The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

not at United he won't.

Felt sorry for him tonight though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from the pictures on the box, he looked quite smug icon_confused.gif, not like Herr Kahn

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

There's 7 weeks until the end of the transfer window, and it looks like we've already been looking at wingers anyway, so we should have a list of targets. We're talking the difference between a decent chance of getting a replacement if we get cash in for him, against next to no chance if we don't.

Plus the fact that if we force him to stay, you're almost certainly looking at Giggs/Fletcher being better options than him anyway, given last seasons performances when he at least wanted to be here. And on top of that, if he stays and plays badly, you're talking at least probably £5m knocked off his fee when he does go, if not more.

Like i said, if we convince him enough that he wants to staym that's one thing. I've got no problem with him staying then. But if he's decided he wants to leave, get rid so we can move on with players who want to be here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

We wont get him btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That argument works for any player you care to mention.

Apart from maybe Petit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

He had a couple of bad games aye, but generally was solid.

And errr, without him we have O'Shea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of O'Shea did anyone else see that our latest alledged bid for Carrick included JOS?

Pretty sure one of the papers rounded up on SSN had that one rejected but us going back in and possibly offering Wes instead!

Please God don't let that happen!

Yea just found out what SLS has found out, probably from the same reliable place.

£14m with add-ons rising to £18m-ish is the word on the street.

Interestingly, before today, something was posted by someone also 'in the know' that Spurs interest in RvN was deliberately leaked to the press in order to force Madrid's hand to cough up more money, which would in turn help finance the Carrick deal. Sounds extreme, but was odd that this was said the day before the Ruud to Madrid thing was in the mirror(?) and two days before Real themselves announce that and Carrick seems done...

He's a very good player on form, his ability to go forward is good, but he doesn't do it very often, maybe that depends on the balance of your side to an extent but keeping him next to someone like Hargreaves as has been suggested doesn't sound like a good idea really, Scholes on the otherhand could compliment him very very very well.

I would have said £11m/£12m was a fair price, but I didn't particularly want to sell him. £14m+ leaves me pretty damn happy, and even if it is inflated, I'm guessing you lot are just chuffed to have signed someone? icon_biggrin.gif

Is Fergie planning on having Saha/Solskjaer/Smith/Rossi as an attack next year :/ or is there a good chance of a new forward being brought in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Why do so many people get really obnoxious when they're drunk? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it too subtle a dig? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm obnoxious when I'm sober, I'm a sleepy drunkj </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate having to explain for the thickies icon_frown.gif

James was saying he posted as you when drunk. So by wondering if he was an obnoxious drunk, i was simply calling you obnoxious. Do you see?

This is more effort than i need for Scatter, and at least he's got the excuse of being australian icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger off you old fart, I have more important matters on my mind than that icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

i just love to spice this place up icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, being a moron doesn't = spicing this place up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now why am i being a moron?

because i give my honest opinion and dont give a damn about what you think about it icon_mad.gif

how many of you were in favor of smith moving from leeds to our great club ? not many i would think and ? now

so for all i care you can go and get a ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I cheer them when they do well. Hate them when they dont.

Glory hunter by club, glory hunter by country :*****) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Brown will fight for his place

Wes Brown is fully prepared to fight to regain his first-team place from fellow defender Nemanja Vidic.

Brown started the first six of United's matches this season, but since then Serbian international Vida has been given the nod for the last three matches against Reading, Benfica and Newcastle.

But, Brown hasn’t lost heart and says he will be ready whenever needed by Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

“I started a few games at the start of the season but I haven’t started since we lost to Arsenal,†he said. “But I’m just going to carry on going.

“You give everything in training, but you want to be out there on the field for the matches. I’m not injured, which is a good thing! I’m just trying to play well in training and win my place back in the team.

“The team winning is the main thing, but my chance to get back in will come. There is competition for places and there will be a point where I am needed. It’s just a matter of taking it when it comes. But I’ll be ready whenever the manager needs me.â€

The 26-year-old is prepared to be patient for his chance to come, whether it is because the manager decides to call on him or needs to, to replace an injured or rested player.

“That’s usually the case,†he said. “There are always players there ready to come in. You don’t want injuries to happen, but if they do I think we have good cover in all positions at the back.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Just been playing warcraft & had a Romanian sing 'United Road' over teamspeak icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it as bizarre as it sounds? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was rather strange icon_biggrin.gif He speaks good English but hearing it in a Romanian accent was a new one on me.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ummm panic over, Keith forgot he had sumfink to do.

Still no more tickets again though. STRESS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you make the ticket office look organised icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> GARY NEVILLE is facing a New Year operation which may rule him out of action for six weeks.

And boss Alex Ferguson is planning to replace him with unknown reserve Danny Simpson.

Fergie has called the youngster, 20 next week, back from a loan spell at Royal Antwerp and told him to get ready for his first-team debut.

Manchester United captain Neville has failed to recover fully from calf and knee problems which have plagued him all season.

He has missed the last two games with a knee problem — an injury which has been troubling him since the World Cup last summer.

He looked to have recovered but suffered a setback in the recent 1-0 defeat at West Ham and has also had problems with each calf.

Ferguson confirmed in November that unless the problems were cleared up by the New Year he would undergo an op.

Neville has been training alone with the club physios this week and wants to play at home to Reading today and at Newcastle on Monday.

Then United will take advantage of a break in the Premiership campaign for the player to have an operation.

United’s next league game after the trip to St James’ comes two weeks later away to Aston Villa, who they also play in the FA Cup in between.

Neville would be expected to miss five league games in all but Ferguson wants the problem sorted out so he can have his captain fresh for the title run-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I don't see any of the teams below City catching them to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've not seen it to be honest, I just think that they'll have the firepower to get the points that they need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Firepower?

they've scored 20 goals this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, shows how much attention I pay to Man City.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

In the summer we are signing Nani, Barnes, Hargreaves and berbatov, i'm sure of it. Team complete.

GK: Van Der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak

DF: Neville, Brown, Pique, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Heinze, Silvestre, O'Shea

MD: Ronaldo, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Barnes, Giggs, Nani

FW: Rooney, Saha, Berbatov, Rossi, Solskjaer, Smith

What a team that would be. In the days of the PLC maybe. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All on the 12th of July iirc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Sky Sports 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lovely old job. Down the pub at 12 for an all day football/drinking session methinks icon14.gif

there was the same cautious approach when we played fenerbahce last time in istanbul and it ended up being one of the safest and nicest euro aways i've been on.

i've met a lad since who was also on it who didn't do the official travel to the ground (as i did), got there early and spoke to the coppers, asking if there was any bars that would be okay to go to... they said it would be fine to go in one across the road (probably equivalent to the bishops blaize) and they had a great time in there, no bother.

obviously it might be totally different in rome but i'd just take the same approach with any euro away, act sensible and you won't get into any trouble. prague that year was probably more dangerous than istanbul was.

• 4 weeks later...

because we are iirc icon_cool.gif

£95 increase for north/south stand people, gotta love that.

also love the way they go on about the carling cup thing as if it's some new policy that will benefit us. usually the opposition club veto reductions anyway, and when they don't we've had much more than a 25% discount.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

so this basically means we will be playing 4 2 3 1 next season, i guess saha/rooney/smudge up front with the 3 being nani/giggsy/anderson/rooney/ronaldo/scholesy/park and the 2 being from hargs/carrick/scholesy/fletcher.

I'm quite wet. TOTAL FOOTBALL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'll be more like...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Hargreaves/Carrick Scholes/Fletcher

Ronaldo/Park Anderson/Rooney Giggs/Nani

Smith/Rooney/Saha </pre>

Something like that I rekon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah Julesy's is far more likely to be the way we'll line up.

It's closer to how we played against Roma and is closer to the style we've all wanted us to play so long as we had the right choices for the players.

Archived