The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I just thank to god no-one's overreacting icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EVERYONE is overreacting and it's fffffffb icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So Mika, do you not think we should be getting rid of a defender to free up transfer funds and wages, then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, the defence is the one area of the team where I'm pretty much satisfied at the moment, we don't need to mess with it, at least until we know how good Evra is. If Evra plays and proves himself to be as good or better than Silvestre, then he can go, but until then we should keep him imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone coming FC vs AFC Wimbledon this Saturday? £7 in, think Mart said he might be, should be good craic with the Wombles and a top atmosphere icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rip off Sunday League sides are better & thats free </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they are better than why arnt they in a proper league then? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

better atmosphere. and free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I assume this "Ruud was looking for a transfer for ages, he's not committed, we HAVE to get him out for the good of the squad morale" argument applies equally to our main centre back as well then, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Portuguese midfielder also springs to mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ruud was ***** with shots from outside the area. Ah crap, does that make me a hypocrite too? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll end the discussion for me. it's degenerating from an interesting debate into trading insults.

later people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were the one who called me a hypocrite ffs icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

just to be an argumentative ****, and also because it's true, fletch deserves an assist for the giggs goal tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're just being argumentative. he did well to pressure spring but that wasn't an assist. He didn't even touch the ball. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well yes and no. the assist stat so stupid - i could make plenty of strong arguments for and against most of those assists already listed. if say carrick had of played a superb pass through to fletcher who plays the most obvious and simple square pass in the world to giggs who then beats three men and rounds the keeper and scores - carrick gets nothing, giggs did most the hard work, but fletch gets an assist in that instance. in this one, he put a lot of pressure on a defender and forced an error - one that more than likely wouldn't have happened without that pressure - but because he desn't actually touch the ball it shouldn't be an assist?

like i said, assist stat is so stupid. why exactly are you tracking them anyway taz?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If Hargreaves isnt coming then why didnt we go for Van Bommel? Bayern have payed £4m for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Direct replacement for Ballack, that was confirmed on a football talk show yesterday - so Hargreaves won´t be sold at the present time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Remember Dom, saying that you dislike someone is the same as saying someone is rubbish on OTF icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so true, I hate RvP which means I think he is ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the same for anything, so funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Latics chief told The Sun: "The manager we had (Eriksson) absolutely killed him.

"You just hope his enthusiasm hasn't been killed by that idiot. I watched the Portugal game in the World Cup and felt so sorry for him. (Eriksson) played him up front on his own and he so wanted to do well but was desperate.

"He was fighting like hell for the ball but they had two men on him and that was it, game over. Then he got sent off but that was just because he was fighting and running so much. Rooney was pulling his guts out for England. The previous manager killed him stone dead." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww man.

Rooneh hat-trick on saturday now icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Nick hasn't got a prayer this year, he's become so much harsher since his award.

Mart will be interesting, though I feel that the Scouse element may be his achilles heel. At least Nick was civil with most of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mika, if it wasn't for your horrendous O'Sullivan views I'd be canvassing for you at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Confirmed on BBC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jones completes switch to Derby

Jones is again set to link up Davies

Derby have completed the loan signing of Manchester United midfielder David Jones with a view to completing a permanent £1m deal in January. The talented 22-year-old played under Rams' boss Billy Davies on loan at Preston last season.

Davies said: "David has great ability, a super left foot and boasts a range of passing. I see him as a good, old-fashioned midfielder.

"He is a creator and scorer of goals and can only get better.

And Davies added: "I believe he has the skill to shine on the international stage and will eventually turn out for his country."

Jones is dual-qualified to play for England and Wales, although he has played once for England Under-21s.

However, that match - a 2-2 draw away to Sweden in March 2004 - was a friendly and under Fifa rules does not commit Jones to playing for England in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly the only thing within our control that annoyed me last night was the lack of urgency. we just seemed content to chill after half time on the understanding we were cruising for a draw which we obv should have got but still.

the saha miss/lack of effort infuriated me more than the joke free kick decision because its such a schoolboy error to make.

bring on sunday now.

