The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Still no appearance by Mark? I'm beginning to get worried icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's still typing his opening post blatantly.

And Mart icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

All funds going to the Mascherano fund ofc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha id say yes but we already have the money...just not the fooking brains to sign him icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

His training will be off Thompson Street, pretty central really and his main stay will be at the head quaters which is at Swinton.

Yeh it was gumtree thanks Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jules, if your mate is looking for somewhere round there... try http://www.green-quarter.co.uk/splash.html

Supposed to be very nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

It'll be a pretty weak side again, basically the squad from the SA tour minus O'Shea and Solskjaer. None of those who played in the world cup are expected to feature until Preston at the earliest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah right, okay

In that case I predict the 90 mins will largely be taken up by me lauding praise on Rossi and abusing Richardson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

I come with absolutely no angle or hidden agenda before someone jumps on me, but do you want Carrick? (at a reasonable price OR at whatever the price will be) or is it just relief that you're actually making a move? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want Carrick, so long as we also get somebody like Mascherano or Hargreaves to go alongside him.

A deep lying playmaker and a tough tackling defensively minded midfielder in the centre of the park would free the wingers a little bit and allow us a very fluid midfield in my opinion and it's something i've been saying for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

Is teh game on anywhere else but MUTV? Par examplé the net? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on manutd.com I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

No Cronaldo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As pointed out earlier on the page, MUTV say Fergie wont consider Saha, Silvestre and Ronaldo for the Fulham game.

I think Carrick could easily push up a bit and actually add more to his game in doing so.

He's good enough on the ball to see and play through balls from around and outside the area as well as generally being in the latter stages of moves rather than necessarily always picking it up from the back 4 and finding a winger with a raking pass

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

well we might not be signing anyone but i think everyone would have exchanged that for carter being banned. great day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves is coming, just wait... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source? or just faith?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the performance up to our goal was very dodgy, apart from the odd player but after the goal we were very much in control and were also very unlucky not to score more.

Ronny was just fantastic and I also thought the whole defensive line was impressive given recent performances. Our midfield still needs sorting out and the sooner we play Rooney and Saha up top, the better.

MotM: Ronaldo

2nd: Rio

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

And lets face it, you didn't need to add the 'a scouser' bit to your initial comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well you say that, but he has a reasonably well-paying job and access to the internet - mail order brides are all the rage these days apparently

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Ok, am I the only who feels people are overreacting just a little here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the basis that its just the Carling Cup?

p.s. Fixed your italics...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Si, who was the bald fella who came over to me, never seen him before in my life icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Wasn't it the guy who I usually go with, if not might have been my dad.

You there when united started wrecking the umbrella's?

In fairness, it was quite a mixed reaction.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

He's a ruddy good player. Would be happy to see him come to us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

He's a good prospect but I bet we end up paying over the odds if it happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I dont really understand the need for another defender especially in that price bracket for someone without real top quality experince :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'd rather we didn't spend megabucks on someone who would look to use himself to raise his profile and reputation to earn himself a move to Serie A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgrapefruits:

Are we seriously buying this Vidic chap for defence when it's plain bloody obvious that we need about 3 midfielders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

I'll be delighted if he's a no holds barred tough man kick 'em into space defender and is GOOD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

We need midfielders more than defenders, no matter how well we're playing of late. But yeah, if this guy's Gaby Mk II and we're not paying over the odds, I won't quibble. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Is anybody else really concerned about how much money we're reportedly looking to pay for this guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Not sure what to make of it as I've never seen him play, but if he's in the same league as Heinze and keeps O'Shea out of the side, then it can't be bad. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If we are buying another Heinze for £7m then great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If this guy is like Gaby I'll cream my pants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Vidic looks like Frankenstein's deranged cousin icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkeat:

vidic looks ****ing hard tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vidic looks like he's just stepped off the set of Under Siege 3 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Genuine question: Can anyone think of headed goals by Rooney for United?

I was just thinking about it and can't recall him scoring any with his head. Can anyone tell me any, there is probably loads but I can't think atm.

Tomorrow will be my 4th visit to Villa Park. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney has never scored with his head for united and not sure if he did when he was at Everton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Label them icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can barely see me, let alone them two icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I need a HD TV icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

okay just seen the interview, what a f**king legend icon_biggrin.gif

so arrogant :*)

the questions were a complete and utter joke though. get f'kd English media. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree totally! Sort of interview that puts him up there in the "idol" category. He must be the most confident person in the world right now, you can see that in his performances and interviews. Long may he continue!

Also looking forward to Foster coming back next season, hopefully will be given a proper chance to replace VDS, doubt he's got many years left in him despite still being an imense keeper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Could probably get Tim Cahill in actually, if we fail with Hargreaves. Be cheaper.

*whistles* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's like saying "I can't buy an Aston Martin so i might as well buy a Skoda"

totally dont get the richards thing. good player, superb in the air and built like a marine but have seen nothing to make me think he would be close to nevilles brilliance going forward (zero threat crossing wise which is arguably nevilles biggest plus over other 'good' right backs) and positionally goes missing at times.

miguel the next best thing to neville and a few years younger, plus him and ronnie could taunt the opposition in portuguese as they breeze past them. nice.

• 3 weeks later...

tbf we deserved that for kicking back and having a cold one at 1-0 instead of actually putting it away beforehand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup. can't really complain.

• 3 weeks later...

They fail to mention our injuries though. We too lost Edwin for a few games. Lost our whole back 4 at one point, why does it matter that we were a few points in front at that time?

Not to mention Saha, he was fantastic for us in the first half of the season, just watch the games back he scored lots of goals and was great. He was a huge miss with a mis-firing Rooney.

didnt Giggs miss a month at one point? Scholes had two suspensions to face.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived