The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

How about Bobby Charlton? Still on our books and wouldn't cost us. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Big Dave Gill is meant to be pretty handy in the employees games, a center back so with Fergies genius our new box to box midfielder? Has a physical presence?

• 2 weeks later...

REAL WON`T CONFIRM NEW VAN NISTELROOY BID

Real Madrid today refused to confirm reports that they had made an improved bid for Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Real and German giants Bayern Munich are seen as the two most likely contenders to sign the 30-year-old Dutchman who fell out with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson last season.

However, a spokeswoman for Real refused to confirm claims that a new bid had been lodged by the Primera Liga club - the Spanish media reports that Real have offered #10.25million.

"I don't know anything about it," said the spokeswoman to PA Sport.

Dont know if this has been mentioned already but the Spanish reporter who thinks it is a done deal RVN to Real Madrid said the fee is 10.3 million which will be paid over 3 years icon_biggrin.gif

Beckham to Real Madrid for £17 million over so many years and now RVN icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe next year Real Madrid will buy Rooney or Ronaldo for £18 million with the fee being paid over 10 years icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

What Nick/Keyser/ACou have said and a number of icon_biggrin.gif smileys to Scatter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you shouldn't. i'm a bitter apparently. icon13.gif

for some inexplicable reason that was the first time i've actually felt insulted reading a messageboard. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

He chose someone else? hence your astoundment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont know mate, im not a bummer. still £6.7million, benitez is paying a bit much for a rent boy don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£15m-18m? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll be for ashley cole

I'm probably the opposite, by coincidence, not because they sponsor United, I love Pepsi, can't stand Coke, I use Ladbrokes for some reason, I use Gilette, and I eat Jaffa Cakes. Though Mercedes > Audi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Jimlad, I bet you a pint Saha gets 25 in all comps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye go on then, I'll take Scats as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

I actually had a dream a few weeks back where I was in Landsdowne Road at an important (I assume it was important by the fact there was actually a decent atmosphere) match. I was there with my mate with ten minutes left with the scores at 1-1. Robbie Keane was forced off injured which left no strikers on the field or on the bench so for some reason Steve Staunton runs along the touchline studying who's in the crowd until he spots me. 'How about it, Terry, come on on!' he shouts as those around me become quiet. My reply: 'F@ck off you Louth inbred'... Such a weird dream. Big icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dream Analyser says: You're questioning your sexuality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More questioning my nationality/nationality's football team's manager's decisions tbh...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

We basically had a kamikaze moment in the first half, Evra fell over, gave ball away, Rio tried to clear, awful, right at O'Shea, came to Silv, awful clearance to the edge of the area. Then nearly gave a pen away icon_biggrin.gif

But obviosly people ignored Evra and Rio's cockups because they aren't as popular scapegoats icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha it was a collective shambles. my chelsea supporting uncle texed me after that saying 'i say your defence is a bit dodgy isnt it?'

needless to say i had the last laugh icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha yeah icon_biggrin.gif

Be úber if we get Tevez and Hargreaves though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you wake up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh if I was dreaming it'd blatantly be Ruud back in the side ahead of Tevez :***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and yet you're mocking us for not winning the Premiership? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm mocking you because I don't like chumpchester united and it seems the fashionable thing to do around here, mock people when you don't like/ agree with what they say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

didn't realise you'd become a researcher, Cartman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have been for years, just never had the status, they wanted everyone to have it this time round I think, probably so people know who you are in the data forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MOM: Ole Solskjaer

2ND: Kieron Lee

Other than the victory not a lot great came out of tonight really. Possession and work-rate, as noted in the post-match comments, weren’t really there tonight. We only switched on for two spells, the first after Crewe’s disallowed goal and the second after their equaliser. Ole was the freshest of our established first-teamer’s and it showed in his MOM performance as he was everywhere. Kieron Lee gets second because he was brighter than any of his youthful counter-parts when he came on and did more than his more experienced team-mates by surging forward and getting his debut goal.

