The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

What Mika said really, if he wants to go then yeah he's a twat for that but yesterday was nothing to do with Man Utd as he was playing for his country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only good thing to come out of yesterday was my Utd fan mates seeing what a complete twat he is when you play against him

If he does stay I can't believe I have to wait until our last home match to boo him icon_frown.gif

Oh and that newspaper picture is fb, i'm surprised they haven't got shoot on sight printed on it aswell icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Evra never signed afaik </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wasting your time. He's banned, he can't read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vengeance for his thread title \o/

Silvestre is just a popular scapegoat, yeah he had a bad patch but he was in great form for the last few months of the season, is experienced and is still useful for us imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great form is a pretty big exaggeration. He had a few games where he looked competent, generally against weak opposition, mixed in with some typically hapless performances. Remember the final game of the season? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

remember Chelsea as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually don't. I spent the last of my student loan on expensive memory-erasing treatment after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they erase the bit of your memory telling you to get a job as well?

yeah that's another thing... it's not great having Ruud shipped off when our midfield is actually in crisis and there's still no sign of it being resolved

Creating new problems in other areas of the squad is the last thing we need. Let's just hope Rio doesn't look at Fergie funny too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

United say the clubs haven't agreed a fee over Ruud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

what's going on ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madrid trying to force United's hand.

Same pathetic gutter tactics they always use when buying players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, United have allowed him to travel for a medical, but have not agreed a fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats as maybe, but the fact that he's going there, and we havent agreed a fee means theres pressure on both sides to sort something out.

Madrid basically trying to get us to accept a lower deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Another Brit stag party claimed Ferdinand

was a "top fella" who told them 'I don't care

if any Mancs are listening... I'd go back to West

Ham at the drop of a hat - I ****ing loved

the place.' There are 21 days until the start

of the new season.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you spend too much time on ri </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

popbitch, young'un

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

We're all gonna be ok fellas. Turns out Spurs are crap again. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

And because i am still bored.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Our Strikers - Goals/Games in all competitions for us.

Games Sub

Started Appearences Goals Ratio

Wayne Rooney 82 10 38 0.41

Giuseppe Rossi 5 7 4 0.33

Louis Saha 44 25 26 0.38

Ole Solskjaer 203 133 116 0.35

Van Nistelrooy 200 19 150 0.68

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If I get a Celtic ticket that is. Sold out o nthe site now but I havn't hada regret e-mail. Will check my bank at some point on Tuesday I imagine.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I applied, I think it said that for cup games, the rejection e-mails aren't sent out until 3-4 days before the game so I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It's more about possibly starting one or just having a bit of a splash & dash rather than holding one down tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome ill look forward to hearing the details.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex expects tight title race

Sir Alex Ferguson expects this season's title race to run right to the wire after seeing all the top four contenders drop points so far this season.

United lost their 100 per cent record with the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal at the weekend, prompting the Reds boss to predict a tighter-than-ever championship.

"It is a very tough league," the United manager told MUTV. "Chelsea have lost a game, Liverpool have lost two and Arsenal have lost one and now so have we. It shows you the measure of the Premiership now. It is not going to be easy.

"The Premiership will be decided by the results between the top teams. The games between those sides will be real six-pointers."

United and Chelsea are level on 12 points in second and third place respectively, while Arsenal are on five points in 10th place and Liverpool are languishing in 15th on four points.

But Sir Alex won't rule out their challenge to Chelsea's crown and says the eventual champions will have had to fight tooth and nail for the title.

"Nobody ever wins this league and says it was easy," he added. "But it's going to be difficult this year." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

ps

hope vidic murders you while you sleep snipers.

no, better. hope he wakes you up just to show you your beating heart in his hand before you expire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because he LOOKS like a Bond villain's evil Ukrainian sidekick does not mean he's as hard as a Bond villain's evil Ukrainian sidekick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

from what I've seen Rio has been absolutely fffb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, he has.

That bit early in the second half where he made the saving tackle, kept the ball in and fed it to Evra was ffffffffbbbbbb.

personally bling im not complaining about larsson at all. its a shrewd deal and could prove to be a very good signing. provided he isnt seen as the answer. also its the timing of his move, at the start of january rather than now, that is a bit unfortunate as otherwise he could slot in right now when we are in most need of reinforcements up front.

the larsson deal in itself gets a thumbs up from me

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

ah man I bet away games are fffffffb icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're from London, you should get away tickets off BBB, as from what i've seen on this thread he is the ticketmaster. Plenty of away games down sarf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Martin is like Henry, he chokes for the big games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poor ananolgy icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Reading W

Newcastle W

Villa W

Arsenal L

Watford W

Spurs W

Charlton W

Fulham W

Bolton W

Blackburn W

Pompey D

Sheff Utd W

Boro W

Everton W

Citeh W

West Ham W

Chelsea L

Liverpool D

Points - 95

Chelsea

Fulham W

Villa W

Wigan W

Liverpool D

Blackburn W

Charlton W

Boro W

Citeh W

Sheff Utd W

Watford W

Spurs W

West Ham W

Newcastle W

Bolton W

Arsenal L

Everton W

Man Utd W

Points - 96

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Fergie praise for Rio

Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken in glowing terms about Rio Ferdinand's displays this season, declaring himself to be absolutely delighted with the England defender's contribution.

Manchester United's attacking prowess has been universally hailed this season but their title aspirations have been founded on a rock solid defence.

At the heart of their rearguard Ferdinand has been a model of consistency, with his blossoming partnership with Nemanja Vidic arguably the Premiership's finest.

Ferguson is one such admirer of the talented duo, reserving special praise for Ferdinand, who is set to make his 200th appearance for United against Charlton on Saturday.

"Rio has been fantastic for us this season. I've been delighted with him," Ferguson told the club's official website.

"I have only rested him for one game, against Wigan. But centre-halves can play more games. I don't think the number of matches will affect him one bit because he is a strong athlete.

"He has always had a fantastic talent, balance and his use of the ball is excellent. His technique is probably the best in the game for a defender. His concentration has improved.

"Rio and Vidic have formed a really good partnership and they can get better because they are young enough. They will be the foundation of the defence for years to come." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

but i mean you can get tickets easier than me. I only have one other United mate who's willing to travel with me, even to OT.

I'm jealous of any Manc, but wasn't last night. Talking to a few at half time and they weren't getting home til 4/5am this morning and then had to work icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ruud on Ronaldo from RI:

For me it would be good if he came here.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leave off our best players you horse faced over rated one dimensional has been goal scoring machine

icon_mad.gif

just to put an end to the ruud love in

christ this is just shocking journalism from the times

clicky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rooney wasted four good chances of the sort he used to deem routine, and his frustration got the better of him early in the second half when, through on goal and flagged offside, he thrashed the ball into the crowd, injuring a middle-aged woman. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Waiting for the tram at Piccadilly yesterday to get to Bury we got asked by several different people how they get to Old Trafford was quite sad really icon_frown.gif

Also one had a manc accent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got asked how to get to the willows. had no idea icon_frown.gif

just pointed in the general direction of langworthy and said 'try that way mate'. he was surprisingly grateful, all things considered. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty spot on, it's just up weaste lane.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to make a sensational summer move for Michael Owen.

Sir Alex Ferguson has focused his search for a striker on Newcastle's 27-year-old England star, who has a £12million release clause in his contract.

Owen has been out with a serious knee injury since last summer's World Cup finals but scored in a friendly game against Gretna last week.

Pleading

He has been pleading with Toon boss Glenn Roeder for a chance in the first-team and could make his comeback against Chelsea next week.

Ferguson will only launch a bid if he is fully satisfied Owen has recovered from the knee operation.

A well-placed United source told us: "It is no secret that Sir Alex wants another striker and he is bound to be attracted by someone of Owen's pedigree at such a competitive price. Naturally we would have to be certain he has recovered from his injury and that is why his return will be closely monitored.

"Ideally we want to see him in action for several games between now and the end of the season."

United's interest is certain to appeal to Owen, even though he still feels a debt to Newcastle after they paid £16m to sign him from Real Madrid nearly two years ago.

Owen still has his main home in the north-west, near Chester, even though he has a property in the north-east.

He is itching to get back into Premiership action and has also earmarked England's Euro Championship qualifier against Estonia in June for his international return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fabio's nothing like Gaby either from what i've heard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said a combination of him and Paddy. He's good in the air while having the Paddy attributes when going forward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AS long as the combination isn't the other way round.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight lads, season over, moping after saturday mostly over, time for our annual awards SPECTACULAR

you all (mostly) know the drill - categories are below, please try and vote in all categories and by all means give reasons. once you've deliberated, cogitated, masticated etc, email your votes to unitedawards2007@gmail.com, making sure your OTF username is present in the email somewhere, preferably in the subject line. voting will be provisionally open until the weekend, but if we can get everyone's votes in sooner then all the better.

United Thread Player of the Year:

Young Player of the Year:

Reserve Player of the Year:

Worst Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Most Disappointing Player:

Best Team Performance:

Best Individual Performance:

Worst Team Performance:

Favourite Moment:

Worst Moment:

Biggest Disappointment:

Funniest Moment:

Goal of the Season:

Favourite Game:

Best Decision:

Worst Decision:

Best Chant/Song:

Best Away Fans:

Worst Away Fans:

Best Away Trip:

3 Players to Sign:

3 Players to Go:

Most Looking Forward to Next Year:

United Thread User of the Year:

United Thread Worst User:

United Thread Most Improved User:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

few clarifications:

* young player is for those aged 21 and under (for the first time in years it won't be ronaldo vs rooney) and is for players who have been at the club this season (i.e. no loanees, sorry Taz).

* worst player is for the outright worst player, whereas most disappointing player is for the player who has fallen below his usual standards.

* worst moment is for an individual moment in time that was particularly awful (a late goal conceded etc), biggest disappointment is more general.

* best/worst decision can be interpreted as you wish - a managerial decision, a club decision, a refereeing decision etc

* 3 players to sign = the three players you'd most like us to bring in. realism is desirable. 3 players to go is obviously the three you want to see shipped out.

right, that's it. go vote </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

come on you twats, vote

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived