The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Club didn't enter his mind. I turned against him initially, on the train home, changed my mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't care, he's leaving and RvN is staying \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Wow, one game and you don;t want a player at your club?

Who would replace him do you think? Also, wouldn;t Fergie congratulate him :surprised: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo has been inconsistent all year, and most of the time all he does is tricks, whines if he doesnt get a freekick (usually for very little contact), takes many shots which go wide/over and rarely puts in a good ball, where as Park gets on with the game, doesnt do anything fancy but has produced many more assists and cost a lot less. Not really a choice which kind of player id rather have at utd.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shonte:

What game was it last season on Sky where he played ace all game then made an absolute blunder at the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

arsenal?

why is it all our nightmares?

Scholes is still an amazing footballer if he can be 100%. Ferguson hasnt said it's like a new signing, he's just said it's good to have him back from injury.

We'll still need to buy players, but that doesnt mean we should just completely forget about Scholes and just go after a whole bunch of new playerrs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Apparently Smudger is going to be 'converted' back to being a striker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh ffs, so the last 2 years 'converting' to a midfielder were pointless and he's now going to be used to do ruud's job after we sell ruud and replace him with no-one?

utter utter shambles

i read the game (the times football pull out) today and they had lists of clubs with all their ins and outs so far.

man utd were the only team not to have signed anyone (on loan, free, or money). everyone has signed someone apart from us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Your lack of any kind of respect for a player who did so much for us beggars belief really. He's no saint and I wouldn't dream for a minute of saying he's a completely innocent party or didn't have his flaws on and off the pitch, but describing one of the best strikers to ever play for us in the way you have is Citeh-esque, frankly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's fecking low icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

I think its great that mancs/foreigners and scousers can come together in this thread to discuss our players icon_smile.gif

What do you guys think about Andy Cole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you see the back of the MEN today? Calling him an 'old warhorse'. FFS icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Thank you for answering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quiet young monzers. Can't you see people are trying to have horribly contrived 'beef' that they've probably pre-planned on MSN?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

so happy Rooney's not "yet" banned for that ridiculous red card

surely some sense will win through in this case? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the Daily Mirror today there is a small article with Rooney talking baout hwo he feels the referees target him. There is a picture of the moment he catches the Porto defender at the bottom of the column. The last line is something along the lines of "Rooney will soon discover his punishment for his elbow on the Porto player". The picture clearly shows that Rooney 'hits' him with his hand.

If he gets banned it will be a joke. I could understand if he caught the guy with his arm or elbow unintentionally but the only part of Rooney that touches the guys face is his hand. It's not even like he slapped him.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

speaking of pies, where's my shirt dude icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate i am on with it but i've not been able to send from work this week with the new postal s**te just been lettin it die down-don't you worry your lil head mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At least this season is slipping into mediocrity now rather than prolonging our false optimism. I predict we'll get an absolute maximum 4 points out of our next three league games and be out the title race by then, so can concentrate on the important matters, like willing Alex Ferguson to snuff it.

FWIW Ronnie for MoM, Vidic 2nd.

Our squad is so thin in midfield it's laughable.

my manager never ever getting any more tickets from me.

twat sang YNWA when he went to Anfailed last week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically he got the ticket from me

• 3 weeks later...

Richardson isn't THAT bad. He's direct and gives his all. He may not be the most talented but he's not a bad back up.

O'Shea looked a bit more comfortable at right back last night. Flukey f**cker for his goal. Rooney looks a bit sharper and like he's enjoying football again. Scholes ifb, Ronaldo was okay and Carrick looked a bit more composed.

But we were playing a second rate side and I wouldn't have expected anything else than an easy win, but still got to beat what's in front of you.

Found out last night that my bird's two brothers and old man are all Yids icon14.gif

Anyway,

MotM: Paul Scholes

2nd: Wayne Rooney :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

No match thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on real telly. Them's the unwritten rules.

I'm watching from my blimp... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keyser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah he's somewhere over Craven Cottage iirc, the big gooner.

Rooney with an excellent effort.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

He's said what we all think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much word for word what i was going to say.

Everyone's praised Fergie for the upturn so far and getting us back, but while there certainly have been areas of improvement such as Carrick coming in (although you could put a significant part of that down to the fact that we've simply got an actual midfielder playing rather than O'Shea), and Ronaldo's form (which has been partially offset by Rooney being at various levels below his best so far), the biggest single factor, and the thing that we're still most susceptible to derailing us, is that not only have we had fewer injuries than in previous years, we've also had as few injuries to first teamers as i can remember for a long time. We've whinged about injuries in previous years, but i think up to a point that's just something that you have to accept and have the squad to deal with, and that the level of injuries this year has actually been the exception rather than the rule. So while it may seem churlish given our start, i do wonder how much of our position can be put down to luck, in that Fergie has gambled more than he should with the level of the squad, and he's been a bit lucky so far that we've got away with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RSB, your location icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had the ability and time, and could be bothered for that matter, I would look into making a 'Random Kieran Richardson facts' site a la Jack Bauer, Vin Diesel, Chuck Norris etc., only the opposite. Since I don't and I can't, I'm just doing it on my MSN personal message thing. Yesterdays was "When Kieran grows up, he'd like to be a professional footballer... or a FIREMAN!", and todays is "Kieran Richardson is not very good at football."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wp on the awards Nick.

Hopefully going up to some games next season; starting with Inter if all goes well, providing British Gas cease and desist on their current plans to rape me. A red mate of mine is a town planner or some **** up there already, and now another mate's missus is going to study at the Met next year, so he's learning to drive to go see her, giving all three of us an excuse to go to some matches, esp. Derby since the latter mates a dirty sheep shagger. Will pop down the wall too if the odds of being shunned are better than even.

Oh, and at the risk of going back a few pages - regards Maddie, I know the description they've put out says there looking for a feller around 5'10", but given his recent penchant for taking children from Portugal, has anyone ruled out a certain Mr. Gill?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived