The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

shhhhhhhhhhh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do i spy one completely mental Citeh fan in that photo? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the one in the Blue shirt seems to be the only one to clock him aswell icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm on the OP site atm trying to find an answer to my question, and I just love the descriptiveness.

Like a resilient tree planted 65 years ago, Orlando Pirates Football Club has deepened its roots over generations, thickened its trunk, extended its branches and leaves, providing shade which spreads over South Africans of all walks of life.

Even better if you read it in a Seth Efrican accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read that icon_biggrin.gif ace icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Richardson has been fbbb, Dazzle been rubbish. Simpson looks good, Scholesy has been nice enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dazzle has been much improved over the last match. icon_biggrin.gif

• 5 weeks later...

thought it was Ballack that said he wasn't willing to move last summer?

there were strong rumours at the time that we turned down Bayern's offer to buy him for about £12m last summer because we were so certain of getting him on a Bosman this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Definitely none for Fletcher today though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can answer my yes or no too then icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like a no to me \o/

GIVE FLETCH HIS ASSIST icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying Rooney should have 1 more goal from the Fulham game as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, but did he get an assist for it? icon_biggrin.gif

i actually can't remember it too specifically. i know saha crossed it, and under pressure from Rooney it was turned into his net by a Fulham defender.

Taz you ****, give Fletch his assist dammit. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was simple enough so even australians could understand it. If he didn't play the pass or touch the ball, he doesn't get an assist.

Your whole argument about why it's a daft stat is the reason it has to be that straightforward, otherwise it's just far too subjective in terms of who you give them to. It's not a fair stat anyway, so it's not about whether Fletch contributed to the goal or not (which he obviously did from the descriptions that have been given). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

christ on a bike, I thought it was simple enough that even senile old codgers could understand it.

hint: this isn't some official list. taz isn't taking the assist stat off of opta or any other site like that, he's tracking it himself.

taz you moron, give fletch his assist gawdammit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, so lets get this straight. You think that letting Taz decide himself on a case by case basis what constitutes an assist rather than using the official definition makes it more likely that Fletcher will get one? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

But the player's agent Roman Grill concedes it is now highly unlikely that the 25-year-old will be heading to The Premiership this week.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So hungry icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry I cant get over it. This is a shambles.

I dont so much blame Fergie cos he clearly was on the hunt for midfielders this summer.

It's just our utterly awful, AWFUL manner of doing business that leaves us f**ked on such a consistent basis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Im sorry to bring upp the pastbut we could of had players such as Ronaldinho Robben Kept Ruud and Stam and wouldnt need to buy anyone, Staff at manchester are to stubborn icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO WE COULDNT HAVE HAD RONALDINHO

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hahahahaha MUST with a big "I told you so" icon_biggrin.gif

wp idiots your words didn't halt the takeover and it won't alter the situation but thanks for letting us all know you're still there ready with hyperbole at a moments notice icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hyperbole icon_biggrin.gif

Nothing but cold, hard, depressing fact there. I'm sure they get no enjoyment out of being all 'told you so', but there are still legions of ****wits out there who need to hear it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To what end though? Fine, we ALL know it or have at least suspected it. It serves no purpose for the constant reminders. The fact is MUST, like the fans are completely impotent. If the Glazers do leave (*prays*) they'll have absolutely nothing to do with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

mate, "Predicting" that saha will get injured is like saying the grass is green, keyser's fat, Senegals a dirty perve etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi i'm the dirty perve not senegal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Bardsley is very close to going the same way as Richardson according to a few people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Bardsley seemed like having the potential in the few games he played.

Richardson only had one game where he showed potential and that was against Charlton last year.

Loanees update:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Darron scores on Royal duty

Wins for Royal Antwerp and Rangers lead our weekly round-up of the United players on loan...

Darron Gibson sealed a 3-2 victory for Royal Antwerp with a goal on 68 minutes to cap a fine performance against KRC Waregem. Last week’s two-goal hero, Fraizer Campbell, completed a full 90 minutes, as did fellow Red Daniel Simpson. However, Johnny Evans missed the game through suspension.

Lee Martin started for Rangers as the Scottish giants marched to a much needed 2-0 victory over Dunfermline. Martin, however, was substituted at half-time. Phil Bardsley, the other Red on loan at Ibrox, was not in the squad.

United’s loan goalkeepers had a disappointing weekend. Ben Foster saw Didier Drogba smash three goals past him as Chelsea cruised to a 4-0 victory over Watford. That said, there wasn’t much Foster could do to prevent any of the strikes. Meanwhile, Tim Howard was kept busy as Everton slumped to a rare home defeat, 0-1, at the hands of Aston Villa.

Elsewhere in the Premiership, striker Giuseppi Rossi couldn’t even find a spot on the bench for Newcastle as they were held to a 0-0 draw at Manchester City. Perhaps they could have done with his firepower, after all.

Gerard Pique won’t have happy memories of his return to the Nou Camp. The defender, who United prised from Barcelona’s B team in 2004, came on for the final 10 minutes of Real Zaragoza’s 3-1 defeat.

Chris Eagles played the first half in NEC Nijmegen’s dramatic 1-1 draw away to Excelsior in the Dutch league. Unfortunately, all the drama - both goals were scored in the 90th minute - came after Eagles had been substituted.

Adam Eckersley failed to feature as Brondby beat struggling Silkeborg 3-1 in Denmark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Vida would be fb as a bond villain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Not confident at all today can see us getting beat with it being Curbishley's first game in charge.

Mon United prove me wrong.

Who is going to be going to Lille away then?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

supercaliolegunnarsolskjaerfragistic****ingfantasticwerethechampionsladsgiddygiddygiddydocious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You say?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just to let you guys know interview didnt go great, but picked up AFTER i got my **** out, who wouldnt thought! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what company </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goldman Sachs, didnt actually get my **** out btw.

Sun are running the 70+ conceeding times, rednews for more info.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saying I'd take him if circumstances allowed. Maybe Fergie will be satisfied with going into next season with...

Rooney/Saha/Smith/Rossi/OGS/Dong

*I've left Frazier Campbell out because I assume when he gets back from Antwerp they'll aim to loan him domestically if he's done well.

...and Giggs/Ronaldo/Scholes helping out if we're struggling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"perhaps Ferguson's greatest achievement was to simply believe that he could topple Chelsea, the most formidable opponent he has ever come across. Very few other people else did but, as usual, Ferguson was right all along."

icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Breaking news on SSN: We've agreed a fee to sign Anderson from Porto icon_eek.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

KR is amazing in FM. The resaearcher must love him or something? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've already decimated his stats ffs. it's like he has some kind of invincibility, like when you get the star on mario kart. the bastard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite Billy Crystal but still icon_biggrin.gif that icon14.gif

Archived