The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

good stuff icon_smile.gif

just be happy in your depature knowing you've produced one of the most pathetic posts in the history of OTF icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, something to remember. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If Juventus do go down, would you take Vieira at United? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reluctantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gattuso would be much more welcome.

And if Kaka became available...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> REAL MADRID are poised to throw Manchester United into even greater chaos — by slapping in a £10million offer for Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze.

Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson has discovered Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to join Bayern Munich.

And the Red Devils are already resigned to losing Portugal winker Cristiano Ronaldo, who has repeatedly insisted he will not return to see out his four-year contract with the club and fancies a move to Real or Barcelona.

Now losing Heinze could leave the club reeling as the new Premiership season is less than six weeks away.

Spanish giants Real have a new president, cash to spend and need to replace left-back Roberto Carlos.

Bernabeu supremo Ramon Calderon confirmed: “Roberto Carlos has told us his intention is to leave and we will not stand in his way.

“We have a list of seven names which the management want me to buy and I have the money set aside for ALL of them.â€

Heinze, 28, who joined United for £6.9m from Paris St Germain in June 2004, knows about the possible move via his agent. And he is desperate to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quotes afb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Ideal lineups from that squad?

From what people have said about our youngsters I'd probably be tempted to try this team out...

------------ Foster ------------

Simpson ------------------- Evra

------- Evans ---- Brown -------

----- Fletcher --- Scholes -----

Eagles ------------------- Jones

---- Solskjaer ---- Rossi ------

Backups:

GK - Steele, DF - Bardsley / O'Shea, MF - Richardson / Miller / Giggs, FW - Dong

I'd also like to see them try out a reorganised midfield like Italy/Argentina's 4312 by dropping Eagles from that and putting Miller in alongside Fletcher and Jones with Scholesy sitting behind Ole and Beppe. Could work based on the full-backs having reputations for being pacey and getting forward well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd really rather Jones got time in the centre, although the 4312 system could be interesting. Eagles' last chance with us I reckon, could arguably say the same about Evra already :/.

Bit surprised Pique hasn't gone, maybe suggests he's off on loan somewhere. Surprised there's no Frazier Campbell as well. Darron Gibson would probably have gone but he's recovering from an injury iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gray: 'Sir Alex Would Accept Losing Ruud For Ronaldo'

I suspect that Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are working hard behind the scenes, setting up deals and finding out who is available. The World Cup was bound to delay matters - it always does.

It's also reasonable to assume that they are waiting on the results of Italy’s match-fixing trial. Suddenly, a player like Patrick Vieira could become available on the cheap – could he be the answer to United's midfield problem?

I think that when Sir Alex assesses his squad he'll conclude that midfield is the only department in which they are lacking. But he needs to hang on to Cristiano Ronaldo – and he will try everything in his power to do so.

Whether he regards the retention of Ruud van Nistelrooy in the same way is debatable. Sir Alex is already well stocked with strikers – there's Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha, the youngster Giuseppe Rossi is highly rated, and Alan Smith is coming back from injury. So too is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. There will be a strong temptation to cash in on Ruud.

But you can be certain that Sir Alex does not want to lose Ronaldo. If he has to lose Ruud to keep Ronaldo then I think the Manchester United manager would accept that.

Don't pay much attention to claims that the Portugal winger will be hounded out of the Premiership after his behaviour at the World Cup. The stick that Ronaldo will receive will be no worse than what he has suffered in previous seasons. He may thrive on it, too. He was booed throughout the semi-final against France...and was arguably the best player on the park.

And don't for a second think that the Old Trafford fans will boo him. The most important thing in the world to Manchester United fans is Manchester United. They will back him just like they backed David Beckham after his 1998 World Cup dismissal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

At least we get to see if Foster is any good at saving them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More importantly - Have we got anyone to take them after RVN goes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well not Foster icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dwight Yorke concedes he is unsure if he will fulfil the final year of his contract in Australia with Sydney FC.

The veteran attacker proved a big hit down under last season and helped Sydney to finish the campaign as champions.

But an impressive World Cup showing for Trinidad & Tobago has put Yorke back on the radar of European clubs, with Plymouth Argyle having decided a bid would be too expensive.

Yorke has other offers in the pipeline and the 34-year-old is uncertain whether he will be playing for Terry Butcher's side in the coming campaign.

"You just never know in football," admitted Yorke.

"I'll be quite honest, there is interest as we speak, but it's not for me to discuss that.

"I signed a two-year contract and my obligation is to fulfil that. Whether that continues or not I don't know."

The former Manchester United star has returned for training with Sydney, whose chief executive Tim Parker remains hopeful of hanging on to Yorke.

Parker said: "We have every intention of retaining him for the season and defending the championship with him.

"It's flattering that there's a lot of interest in him and not unexpected given his terrific performances.

"But as far as we're concerned, we hope that he's on board for the entire season.

"I think we have answered the one question of 'Is he coming back?'" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snap him up fergie..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I've not read all of that last 3 pages, so this may have been talked about, but we really do need another midfielder - one that can actually tackle / break-up play.