The thing that annoys me most is when he's banded in with O'Shea and Richardsonby the press, he's better than them for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie's closer when he bands him in with Ronaldo and Rooney tbh

Fletcher doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as ****ing Richardson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

to be fair, vidic giggs and saha are all carrying knocks so his hand is forced somewhat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if you've got three enforced changes, why make two more? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one of which being O'Shea for Scholes icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

hmmm, might be a slight chance of getting a ticket at that price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone will want to go to Emirates though, because no one will have been before, despite the price. That away section looks a lot bigger than 2900 on television, have we had a deduction? I thought it would be around 4,000.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see any reason for thinking Ruud would have done anything yesterday. There are some games where you think there were a number of balls flashing across the box that just needed someone to get on the end of them, but that simply wasn't the case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think there were many chances which went begging either, but it was one of those games which was crying out for a scrappy goal rather than a Ronaldo piledriver and when we were chasing the game and pumping the ball into the box he might have made a difference.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Stoke seal loan deal for Martin

Stoke have completed the signing of Manchester United winger Lee Martin on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old, who made 10 appearances in a loan spell with Rangers earlier this season, could make his debut for the Potters in Saturday's FA Cup clash with Fulham.

Martin was brought to Old Trafford for £1million from Wimbledon when he was just 16, and he has since played only one competitive match for the Red Devils, in last season's Carling Cup win over Barnet.

He joins a City side sitting sixth in the Championship with their hopes of promotion in tact, beaten only once in their last five games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fight for United have been quietly informed that Manchester City Environmental Crimes Unit, have put together a task force to combat people putting up LUHG stickers in the Manchester region.

It is the Units intention to monitor the City Centre CCTV, to watch for any person putting up LUHG stickers. We are informed that the Metro stations will receive particular attention from the CCTV units. There are also to be undercover units travelling on the Metro and on foot in areas around the City Centre. These Units will begin their actions as of Wednesday 21st February and will be working during the evenings as well.

We realise that supporters of Fight For United are not responsible for putting up stickers in public places, we bring this to your attention of the basis if you happen to be aware of anyone else, or see anyone putting up a sticker, then please advise them to be very cautious in their actions, due to the Environmental crime unit out to apprehend somebody for the stickering.

It is the intention of the Manchester City Council to prosecute any persons that is apprehended in putting up LUHG stickers. Our information is that, the council intend to use a "fly posting" law which carries a fine of up to £2500 per poster/sticker. They are also intent on a public naming and shaming of any persons apprehended.

It is with regret that Manchester City Council, choose to target Manchester United supporters for an anti fly posting campaign, at a time when Local Authority resources could be more productively pooled for the youth within the suburban areas of Manchester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, awesome, they are quite literally everywhere icon_cool.gif

Yeah I posted it this morning with "mindgames \o/" alongside but was cruelly ignored icon_frown.gif

Hope Park plays tonight and proves the heathens wrong icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was gonna reply to it, but i had to fix something in work.

Mart ignored it though of course, he wouldnt be mart if he didnt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's it. It's over. We lose the league to Chelsea, who take the momentum and thrash us 4-0 in the FA Cup final, we lose to liverpool in the champions league final with them coming back from a goal down to win in injury time in extra time, and Richardson signs an unprecedented 8 year deal and gets us relegated when he takes over from Beckham as Manager in 2027.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why did Rooney make a point of going to the Everton fans and kissing the Man Utd badge? I thought he was still an Everton fan at heart having been there since 12 or whenever he joined? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He kissed the badge while facing the United fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's trying to make the point that Wesy Ham 'should' havve been relegated, and United let them off - whereas if Liverpool would have beate Fulham then West Ham would still have survived.

Still wildly OTT though.

Don't park at Euston...bit of a mare of a place to get out of. The Marylebone road is an absolute arse, even on Saturday's. So avoid at all costs.

As Pickles says, stay outside of town and come in. Much easier to park - costing's a lot less, and there's a better chance of you getting home quicker. The congestion'll mash you up in town.

Might have a ticket in the Utd end once more icon_smile.gif Fingers crossed for the mornin'. £400 I rekon...we shall see!

Archived