The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

O'Shea > Carrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, so wrong. Carrick is icon_cool.gif. Not quite on the level of Cambiasso with his cult comb over or Mascherano with his general fbbbness.

Carrick will become one of englands top midfielders i'm sure. Now Zokora is apparently a done deal I can see us paying £14mill or something and Zokora ******** all over Carrick when we play sperz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And us paying £15m for Zokora in a couple of years icon14.gif

Nah, I like Carrick, I'm really warming to that potential signing. Good attitude, talented lad, offers us something different and if we could somehow team him with a Mascherano-type, I'd be a happy boy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or just with Mascherano icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

I know magath said he was interested, but how would they juggle podolski, makaay, pizarro, santa cruz and rvn? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

by moving one or two of them on?

• 2 weeks later...

yup there's something rotten with transfers at old trafford! to depend on Solskjaer for goals at the age of 33 when he has not played for 2 years is crazy! Smith was never that good a goalscorer. So that leaves the club with Rooney who has never scored that many either...

Something rotten I tell you!

and in the meantime, we keep Silvestre who is looking more and more baffled by that leather roundie thing on the pitch...we should try to nearly sell him to Lyon or sthg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

James, such a vindictive pr**k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for such a pure and self-righteous person your pretty abusive yourself. Have you noticed that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

difference being abusive in banter with somebody i regard as an online mate and wishing a family is wiped out in a terrorist attack, now go play on the motorway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ruud was ***** with shots from outside the area. Ah crap, does that make me a hypocrite too? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll end the discussion for me. it's degenerating from an interesting debate into trading insults.

later people.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Only time it's acceptable to support Red Scouse against Citeh is when they can relegate the blue c***s.

alan ball \0/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's NEVER acceptable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Being denied Hargreaves and having Senna tell us to f**k off on this page then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

Must have retired by now I'd have thought.

He was at Bradford when they were in the Prem - made a shocking error against us letting Teddy score back in 2000 or so. Think he was at Wigan not so long ago, but I'm fairly sure he must have hung up his gloves.

Remember Fergie saying that he was as talented a keeper as he'd seen (probably excluding Schmeichel tbf) but he just couldn't handle the pressure mentally of playing for Manchester United. Injuries early in his career didn't help him either.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

evans got the senior international call up icon_cool.gif he's supposed to be a bright prospect, can anyone tell me more as i havent seen much of this guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It IS for Northern Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I wrote stuff about Gallas and The Beast first time round but it got cut off :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you tried.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Any anti-BBB block vote we have will be outnumbered 2:1 by the Manc block vote tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be a scouse but any anti BBB user is a friend of mine-the enemy of my enemy and all that icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

I can't believe you actually went and did that!

I apologise for the uncharacteristic petulance. Won't happen again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It's that or rearch and EU Directive on Distance Selling.

So yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So while it may seem churlish given our start, i do wonder how much of our position can be put down to luck, in that Fergie has gambled more than he should with the level of the squad, and he's been a bit lucky so far that we've got away with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

has he though? has he really had the funds available to buy the required level of squad depth? maybe it was a conscientious decision to have as strong an xi as possible and ride some luck rather than a weaker eleven but a larger squad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United assistant Carlos Quieroz has emerged as the number one choice to become the USA's coach. (The Sun) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on the Sun getting at least one story correct, and it being this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know everyone hates CQ, but i don't want him to go right now. in the summer? couldn't care less.

but not right now.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Bayern are not going to let Hargreaves go unless it's a ridiculous amount because they still need him for the champions league.

Nobody at United will sanction a huge amount because he wouldn't even be eligible for the champions league and Glazer will say "well you're top of the league without him"

Definitely not before Summer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing that makes me doubt that is the fact that Hargreaves wants to leave. The value (and i'm talking in terms of performances rather than cash) of any player to a club drops the minute they want to be somewhere else, so Bayern may resign themselves to the fact that on the pitch a replacement bought with money from the sale of Hargreaves may be a better bet for their title race than hanging on to him.

However, that is basically me quibbling with the word 'definitely', rather than going so far as to think you're wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

anyone can be a oneunited member & anyone can apply for any game. Ticket office are a total joke though & cannot organise anything. Hence people giving up with them.

It's almost impossible to get tickets through one united this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not wrong. This is my success/failure rate this season for home games.

Fulham - Successful.

Tottenham - Didn't apply due to Uni deadlines.

Celtic - Didn't apply due to Uni deadlines.

Arsenal - Failed.

Newcastle - Successful.

FC Copenhagen - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Liverpool - Failed.

Pompey - Failed.

Chelsea - Failed.

Everton - Failed.

Benfica - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Man City - Failed.

Wigan - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Reading - Couldn't get time off work so didn't apply.

Aston Villa - Successful.

Aston Villa - Failed.

Charlton - Successful* (apparently, no ticket arrived as yet but money out of my account).

Pompey & Watford** - Pending due to £££ issues.

Success - 4*

Didn't/could apply due to outside factors - 8**

Failed - 7

Thats all of them right? Pretty sure it is.

So thats me with about a 30% success rate in the games I've applied for. Obviously that could be bumped up if I can afford Pompey & Watford tickets and they are still available after I get paid in about 10 days or so, but when you look at it 30% isn't the best outcome when you want to go to a lot of games.

Now when you look at those fixtures, obviously they contain a lot of the high interest matches, and since our home games, outside of potential FA Cup and CL opponents in the second half of the season aren't as high profile I might technically have a better chance of acquiring a ticket. But then when you factor in our form and the potential title run in drama against a number of relegation/UEFA candidates I'm not even sure that will be the case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Annoyingly true, I always notice during Nick's little half time texts to me at games that every other 3/4 games he's slating him icon_biggrin.gif

Can't say I've been impressed with him for a while now though, though he has been injured and Henrik has stolen the limelight somewhat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will become quite panicked if Henke goes home in March. All of a sudden i cannot see us push for the title without him.

Oh and Saha started playing like an abortion of a player since the start of December before getting injured. His performance in Aston Villa away must have been the worst performance i've seen from an United player with "starting eleven" credentials (no, Richardson does not fit into that team in my book).

• 2 weeks later...

had a celtic fan sat next to me tonight btw, just there to watch larsson. had a celtic scarf and everything, spent the whole game shouting 'PENAL-EEE' whenever there was a foul anywhere on the pitch and proclaiming that every player not called Henrik Larsson was sh*te ("that scholes is a f**king donkey", "ronaldo's f**king mince" etc). he shut up a bit when the cockney behind me asked him why he was at OT and not watching his team play milan.

also, mickey's injury - it's not at all important ofc but how the hell does the ref get a lille freekick from that? icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

WHERE WERE YOU LOT WHEN O'SHEA WAS ****, EH? icon_mad.gif

(I am of course aware that he's still ****). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want a detailed list of my movements for the last 4 years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, like bowel movements? At your age mate, I'm surprised you've that much control and / or memory of them tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't thinking along scatalogical lines, but if that's what floats your boat, i'm not one to judge.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Rio looking horribly lost without Vidic though. Probably need Brown next to him and put O'Shea at right back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not how we've been playing? icon_confused.gif

i think Rio's done alright as well. probably our best player on saturday, did alright in Rome as well.

• 3 weeks later...

basically,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the tiny chance he'll fulfill his potential over the tinier chance Giggs will forget the last 3 seasons of mediocrity and come good again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is where mr g went very wron

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Don't get me wrong, I still think we are in dire need of another winger.

I kinda reckon it will come down to the formation Ferguson is thinking off playing. We could see something like:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

XXXX

Rooney Ronaldo

Scholes

Carrick Hargreaves

</pre>

In which case a striker is priority or:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Rooney Saha/Smith

XXXX Scholes Hargreaves/Carrick Ronaldo

</pre>

In which case a winger is priority and another striker fairly essential.

Hope this works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing with that assessment is, if you buy a winger you can still play either formation, moving Rooney to the central slot. So you have more flexibility. And the further away from the middle you are moving Rooney, the less of a good idea it is, so while you could use the counter argument that you can play him wide in a 4, you really don't want to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

if it is then they'll be disappointed, he played this morning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kickabout in the park iirc.

Archived