The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

[18] Guardian on Ribery

Thursday, June 22, 2006

'Manchester United and Arsenal have failed in their attempts to persuade Franck Ribéry to become a Premiership player. Alhough the France international wants a transfer from Marseille - who are ardently resisting it - he will not go to England. Instead he will seek to engineer a move to the French champions Lyon, who have been in dispute with Marseille over him. "I wish to stay in France for two or three more seasons," said the 23-year-old. "For the wellbeing of my family and to play at the highest level, Lyon represents the ideal club for that. The challenge they offer me is more than interesting. Lyon is clearly my priority for next season." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

nick icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LET ME DREAM icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

well that's breaking news. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry was just thinking maybe thats why fergie has been so quiet in the market. Also RVN's sale should free up some money to go after the players he really wants. Carrick is way over priced </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's too obvious ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Eboue isn't/wasn't average but he wasn't the best young player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imo he was better than Dawson but as i said thats just an opinion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep it is your opinion and it is wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

*snip*

Stuff about China

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*snip*

More stuff about China </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, 60 years might be a long time but... okay, rather than subject everyone to this we'll just have to agree to disagree on everything apart from the Mascherano issue.

the 01-02 season was all about geting rid of stam and with no real replacement it has ruined what was suposed to be agreat season for the club

and before you all have ago at sir alex for that just remember the treatment mutu got from chelsea and ask yourself just how much was kenyon involved in stam's departure?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If we don't sign anyone and finish 2nd I'll buy the following a pint

Keyser

James07?

NickOGS20?

Mika (well a coke)

JulesMUFC

Coldberg

Bagpuss

Rcjuk (shandy)

markg

Redblood

Blaine

Acou2000

Alansmithifb14

any of the other reg's I've missed off that can get to OT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you owe half a brewery to Bagpuss anyway icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fergie hails starlet Evans

Stuart Brennan

RISING STAR: Jonathan Evans

RISING STAR: Jonathan Evans

JONNY Evans can return from his season's loan with Royal Antwerp and start to push for a first-team place at Old Trafford.

That was the belief of Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who is convinced the teenage centre-half can be the latest in an illustrious line of Ulstermen to play for the Reds - from Jackie Blanchflower through George Best to Sammy McIlroy and Norman Whiteside.

Ferguson also has high hopes for Eccles lad Danny Simpson and midfielder Lee Martin who, like Evans, have made a big impression during high-profile games in pre-season.

Advertisement your story continues below

Belfast-born Evans, who is 18, has caught the eye most, scoring in a friendly at Celtic and looking mature and sharp in the South Africa tour and last weekend's Amsterdam Tournament. Now he is to head off for a year at United's associate club Royal Antwerp in the Belgian second division.

Ferguson, normally cautious in his praise of up-and-coming talents, said: "Jonny has been here since he was 12 years of age. We have an academy in Belfast which has produced some terrific young players for us, and the scouting system in that part of the country has been very, very good to us.

"Jonny has wonderful composure, temperament, balance and stature and in a year's time he will be absolutely outstanding.

"I think he will play for Northern Ireland in the next year and a half, even though he is only 18. And I am 100 per cent certain he will be a Manchester United player."

Simpson is a year older than Evans, but there is already talk within Old Trafford that he will challenge fellow Salfordian Phil Bardsley for the right to be Gary Neville's natural successor at right back.

Ferguson, speaking at the launch of the Manchester United Premier Cup this week, said: "Danny is a local boy from Salford which has been a great breeding-ground for us over the past few decades. Danny has the potential to be an outstanding player. For a young boy he is a natural defender, with great speed. Our plan is to farm him out to Royal Antwerp along with Jonny."

Martin is a different case - he already had first-team experience with Wimbledon as a 16-year-old before joining United for an initial fee of £200,000 which could rise to £1m depending on his success. Last season he made his United first-team debut in the Carling Cup tie with Barnet.

Now 19, the Somerset lad usually plays up and down the left flank, and is also expected to go out on loan next week, with Rangers first in the queue to sign him.

"We signed Lee from Wimbledon two years ago, and he cost us some money, but we are now seeing why he cost us money.

"He came here for the final year of his schooling and then went into our academy. He will be farmed out this week to another club for six months to give him experience." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I'm a better centre-forward than a midfielder, everyone knows that," he said. "I can play as a decent midfield player when the game is rough and tumble and 100 miles an hour. But when teams dropped off and you had to be the catalyst and keep moving the ball, that's when I found it more difficult. I believe I can be as good a centre-forward as I want to be." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, Smudger so fb. I was saying pretty much exactly that the other night when we were reminiscing about the Chelsea win icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mauriceg:

roflmao - Hargreaves? For 17m? Looks like you lot have been mugged again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A grown man (allegedly) using roflmao? Blimey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

And people say that the United thread hasn't got worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is the new ultimate top trumps killer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a play off between him and mark goodguy as our next entrant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

i just love to spice this place up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, being a moron doesn't = spicing this place up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now why am i being a moron?

because i give my honest opinion and dont give a damn about what you think about it icon_mad.gif

how many of you were in favor of smith moving from leeds to our great club ? not many i would think and ? now

so for all i care you can go and get a **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't want Smith because he was Leeds through and through and we didnt know whether his blood and guts performances were because of his love for the club or his natural game. He was a talented player, who, despite hating, we had a grudging respect for.

I was one of the people who didnt want him, however, i and most of the others who were against it at the time all said the same thing, if he can put in the performances for us, that he could for Leeds then he'd be a good buy. He did, thats why we have so easily and readily accepted him.

Barton is crap. He's an overated clogger playing in an overated team for an overated manager. There is no begruding respect for him. There is nothing to his game that would make him a good addition to our club. Anybody who can't see that really should give up on supporting the club because they show themselves to be utterly clueless.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

right, i was out all last night (omgz) so i didn't see the game but... we started with a 4-3-3? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was that or play Richardson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

im not voting outside my region in the quals icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never voting for you again.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Giggsy did improve second half. He was irritatingly over-elaborate first-half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may explain it then seeing as I saw nothing of the 1st 45 mins icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've offered to pay the 3% booking fee before ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what 3% charge that only applies to aways and i pass on FULL costs for those anyway cos you always forget the P&P

this surcharge can go towards the interest i have to pay getting your tickets

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Christ, i'm glad i wasn't on these forums in 1999. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cue a huge sigh of relief from those around in '99 then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shut it gummy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The most satisfying thing this season has to be the spirit at the club though, a definite togetherness that we haven't quite had since 02/03. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*lights blue touchpaper

That's very true. It's almost like there was some sort of cancer in the dressing room that was removed in the summer.

*retreats to safe distance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnson8:

Anyone with any updates on the youth cup match? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

0-0 at H/T, but that was a while ago now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, any chance with goal updates etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James B:

bit of thanks our way guys icon_wink.gif , we got an important result for you holding arsenal the last time you won the title and we did well for you today.

seems foobr may have been psychic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahahaha his website is blanked out icon_biggrin.gif

That may just be the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Well done SI icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So they could make a claim for Smudger based on his long road to recovery after his horrific injury? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Just depends if the administration twats see any sense or not.

• 2 weeks later...

When we did our top 10 United players the top 7 were all different nationalities:

Cantona

Scholes

Keane

Ole

Giggs

Hughes

Schmeichel

and if you took out Robson and Neville who came in next you'd have:

Van Nistelrooy

Kanchelskis

Irwin

Yorke

The 11th nationality would be McClair who came in after Cole, Rooney, Beckham and Bruce.

Archived