TK did okay with a couple of saves but then wasn’t helped by the conditions a couple of other times – in comparison I thought Ben Williams had reason to be pleased with his performance this evening. Wes didn’t look like he’d emerged from his slump, Mickey S, Gabby, Richardson & Smithy (apart from the through-ball assist and a couple of occasions when he held the ball up well) all looked well short of match fitness and I’m not convinced that their heads were in the game until it got to the point where they could get back into the game but not dominate it.

Out of the youngsters I thought that Lee, Barnes & Shawcross looked very raw physically (more the first two than the latter) but offered more (and displayed more potential) than Marsh or Gray did while they were on the pitch. Though I don’t want to be too harsh, they did okay but weren’t helped by the more experienced players really. Were they playing in their regular positions?

The two Joneses were a bit hit and miss as well. Ritchie did excellently for the goal but seemed a bit lost otherwise. Tonight was the best look I’ve had of (the real) Jonah and he does look as though he has really good awareness and technique, but the guy needs games. It’s doing him no favours playing reserve team football or sitting on the fringes of the first-team and barring injuries to Scholes and Carrick simultaneously (god-forbid) I don’t see him being put ahead of any of our more experienced MFs (inc. O’Shea), even though I’m currently more optimistic about his capabilities as a player than Richardson.

Anyway, roll on the weekend. Who have we got around the time of the Southend game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

So basically, Nick is the only one that thinks Jonah wasn't poor on Weds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

opinion was pretty divided on the sanctuary, it's not just me icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opinion was divided. Everyone else thought he was *****, you thought he was OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mark g always one step ahead icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh i forgot another con

-as soon as rooney ronaldo and carrick went off it becomes clear why in my opinion we will struggle to win the league. o'shea, fletcher and silvestre come on and we lose all fluidity of passing and tempo. the last 15 minutes today very similar to copenhagen in that respect. squad below the first team basically not strong enough and if we lose one of saha/rooney/giggs/scholes for any long period of time we are screwed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly please dont bung Fletcher in as having the equivalent impact as Silvestre and O'Shea.

Secondly as I already said we cant hope to compete with Chelsea in depth... and aside from them our squad is easily comparable and probably better than Arsenal/Liverpool.

We have a fair few good players below our first XI now tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will bung fletcher in there today because its a simple fact that our fluidity of passing wasnt the same when the three came on.

and your second point is basically agreeing with me, we cant compete with chelsea squad wise so prob wont win the league icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on point one.. I just dont think its fair to directly associate him with the problem of losing our fluidity. He's been excellent for us this season.

and yeah I sort of realised you were saying the same thing on 2nd point but carried on ranting anyway icon_biggrin.gif

point was originally against those who thought we should somehow be doing better. whereas I think our squad is very close to as good as we could hope for now tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's a joke that it's his first euro away and lads that have been going for years NOT ME get chubbed and end up forking out for tickets from a tout don't get tickets, tits like that do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know how the person got his ticket? Could be a member of a supporters club and this is the first time he's been able to go to a Euro away? I know a mate who is going to his first Ashes test later this week, and he was like a kid on christmas day at the weekend when he was flying out there, but he's not a jcl to cricket, but its just the first time he's been able to go to an Ashes test, should he not be able to go just because someone who's been to every day of an Ashes Test for the last 20 years hasn't?

Obviously the other points you raised about him probably are right and that he's a knobhead.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Would be good viewing watching David Horgan saying that to Rio's and Vidic's faces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've peeled harder satsumas than Rio. he's a flid.

snipers aye, but it wasn't a editorial comment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've decided its Andrei Kanchelskis appreciation weekend so please post any clips or share any memories of that fantastic winger of ours.

Clips seem to be short supply on youtube with only one from him in a United shirt so here goes...

(Rangers) The Ultimate Showboat

(Everton) The Kan Kan Man takes down Liverpool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do some/most of you not hope that Chelsea win today?

Not that I have any experience of my team in a title race, but Id prefer us to win it on the pitch rather than our rivals dropping points the day after we've played.

I know that all that matters is that you've won it, but after having to wait 3 seasons to get the title back would it not seem a bit hollow (for want of a much better word) if you step out on Wednesday knowing that you've already done it?

Mind you, the idea of Mourinho having to contemplate a guard of honour is probably worth it icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

dudes when does the copa america start? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

end of this month, roughly.

Archived