The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Like any other transfer Rats? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really tbf. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Excellent, that's probably the best news of the thread so far. Not good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are we still talking about Keyser's suicide here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stop dulling up the thread ffs. go open a "Saga" thread and banter with Rob fcol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, 'cos it was roaring along before that post icon_biggrin.gif

And how much older than you am I? 6 months? icon_biggrin.gif

i dont get it guys i keep thinking i am being obvious this must not be the case or you just having alaugh at my expense either way

as long as the fans will countinue to go to games and OT will be full the glazers will not invest they want to make money not spend it as soon as there will be adrop in attendance they will have no choice but untill then we...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I'm not sure if Carrick is the most suitable liquid to be put in said glass, but I guess we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's the non-alcoholic portion of the cocktail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that would make Ronaldo the paper umbrella.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ruud's performances over the two legs against Real Madrid were in the same league as Keane against Juventus for me.

*waits to be hammered* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but we didnt win? am i missing something here?

kind of defies the point of comparing one of the greatest individual performances from one of our players in the last 10 years to an individual performance in which the individual didn't lead the team to victory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Irrelevant to me, I'm not saying it was just as good or better, but pretty damn close. In the same league but a lower place, ie second on goal difference icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Club's pride at extended stadium

FAPL Chairman opens £43m extension as MU legend Sir Bobby Charlton buries a 50 year time capsule

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was in the capsule ?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw lads was I right on the silvestre costing us a goalscoring chance thing?

surely he did

thats his "thing" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaha

I knew it icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

ask for a transfer you curly haired freak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poor Matt icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Wouldn't it be rather funny if in 10/20 minutes an 11:59pm deals went through for Hargreaves and Torres. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be funnier if no one cheered because all the mancs had already slit their wrists and bled out in a manc pub toilet

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fletcher accepts criticism as part of football

Darren Fletcher has shrugged off the critics who condemned him last term, insisting taking flak is all part of being a Manchester United player.

The Scotland international bore the brunt of fans' anger last term when results started to go against the Old Trafford.

Forgetting the youngster's tender years, supporters targeted Fletcher rather than looking for failing in others whose reputation promised more than it actually delivered.

Sir Alex Ferguson was forced to defend the Edinburgh-born midfielder on more than one occasion, even if he also admitted Fletcher suffered a mid-season blip which coincided with United's miserable early elimination from the Champions League.

Just as Ferguson suggested though, Fletcher appears to have matured over the summer and while the 22-year-old cannot be yet regarded as an integral part of United's first-choice line-up, his four appearances so far this term have all been effective, including Wednesday night's effort against Celtic.

'Taking criticism is part and parcel of football,' he said. 'What you have to try to do is focus on your own game and improve.

'As a player, every season is important at this club. If players stand still, so does the team. And Manchester United does not stand still.

'I know there will be times when I do play, and others when I don't.

'All I can do is try my best and hope to impress the manager.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mon the fletch icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Should have been sent off. In fact he should have been sent off for handling the ball outside the box as it prevented Rooney getting a shot in o ngoal. Doesn't matter if the ball was on the line or not as Poll gave the decision so surely it should have been red?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Dont be silly mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I've got no problems with FC themselves, nor really with the supporters, though i'll never actually fully understand their reasons, i can to an extent see where they came from.

Hating FC United just seems pointless to me. utterly pointless. I don't really care one way or the other about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi u tit, remember me? you should care more about cardiff than these scum ***** u glory supporting sheep shagger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aaaaaaaah, it's everyone's favourite txt-speaking knuckle dragger

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ross.89:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we are aye, 7.45 SS1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope they dont have Lovejoy this time. The amount of er's and ah's got on my nerves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he's not a natural at the serious presenting lark is he. If he did it as Lovejoy from Soccer AM it'd probably be better tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some people are definitely suited to a certain kind of show. I find Jeff on monday nights really irritating but think he is a god on soccer saturdays.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dips:

Would any of you lot bet on Man Utd to win the CL @ 12/1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently at lunchtime today we're having a Manchester United panto, SSN first with the big news. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh we've had the panto quite a few times already. When Keiran Richardson pulls on the United shirt.

Got my mid-season ack from One United today.

Made me laugh reading the letter.

"We want to remind you that as a One United member you automatically qualify for a place on the season ticket waiting list. You may think you'll never be lucky enough to get your hands on one, but with the recent expansion of the stadium to over 76,000 you've more chance now than ever before!"

Yeah because getting a season ticket this year if you wanted one was hard wasn't it icon_biggrin.gif

right, stats are imminent, few issues to resolve:

- blame for reo-coker's goal last week

- what foot he scored that goal with (i've not seen it yet :/)

- what foot Ronaldo tapped his second in with today (think it was his right)

also, let's have some more motm vurts

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

U up 4 gab trans 2 u 4 hargs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

9 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

took me ages to get that icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're getting old.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyway guys, you've been great as usual. my turn to do the nappy so i'm off.

(ps, I dreamt last night that we actually got a draw at Shamfield, we were 3-0 down after 5 minutes and scored 3 penalties in the 88th, 89th & 90th minutes after O'Shea swallow dives. Bizarre. Moral? Don't put SMA in your tea before bed.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

could one of you student types possibly pop into a bookies for me and find out the odds on us winning the League. The FA Cup against City and the Champions League against Liverpool?

It's 8.0 on betfair at the moment, but thats just for the treble. Wouldn't mind knowing what the odds are if the finalists are named. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it doesnt get lost.

I know the student types are probably still in their beds so may miss it at the bottom of the page.

Hahaha bookies have us as 2nd favourites for the CL icon_biggrin.gif

Such a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many of the other teams are top of their domestic leagues?

or more importantly, how many will attract more bets than us in this country? in fact who is first? Milan I assume?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Larsson given fond farewell

Henrik Larsson bid farewell to United after the 2-2 FA Cup quarter final draw with Middlesbrough, but urged his team-mates to go on and win as many trophies as possible this season.

Sir Alex Ferguson said the 35-year-old was given an emotional send-off from the players in the dressing room after the game, with the Swedish forward giving some positive words of advice to his now former colleagues.

“I said bye to most of the lads, but I’m going to see them all on Tuesday [for the charity match] so I didn’t want to make too much out of it,†he said.

“I wished the players all the best for the rest of the season. Hopefully they are going to win something and I will be watching every game from Sweden, so that’s going to be great.

“All they can do is stay in all the competitions. As long as United are still in the cup there is a chance of winning it.

“Everything is possible, but it’s important that the lads focus on one competition at a time, and not think too much about what the other teams are doing.â€

The Swede said that although the draw against Boro means one more fixture, the performance showed resilience as well as quality.

“It was an entertaining game, a typical cup tie,†he told MUTV. “We started out very well today and scored inside half an hour.

“Unfortunately they came back at us at half time. But you can’t expect anything else when you’re playing a cup match. The other team will always give it their all.

“We showed great character in coming back into the match. We have a lot of quality in this side and we showed that not only can we play football but we don’t give up easily either.â€

Larsson scored three goals in 13 matches for the Reds since joining on loan from Helsingborg in January, but despite much talk of an extended stay he will definitely be going back to Sweden after Tuesday’s Jubilee Charity Match, for which he will play against United in Marcello Lippi’s Europe XI side.

He revealed that his short but sweet stay at Old Trafford surpassed all his expecations.

“It’s been a pleasure playing for this club,†he said. “I don’t have anything to complain about – the club, the fans, the players have been fantastic. It’s been even better than I thought it would be. You have some hopes when you first arrive, but this was exceptional.â€

Sir Alex added his own personal tribute after the match, declaring Larsson "a real credit to the game."

"He was superb against Middlesbrough," he declared. "He's done very well for us and is a real credit to the game.

"He got a great reception from all the players in the dressing room after the match which was very emotional. We've done everything we can to persuade him to stay, but he's going back to Sweden and we wish him well." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a guy, as Jimlad said, privilege to see him wear our shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, entertaining the fans deserves injury imo. disgusting.

interesting how its not being made a deal out of despite it being the sort of tackle that was obviously intended to injury the player hence the straight red. not sure if thats because its the brave young english player doing what all us gritty, brave englishmen would like to do to those p*ss taking foreigners or if its because its ronaldo, the little winker who obv deserves it.

england the smallest of small time countries.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Great game icon14.gif Was reasonably happy with 2-2 in that we didn't get humped and would have still had a chance in the next game. In a weird way, I hope the winner doesn't affect how we approach the return leg. We're at our best when playing flowing, attacking football and at our worst when trying to employ some sort of catenaccio style.

Again Fletch and Carrick were immense tonight - although that was helped by Gattuso going off. Ronnie was 'only' good tonight. He seemed to almost be trying a little too hard at times and taking one touch to many but after his season so far I can excuse him one non man of the match performance! The Rooney winner was excellent, and to be fair he shot so quickly Dida didn't have a chance. From memory, wasn't is very similar to a (fat) Ronaldo goal against us a few years back?

Finally, I really don't get the goons who started leaving at 90 mins. I don't care how busy the traffic is, I don't care how nagging your wife is, it's a European Cup semi final ffs, they don't come around that often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your'e thinking of the one for Real Madrid (part of his hatrick), yeah a bit similar but Ronaldo was ata much tighter angle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying you have to buy English and so forth, I was just making the point that his international record for sumone who is apprantly sh!te is still good and that by sayin Owen is rubbish I take it you rate no other English strikers.

Anelka though? Mmm a fair point,possibly a problem causer though,although maybe he's grown out of that hasnt been many rumblings of discontent at the reebok has there. If I was SAF i'd go for Etoo if i could, although maybe after the disharmony at Barca this season Frguson may not go for him. Wouldnt go for Torres either, been talked about for years but never seems teo do anything spectacular.

Archived