram the point home

/o\

We are trying to sign a couple of players who would add variety to our play. They are different types of players to the ones we have and that would only strengthen us

you remember when we signed liam miler he said the same thing OMG this can't be good not good at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ooh, is there a friendly tonight?

Which of the proper team expected to play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty much the same team that went on tour

Not sure about 'far' more both suppose we're both speculating - your probably right that it would have been slightly nearer to £10 million than £5 million.

If you'd bought Duff and Rosicky you would be a good DCM away from being rivals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

as james said - yes.

look, there's being a poacher, and there's being a self centered glory hunter who simply doesn't give a toss about what's going on unless your about to profit from it. based on what we've seen and heard for the past two years that sums ruud up both on and off the field. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

absolute b0ll0cks, seriously icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how is it ********? have we not looked a better team over the past four or five months when we're not carrying a player who doesn't break into anything more than a jog unless the ball is heading toward the 18 yard box?

if the lazy fecker actually worked some the very idea of replacing him with saha would be laughable. as it stands, based on what we saw from the team last season alone, it's hard to argue anything other than fergie being completely justified in sticking with saha.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

at least 16 year olds can work a keyboard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It must be hard for him, with the arthritis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The Kuszczak development...strange, but fair enough. icon_biggrin.gif

Martin icon14.gif

Rossi icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me in "what Mika said" shocker.

ah so anyone wanna tell me what I've missed over the last week? Basically had limited TV and no internet /o\

Heard about Ronaldo bagging 2 though icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

# Team Manager Gameweek Total

1 Elevator Road United Simon Whitworth 43 43

2 Z Stars Craig Beaumont 34 34

3 Ruud FTW Matt Huart 32 32

4 JOS Football Genius Nick Morgan 31 31

5 Rob's legends Robert Powell 28 28

5 Clueless ****s Gregg Carter 28 28

5 link all stars john garthwaite 28 28

5 Glazer's Final Hurra Blaine Emmett 28 28

9 RED ARMY master blasta 27 27

9 Mart's Loser 11 Mart Sheehan 27 27

9 Dynamo Keane-Nev Jon Fadugba 27 27

12 Atletico Theis John Theis 26 26

12 Jossy's Midgets Richard McKeon 26 26

12 Julesy Giants Julian Reddick 26 26

15 Insert Clever Name Luke Hudgson 25 25

16 AFC Saha 1978 Josh D 23 23

16 Hodgeys Heroes Richard Hodkinson 23 23

18 Good...Wins FC Dan Goodwin 22 22

18 11 Blind Mice Nobby Steelez 22 22

20 Silvestres Saints Taz Devil 21 21

21 VfB Timbo Tim Keward 20 20

21 AFC Edgar matt edgar 20 20

23 Barrys Horne NL B 19 19

23 bristol united james marshall 19 19

23 United Strokes LUHG James Beatty 19 19

23 11 Rooneys Antony Cousin 19 19

27 Burrage Blitzers Peter Burrage 17 17

28 Timsbury Cricketers Michael Gray 16 16

28 King of Kings XI Sam Alabaster 16 16

30 John O'Shea XI Ali Law 15 15

31 'S Rioghal Mo Dhream James MacGregor 13 13

31 Wakey's Rockets Gareth Wakefield 13 13

33 Wimples Dimples J C 11 11

33 Monzo's FHFC Rejects Terry McGrenra 11 11

33 Eastside Philip Rolfe 11 11

36 Beloved Aunts Chris Sharvin 10 10 </pre>

Oh the shame. icon_frown.gif

*hopes this works*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I know we covered this pages ago, but I can't emphasise enough that the most frustrating element of all this for me is that we genuinely look 2 quality additions away from having a real chance in the major competitions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is really true, we've been like that for so long, in 03/04 it was a right winger and a striker, then 04/05 we missed Ruud and our MC position/wings/goalkeeper were weak, then last season the central midfield and now it's still that to a lesser extent, but also doubts up front. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, but in those years (not last year, admittedly), we've spent decent sums in getting to the stage of being a couple of players short. This summer we've started the summer a couple of players short and arguably gone backwards :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

many a true word said in jest dude :*)

I have a Welsh t-shirt on actually, by complete accident. As long as Wes has a good game (assuming he plays), I'm not bothered what else happens really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about richardson?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_cote_kid:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

tbf, you're all lunatics. noone knows the full situation behind all this.

