The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

iirc, this takes away my pain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but...but...but... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha that's so good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

once wasnt enough icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were cameras around when you last won the title?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

yes well there we are, and much as I love Tone, he's no physio.

Vieira was awesome in the world cup, save for the first game, I think hed view joining you lot as a fantastic challenge, and hes certainly better than any of the other shlt you have in central midfield atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He makes a good point.

Plus the liklihood is it'd annoy the majority of Arsenal fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wouldn't bother me tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Del Piero icon_biggrin.gif

gtf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've been linked, for what that's worth icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

I come with absolutely no angle or hidden agenda before someone jumps on me, but do you want Carrick? (at a reasonable price OR at whatever the price will be) or is it just relief that you're actually making a move? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of both. I'd have taken Carrick as part of a midfield double, because I like the creativity that he brings. Even though a lot of people underestimate his defensive abilities, I still think we need a hard as nails all action midfielder alongside him to scare the life out of people.

By now though it's pure, unadulterated relief.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

I just had the rather surreal mental image of Oliver Kahn stroking his chin whilst asking himself "one wonders how would we compensate for that." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And launching a pre-emptive strike on Belgium to make him feel better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have hoped that they'd have learned that Blitzkrieg's aren't the answer to everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ahahaha no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuyt is quality and with the right Service he can score loads he wouldnt replace the amounnt of goals ruud scores but he would get 20 easily i feel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

How does it feel to know your club won't win another premiership for atleast 10 more years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A man that can predict the future. I like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

but with signings I do think it's more realism than pessimism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's been proven tbf, aye.

Which makes it all the more confusing that you're not as downbeat about our prospects as the rest of us icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Ronaldo put a few decent crosses in yesterday tbh. Shame all our players in the box were playing like cripples. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, Nick made a point that Rio was bollocking him yet WGT wasn't prepared to throw his head at the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see a separate thread, but this is ridiculous. A player calls a referee a SOB and all other names under the sun and gets nothing, but as soon as he says something homophobic there is outrage?

Scholes in hot water over alleged homophobic remark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gay rights campaigners have urged Paul Scholes to apologise after the Manchester United midfielder allegedly made a homophobic remark during the Champions League victory over Benfica.

The 31-year-old former England international is alleged to have made the comment after receiving a yellow card from referee Frank De Bleeckere in the 10th minute of last night's clash at the Stadium of Light.

UEFA are waiting for reports from the match delegate and the referee before they decide whether to address the complaints, although they are unlikely to take action if the incident is not reported. They expect the report on Thursday.

Peter Tatchell, of gay human rights group OutRage!, said: 'We urge Paul to apologise and to express his opposition to homophobia.

'No player, referee or fan should have to endure abuse about their race or sexuality.

'There should be big fines and match suspensions for players, managers and supporters who wilfully use anti-gay insults.

'Stewards should be ordered to identify fans who shout homophobic abuse and the Football Association should secure the agreement of the police to arrest and charge them.'

Tatchell called for Scholes to attend a training course on homophobia if he is found to have made the remark, while also urging the Football Association to tackle the problem in the game.

The FA set up the `Football For All' scheme four years ago to make the sport as accessible as possible, encompassing a number of problem areas, including homophobia.

'The Football Association works very closely with a number of group to stamp out inappropriate behaviour in the sport,' an FA spokesperson said.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

as a poor mans foobr im lost as to where i fit into this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more bankrupt and homeless than simply "poor".

Yeah, good riddance CQ. We all hate you, and blame you for our negative tactics etc. You're rubbish for our football club.

(Apart from 02/03, where we though you were one of the reasons we won the title, and 03/04, where we thought you going to Madrid was one of the reasons we lost it).

(And yes, I've joined in the hypocrisy as well).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I think Tugay was just the Blackburn sponsors MOM. If I understand it correctly a number of clubs do similar things where a home sponsor rewards the performance of a home player specifically regardless of the result. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know that I meant the fans response was funny not the actual selection.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Clearly the Atletico scouts were there and Fergie wanted to give him a run out so he could boost the price.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're trying to offload Silvestre, and you know that the scouts of the club you're trying to offload him too are there. Surely that's more reason to not play him, so they don't see how gash he is? If you're putting Mickey in the shop window, you close the curtains just in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

PJ's argument basically 'omg we're not bankrupt yet, they're not all bad!' \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's as constructive as a Private Frazer inspired 'We're Doomed' tbh. No long term evidence to identify that either are the direction we are heading.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i think i love patrice tbh. probably go weak at the knees if i hear him talk in a no doubt sexy french accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For all that he's been great this season, he was poor defensively tonight. Simao had the better of that contest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ almighty. if you have a son, i can only hope for his sake that you never coach his team. if you seriously think tactics play no part, you officially know absolutely nothing, zip, nil, nada about the game of football.

nb: WE ARE ALL ****ING HAPPY YOU MORON </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done. At which point did I say tactics play no part?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that comment sent me over the edge, in my rage i've just made Fletch the best player in FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, better than Jones?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

christ. west ham as our last game. dunno if i could take that again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at home this time at least. added possible bonus of relegating the c**ts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oooohhhh i could live with that icon14.gif

pity they'll be down already by then.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

VdS was fine. Good in fact. His main "problems" were when the defence around him was crumbling/acting like clowns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah, we'd be sitting in the aftermath of the shoot out lottery (or worse) were it not for him.

Who will play for your reserves this week mates ?

Thinking of going. We'll get raped like - 8 first teamers against city last week, 5 internationals - and got beat 1-0.

So yeah. The amazy Richardson and Dong Fanzoo (sp) will be playing ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

never been more excited about a player signing for us than seba, remember being genuinely giddy as a school girl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same, i was so so happy. shame he turned out to be ****

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Why would be want an extra 20,000 people sat in silence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could spearhead the safe standing argument and turn the lower tier of the south stand into a convertable section allowing for safe terraces or seating. Just like they do in German icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

wouldn't expect you to understand Polack, you'd have probably been similarly distracted ogling Ronaldo's legs. the rest of us would have tried to get out of the way or block it la </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Women don't have reflexes nick.

they'll all be swipe cards as of next season.

no direct debit for cup games just credit and debit cards.

you screw up one payment they send a letter, you screw up 2 they have the right to take your ST from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived