The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> few of the arrivals since last summer — Edwin van der Sar, Park Ji Sung, Ben Foster, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra — have stirred Old Trafford passions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harsh tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 of those were good signings as far as I'm concerned.

And 3 have stirred my passions to varying degrees </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

And Evra could still work...maybe :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tad optimistic from you there Mika.

Evra will have to work if we sell Gabby icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Dawson was excellent last season. Not as good as Wes, but still very good, and as such I don't see why Spurs would be so desperate to get Wes. Nor for that matter would there be any reason for Wes to even consider going down there :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might want to go because he wants to play for a top 4 team next season icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Does that mean i can be the young mark g? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Although gonch you can take comfort in this:

Alonso >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh. we'll see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're losing it prescott

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He talks up all these youngsters, who admittedly I dont know a lot about bar the ones of played vs Celtic and in Amsterdam, but will they ever make it?? You cant have a batch of youngsters like you did every few years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we're certainly not like Chelsea who can splash out around £40m on foreign 30 year olds each summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you put £40m?? Is that how much you paid for Rooney and Rio?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£30m for Shevchenko + £5m a piece on wages for Ballack and Shevchenko for this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah because Rio doesn't get anywhere near £5m a year does he. Christ I mean what am I on about!!!

As for people who want to joke about Asperger's disorder it isn't funny. I work with a kid who has it, and its no laughing matter for his parents.

• 3 weeks later...

If Saha gets injured for France I'm going to go ballistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just reading his Wiki page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> More recently O'Shea has been utilised in the centre of midfield by Ferguson as United are short of cover in that position. Since being used in this position he has been considered increasingly impressive by fans and pundits alike, and is considered to have played a significant role in providing the stability which enabled United to extend their winnning run to 9 games, after defeating rivals Arsenal 2-0 on Sunday 9th April 2006. It is now widely believed that he is regaining to the form which made him an exciting prospect several seasons previously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

any news on our non ingerland internationals?

I guess Evans did well for NI keeping a clean sheet? McShane (i know not with us but i still keep an eye out) did well for RI by the looks of it along side o shea dispite having to mark a giant? Portugal lost to poland, no idea how ronaldo did. Sahahaha scored as already stated. Did Vidic play for Serbia? they won 3-0 iirc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/domfh89/14102006007.jpg

oh for ****s sake, utter twats that have done that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone on the FC forum said they saw some in Amsterdam saying Love United Hate Silvestre icon_biggrin.gif Me personally Im not arsed about the stickers, each to their own but why did they have to copy the format used by FFU, like stealing there hard work imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Poor sod needs to leave us ASAP really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooner we start coming round to the fact that Fergie is never going to give Jones a chance, the better.

Clearly he'd rather re-register himself as a player, Ian Holloway-style than give the lad 15 minutes run-out in a dead game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I will be gutted if we go out but it will help us so much in the league like I said earlier.

Seeing Ronaldinho in the flesh would be awesome too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, he's not really

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Appearances

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 5(5) | 1(3) | 0(1) | 1 | 7(9) |

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Goals

20. Ole Gunnar SOLSKJAER | 6 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 9 |

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif Brilliant return for Ole imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I don't care if we have Larsson. You don't see me going to Madrid to watch Ruud. Maybe that way people who actually want to watch united more than once may actually get a ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The Rooney love does drive me nuts though, before hes even done anything hes hailed as great and brilliant and the best player in the world no matter how bad of form hes in.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's obviously a special talent who's had a run of indifferent form. Why shouldn't the crowd make him aware of their love for him regardless of his form? It may not make a difference, but it's more likely to help him and take the pressure of him than indifference or booing would, so i don't see the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

The Reserves beat Liverpool 1-0 tonight, Chris Eagles the scorer.

United: Heaton; Barnes, Lee, Lea, Evans; Mullan, Ngalula, Eagles (Fagan, 81), Burns; Marsh, Dong (Bryan, 81). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good stuff, puts us top of the league iirc. that's our season done though and Bolton, Citeh and Boro all have games in hand to overtake us, so it'll take a bit of a miracle for us to stay there.

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking performance. We get it all wrong away from home in Europe again. Why is it the same everygame when it doesnt ever work?

Fergie left it to the 78th minute to change it. Why when needing to score two do we slow it down and carry on with the patient stuff?

Just a crap performance. No get up and drive in the team.

Heinze had a first half that made Silvestre look like the best player in the world on his worst day.

Giggs and Rooney trying to see who could make the most passes without finding a man. Giggs doesnt even look before playing the ball.

Thought Carrick was crap as well. Ronnie was poor.

Just sh!te all round. In fact Scholes i thought was our best player tonight.

Please god have Rio and Evra play on Saturday.

What more can i say? Just gutted to lose and i cant see Liverpool not beating them in the final.

How can only Paul Scholes look like he give a **** when nobody had played in a CL final before except Giggs?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence.

"It is just a matter of days before we are the leaders...I have done the calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United at the top of the table." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ul essien icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XanDaMan:

Qauresma >>>>>>>>>>>>. Nani

Actually distraught we're going all our for Nani icon_frown.gif Next he'll take Klaas > Torres. Travesty.

:'( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ryan'll hunt you down now. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

haha. my mate was at his mrs' in audenshaw and she was asking him 'why are united playing around here, i can't hear the telly? icon_mad.gif'

what pub were you in karl? we ended up in the prince of orange where they had an elvis night on icon_biggrin.gif

btw, you can see what everyone was cheering for on http://www.fcum.tv/ (they have highlights of the game and also a feature length cup final special)... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I may have played a pool match at the Prince of Orange, its doing my head in where it is, is it in Ashton?

I was in the Royal Oak in Droylsden, its not near the ground or anything, just that the landlord and a few others are FC Utd fans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

the whole having played for Citeh and Liverpool issue not bothering anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care personally. I have other reasons, which I'll post in a minute when its done, but this issue is irrelevant for me because he's not synonymous icon with either club despite having played for both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the whole Liverpool Citeh thing isn't the cause of his ****ishness in my eyes, it just reinforces it.

I think he'd get 20 odd goals if he stayed fit and was given a full run, because like I said, he's a lot like Saha (and before anyone mentions it, he WOULD have got 20 goals had he not been made out of glass icon_mad.gif).

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

don't get people like mark. would rather be travelling the country in a campervan instead of still working at his age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

working icon_biggrin.gif

Archived