i'd bet these MSI fellas offered united machareno but the terms were just completely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs basically. The full story is not and probably wont be known for some time. Funny to see the spazzing out though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely irrelevant. The main anger is being directed at David Gill saying we didn't consider Mascherano to be a player we required. Either he's lying when saying that, and can f**k right off, or he's telling the truth, in which case he can f**k right off and take Fergie with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd imagine the Gill comment about not requiring him was the easier road to go down than saying there was something almightily dodgy about the deal on offer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is making yourself, your manager and his staff look clueless and incompetent an 'easier road' than saying the club didn't like the terms of the deal on offer? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

mark how old are you if you dont mind me asking? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

34 mate, why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all the mature points and arguments you are forever putting forward i just wondered how much older than the rest of us you actually were.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

fight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you meant picking on a fit 13'6" bloke didn't you. Admit it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i made a mistake whilst typing, because i was eating a sandwhich in the other hand and daydreaming about fabio at the same time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NSteelez:

Did I hear right on the news earlier? The statement about Adu not being offered a trial has been removed and they have confirmed he is on a 2 week trial?

All seems a little strange. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You did indeed hear right, he's coming.

• 1 month later...

wasn't it a minute's applause at west ham?

i know we had silences at the league cup game with WBA and the home premiership game with Pompey, i've got a vague recollection of Fergie saying in between the West Ham game and that Pompey game something about "the applause at West Ham was a magnificent spectacle but now this weekend it's time to pay our own personal tribute" or something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Just got a Villa cup ticket by the way. Bout ****ing time those ***** at the TO sent something my way goddamnit... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs icon_biggrin.gif

West Tier 2 ftw icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have no rapport with any of them. Do I care? No?

Will I start songs? Yes

Will I join in if only ONE person is singing? Yes

Do I give a flying **** what people around me thing? No

Even if a song is being sang from the block next to me I'll STILL join in.

I have literally hardly any confidence but I'll still sing/chant/swear/go mental, I see the people near me for 90 mins every fortnight or so.

man up ffs.

No offence to Mika/Acou but the odds of you getting the same seat again are 1 in say 74,000 so why do you care if you get a funny look for singing, at least you're showing some passion unlike the morons surrounding you.

Quick question for you.

Ignoring goalkeepers, 19 outfield players have started at least 1 league game for us this season. Name the 5 who have yet to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nevile, Heinze, Brown, David Jones and Smudger?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Probably Illegal:

Any idea if this is being streamed on some foreign channel so I can watch? I doubt it seeing as it isnt on sky but I thought i'd ask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's always Al-Jazeera - just got to hope the landlord puts it on. They get every single Premiership game, so it's a matter of getting to the pub early and marking our territory early at my local boozers.

My train doesn't get me back to Wycombe until 19:15 though icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

isn't pique playing in the middle for zaragoza? sure i heard taz mention that basically every time he reports back on how he's doing.

kinda brings down his list of competitors to john o'shea, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zaragoza have a great partnership at centre back so Pique more often than not plays Right Back or Centre Mid like our own John O'Shea.

He plays a lot for them though, a lot of starts and for a top 5 team in La Liga he doesnt look out of his depth at all, he looks like he belongs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Pique to make it players like Silvestre and Fletcher need to go. and also Richardson, but thats just because he's rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for a defender to make it we need to sell 2 midfielders? interesting logic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering he plays in midfield aswell, then yes, Silvestre (a defender) and Fletcher (a midfielder) would need to move on. Richardson was a completely unrelated point. he just needs to be sold.

If you add a central midfield player as well as Rossi and Pique to our current squad its too big, so some of the current back up players would need to go. Pique won't be 1st choice next year, so we'd sell a back up player to accomodate him.

VDS, Foster, Kuszczak

Nev, Rio, Vidic, Brown, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre,

O'Shea, Pique (play at the back and mid)

Ronny, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, new player, Giggs, Park, Richardson,

Saha, Rooney, Smith, Ole, Rossi

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

You can't even say those things in jest, you know Mark. It'll all start again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Tsunami wiping out Hull and the surrounding area wouldn't stop that regardless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Let's just focus on the sad fact that Kieran Richardson may start a European Champions League Quarter Final tonight icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can only hope that one out of Saha, Smith or Fletcher is considered fit enough to start. Even Ole would be better than the alternative, i suppose.

• 1 month later...

Archived