Guess this points towards a 3 man central midfield? Or Scholes being pushed wide / forward? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Mark would argue yes and yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

It's just one step from here to Gerrard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ian Rush as our RvN replacement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

haha including welshmen, scousers and geordies as "homegrown" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in-fecking-deed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

by the way, what are people from leeds who basically bleed strongbow called? other than otter kernts obv. leedsians? yorkshirists?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man i am starting to believe more and more that Saha is an absolute crap/pants/horrible/horrendous finisher. How many 1 on 1's has he missed so far this season? 10? Actually, has he scored any 1 on 1's so far because it seems the guy is incapable of scoring a simple goal icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Ole with pretty much impeccable taste there icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So true icon_biggrin.gif

Even if I wanted to hate him for something there's be nothing I could choose

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

alilaw, you could probably go to a lot of the games, but you'd have to fork out £50 and be in the 'Manchester suite' and all that turd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Padded chairs! Wow, I bet there'd be a brilliant atmosphere in that area.

balls, you know what I mean.

40% of my post count is made up of correcting my own mistakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

40% of Ryan's is made by having a go at me correcting my mistakes, if he did yours as well he could be retired by next Christmas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i think oshea is a really popular member of the squad. loads of players that leave always seem to say that theyre still in contact with him (sheasy this, sheasy that) so ive decided hes brought on to tell the lads a few jokes and keep spirits high.

wp jos, unsung hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's what he's in for, maybe we should go the whole hog and hire the real Peter Kay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JOS' shirts would be a bit baggy on him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

It wouldn't be ****ing awesome. It'd be rubbish. I want nothing but pain for other English clubs in Europe, ESPECIALLY Liverpool (who btw are pretty much definately through now).

In fact the only reason I wouldn't mind Arsenal going through is I reckon they'd do Liverpool over 2 legs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said, when it comes to the other English clubs in Europe I want them to lose as soon as possible, they can go to hell.

Never have and never will understand the logic in supporting a team that in all other matches you hate, similar to one of my main reasons for not supporting the national team.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I am considerably redder than yowwwww

how's Rossi doing for ItalyU21s? is he playing?

has Richardson broken his leg yet? WHY DOES HE NEVER GET INJURED icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi is playing not done much though, Richardson has wasted a couple of free-kicks and shot wide a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ps everyone ignore pires ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already do.

That was awful, and predictable. And i only saw the second half, which apparently was far better than the first.

Oh and Jonny, are you inbred? I don't mean it as an insult, just i'm wondering how many fingers you've got on those hands, because it must be an awful lot to cope with the number of times O'Shea gave away the ball in the game i was watching. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point was that he had a good game. He even scored again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what your point was. Mine was that i disagreed with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that supposed to mean? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

At this stage with the injuries is it more a concern about the injuries either being exacerbated or recurring or is match fitness also an issue?

I would assume that having played most of the season they’d be helped by a slight period of down time and feeling fresher than they might have done otherwise. Also being professionals I can’t envisage Gary, Vidic or Rio’s base fitness level diminishing that far despite their lack of match practice. But then I guess you can never just “throw†someone back into the fray and expect them to be tip top.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1079900/Peep-Show-Series...Box-Set/Product.html

buy it NOW </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, good price, haven't bought any new DVDs for ages so maybe I deserve to treat myself for getting clean...really off now...cheers for the link Mart.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

what do you make of this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Milan coach ridicules Reds style

AC Milan Carlo Ancelotti has labelled Liverpool the worst technically-gifted of the three English sides to reach the Champions League semi-finals.

Ancelotti has also accused the Reds of abandoning their English roots ahead of their Champions League final on 23 May.

"Technically, Liverpool are the worst team of the three English sides who reached the semi-finals," he said.

"But out of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, I'd have preferred United in the final."

He added: "You could see from the two legs of our semi-final with them that they play and let you play. I don't think it will be the same with Liverpool."

AC Milan were beaten by the Anfield side in the 2005 final in the competition after Liverpool came back from 3-0 down to draw level at 3-3 and then win on penalties.

Genarro Gattuso has already taunted the Reds by claiming they are not as good as Manchester United and Ancelotti has stoked the fires further with his latest comments.

He delivered a barb at counterpart Rafael Benitez and a policy he sees as decreasing the number of English players in the team.

"Milan are a strong Italian team. there is a strong Italian culture running through the team." said Ancelotti.

"Liverpool do not have the DNA of an English side. It is more of a Mediterranean team because of the coach."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty Much spot on icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not sure what to make of it really.

on the one hand its a compliment, as it implies we are the most expansive and exciting team to watch, and the best team in england as proved icon_cool.gif

on the other hand it also implies that teams dont mind facing us in the latter stages as there is a way to beat us so to speak, largely because we dont play so much to negate the other team's strong points, rather playing to our own.

kind of sums up the conundrum of our european trials and tribulations under fergie imo, play to our strengths and be easier to beat / less successful or change our style of play to a liverpool type brand and become mundane and boring, but perhaps more successful?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived