The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

So has the Question Mark got a value and status all of its own now, like a Blue Peter badge?

And by that token, could it be sold on eBay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having your '?' affords you pretty much the same status as wearing your blue peter badge around school would have done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You get bullied for being a geek? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Sorry, was I being too subtle for you?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Asked if the promised signings and that of Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy would now happen, Calderon replied: 'It seems so. We want to get them here as soon as possible so that we can start the pre-season with them.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mon Torres

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Todays announcement is that the 2 clubs are merging into one.

The fans would love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A 100,000 seater super stadium in Warrington

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

christ icon_biggrin.gif

they're free because it's a load of fat blokes against another load of fat blokes who are all dreaming of the beer and bacon sarnies in the pub afterwards. FC might not exactly be league standard but there's a decent level of football there, and from what I gather it is a great 'craic', regardless of how cringeworthy you irrelevantly deem the word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compared to the no marks who could never make it at a professional level dreaming of what used to be...How many anti-Glazer songs are there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What in Eric's name are you babbling in about?

How many anti-Glazer songs? What does that matter? Probably a darn sight more than there are at Old Trafford, more's the pity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Lovely touhc that from the little tiny wee fella upfront. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi you, darts icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

Finally got my One United pack this morning icon_cool.gif

Anyone else got theres? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me as well. About fricking time as well!

Got Sir Bobby C on my membership card. Thought it was Dennis Law at first! The man looks weird with hair.

Almost dismissed the bottle opener but now that you've informed that it does United chants I will now proceed to break it out.

I'm toying with the idea of making a late play for the Fulham game, need to see how much work I get done in the next few days to justify the trip though.

Number of votes

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Cantona 30

Scholes 29

Ole 28

Keane 25

Giggs 22

Neville 18

Schmiechel 17

Hughes 16

Robson 12

Van Nistelrooy 12

Irwin 11

Kanchelskis 8

Rooney 8

Stam 8

Yorke 7

Beckham 7

Cole 6

Bruce 5

McClair 5

Strachan 4

Whiteside 4

Sheringham 3

Heinze 3

Sharpe 3

Pallister 2

Silvestre 2

Van Der Gouw 2

Butt 2

Johnsen 2

Ferdinand 2

Best 1

Coppell 1

McGrath 1

Webb 1

Charlton 1

Cryuff 1

Veron 1

Brown 1

Ince 1

Macari 1

May 1

Blomquist 1

Moses 1

Ronaldo 1

Saha 1

Stiles 1

Twiss 1 </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

All say 6 million euros which is about £4m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it is, it was confirmed yesterday by the Bayern board that a fee of ca.6million € was paid

and

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Die Ablöse für den niederländischen Nationalspieler, der bei Barcelona keinen Stammplatz hatte, liegt bei sechs Millionen Euro. Van Bommel soll die Lücke im Mittelfeld schließen, die Michael Ballack nach seinem Wechsel zum englischen Meister FC Chelsea hinterlassen hatte. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically saying the transfer fee is 6 million euros, and he will fill the void left by Ballack

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

Alright lads.. do you guys want Hayden Mullins on loan for the year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha piping up despite the fact his club is nothing but a creche for chelsea icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate.. whens Hargreaves signing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you win something next? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Manchester United 2006/07 Scoring and Assists Charts

Last Updated: 14.10.06 (After the Wigan Game)

Name Goals Name Assists

Louis Saha 6 Louis Saha 4

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 5 Ryan Giggs 3

Ryan Giggs 2 Wayne Rooney 3

Cristiano Roanldo 2 Wesley Brown 2

Wayne Rooney 2 Cristiano Ronaldo 2

Darren Fletcher 1 John O'Shea 1

Mikael Silvestre 1 Ji Sung Park 1

Nemanja Vidic 1 Paul Scholes 1

Nemanja Vidic 1

Own Goals 1

</pre>

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Are you and Matt having some kind of pessimism duel to the death?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. He'll win though. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

And Fletch has always been, and will always be immense icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I have a feeling Lampard is going to get injured tonight. I hope its long-term if my senses are correct. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea players never get injured. Ever.

Especially Lampard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Nick, you never replied when i suggested Heinze should have an affg for Chelsea. Have you decided that one is settled as no fault, or is it still up for debate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

must have missed that. i'm more than willing to go with that if it's the general conscensus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i don't know if it was or not to be honest, i can't remember if there was much debate on it at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richie J:

Nick:

Kerrea Gilbert's been out injured for a while now. Dislocated his shoulder in the first week of November. He was supposed to be back in training soon, but I'm assuming Simpson is being brought in to fill the gap. Gilbert was fffffb though, so Simpson will really have to go some in order to keep his place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't Gilbert play for Arsenal? :/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Queiroz waits on big offer

Carlos Queiroz admits he would only return to Portugal to coach one of the big clubs.

The Manchester United assistant manager's contract expires at the end of the season and he is unsure about his future.

He is waiting to learn whether Sir Alex Ferguson wants to keep him at Old Trafford, while he is open to a return to Portugal.

However, Queiroz concedes that he would only be tempted to go home if one of the country's leading clubs made him an offer.

"In June my deal finishes and it will have been three years for me," Queiroz told O Jogo.

"Whether I stay or not depends on the decision of Alex and the new owners. Also I may decide to leave the club for other projects.

"I wait to accept a big project. Initially I left Portugal for six months and now it has been 11 years.

"I have still not received a spectacular project for me to reject the option (of returning to Portugal)."

Queiroz is in his second spell as Ferguson's number two and had recently been linked with the USA national team coaching post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't realise his contract was up.

hmm yeah... from his City days I'd have taken SWP but he really doesnt seem to have moved on at all. no doubt that's not helped by the fact he rarely plays.

anyway - that along with the fact we'd undoubtedly have to pay Chelsea LOADS means he's a No No.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

We beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in the F.A Youth cup 5th round. Houston & Brandy with the goals.

Home tie against Barnsley or Birmingham in the quarter final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Hewson, we have a problem' doesn't have the same ring to it, but that's his name icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought i'd never heard of Houston which is what both commentators were saying all night.

• 1 month later...

haha, you're reading way too much into it. I've seen several of you expressing a complete disgust towards possibly losing against us in the final, as you would expect. Acou so much so that he would rather go out in the semis. I was merely wondering whether such a thing happening would be so bad to ruin any title and/or cup win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

People are being slightly harsh on VDS I feel. He is bound to be unsettled having seen his defence be totally decimated in the last couple of weeks. All keepers hava rough time when the usually settled backline starts to chop & change every game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

doubt it tbh. usually go to the railway. that anywhere near the wall? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What ? The club ?

Come and say hello, one day ?

Though, tbf, I don't stay there long normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah the club. think it's called the railway anyway? only been there a few times. but will be coming up for most home games next season with a bit of luck, so I'll definitely come and meet you lot. the coach always gets there about 4 hours before k/o, so plenty of time for a drink.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

anyone else going to everton undercover? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weighing up whether to get a ticket or wathc it in the pub, save myself a load of aggro and watch FC afterwards.

Will probably just end up watching it pub. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you going FC?

If so will see you there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably , only in notlob so its only a quick trip to Gigg Lane, been a couple of times this season (when united are away or play on sunday) think last one I went to was against Bacup. Should be the next best thing than going to Goodison icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will be good with Everton in pubs before then FCs celebrations of title after icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I was thinking icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I am actually curious as to what I say that actually offends you?

I mean I don't even call you fat, I call you tubby.

You do realise I am going to turn up first game next season with a sorry card & a bunch of flowers don't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tubby bitch iirc? Yeah it's that. seriously, stop it.

as soon as I move I'm going on a health food kick and will be cooking for myself, already started as tonight I tuck in to Cream of Mushroom soup :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like when you signed up to the gym? Or like when you got the exercise bike? Or like when you started running? You really don't help yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to recall mister tubby is intending to run the london marathon next year, racing Dom iirc

what are you doing??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably lying in bed & playing with my penis after a night out on the beer?

Planning stuff is all well & good. You actually have to do it.

Maybe both rumours are true and we'll get both? Huntelaar's transfer fee in circa 10-15 mill, and Tevez on an initial loan deal would circumvent any initial massive outlay on transfer fee's and pave the way for a permanent deal next summer? (budget's and all that).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juve4EVA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Didn't Mika make that video? (no... seriously)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah I didn't make it, I just uploaded it to YouTube. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terry and Matt back in the fold on the same day \o/

Archived