The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

Probably best off making a thread about it BBB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awww icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two threads just confusing me now icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the glint in his eye was from him think "Oh the fans are gonna love it when we say Giggs and O'shea is our new midefield - its like a brand new signing in that its their first proper season as mid-field generals"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

If I had a quid for every time we've been linked with Defoe over the last 5/6 years I'd get a ST myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

carl cort?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheepah:

Been looking at that kit for 26 mins now, and I'm just as sure as I was 26 minutes ago that it is the worst Manyoo kit I've ever seen.

****ing awful :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate it, but tbf it's only a one year commerative retro thing so it's to be expected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FRESH from denying reports that he had said Chelsea are hell-bent on ruining football, Sir Alex Ferguson provided evidence to suggest that he is hell-bent on getting his psychological retaliation in early this season.

He will be unable to pin the blame on errant South African journalists this time, given that his remarks came in the latest edition of Manchester United’s official club magazine, Inside United. While championing the greatest bargains of his tenure, Ferguson welcomed Andriy Shevchenko to England by asking whether he is really 35 times better than Eric Cantona, who signed for United in 1992. While few would disagree with Ferguson’s appraisal, the fact that he used Chelsea’s record purchase to highlight the Frenchman’s cut-price genius had an air of mischief about it.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose he thinks Veron is 28 times better than Cantona then icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

fergie saying that the summer spending definitely isn't finished and it will be a midfielder.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh where?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

I'd just like to point out that this thread title now rules and is utterly correct. Because we all know that "Momo" is an utter abortion of a player. Bloody Kopites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that abortion of a player Everton wanted to sign, who then dominated you on your own ground icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

In the most stylishly effortless way possible. Passers-by were applauding and everything.

Nah, Keith in the lake blatantly the highlight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does any one else have any lumps on them??€

gotm them all over mostly legs mind </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't say I've noticed any. I'd get yourself to the doctors dude icon_redface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was expecting a blue algae comment tbh icon_wink.gif

i had some on my arms earlier on mind so its just a few heat spots i guess

provided i leave them alone they'l vnaish

either that or mart had fleas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Good game, impressed with Ronaldos finishing and his all round game tbh. D Jones, Dazzle, Bardsley and Ole were immaculate. Yus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more there, roll on Seville.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss makes European promise

Sir Alex Ferguson has vowed to repay United fans and do better in Europe this season ahead of Thursday's Champions League draw.

Reds' followers have endured a torrid time in the competition over the last two years having seen United crash out against AC Milan at the last 16 stage and last term finish bottom of their group.

After two blistering performances in their first two games of the domestic campaign, Sir Alex is urging his players to carry their momentum into Europe.

"After last season I've got a real thirst about it," he told MUTV. "We really have to repay our fans and the club for a disappointing campaign last year and we won't let them down this time.

"We've had a good start to the season but it's very important we don't suffer any long term injuries because they've blighted our last two campaigns.

"I really do feel there's a maturity to the team and a real sense of team-play. And I think that maturity is going to take us a long way," he added.

The draw for the Champions League group stages takes place at 17:30 BST today. ManUtd.com will bring you all the news as it happens. For more details, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just watching replay of the goal yesterday.. Ronaldo's fk technique is actually stunning.

I dont think theres anyone else who gets it to swerve then swerve again JUST before it reaches goal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame that he misses 90% of them icon_frown.gif

Another reason for me not going to the wall. I don't want to be busted by the police.

And tbh writing to the owners of the wall asking if you can sit there probably won't work. Its probably some 80 year old woman scared witless every match day when 5 odd looking blokes sit there and she has to double bolt the door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

he is an easy target which is why the journos go after him.

last minute winner v the scousers >>>* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf that was definitely one of the top 3 moments of last season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mart itching to bite.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

t's just a shame that a hell of a lot of the fanbase doesn't gaf about the Glazers and are blinded that the fact we are top of the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something from the Liverpool when discussing their impending takeover. The opposite is also true though, a minority of the fanbase will not listen to anything on the other side of the 'divide', blinded by their pure hatred of the Glazer's and what they have done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what's to listen to on the other side of this divide then? the Glazers are nothing but bad news

barca are the best team in europe. IF we qualify, i dont want us to be avoiding these teams i want to see how we do against them. better that than going out without a whimper to some budget portuguese team.

in fact, just writing that i feel like sobbing because in the last 3 years we have twice gone out to a budget portuguese team, and could do for a third time tomorrow icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Never mind paying whomever for reading when you paying me for my stuff??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as you just took out a loan you are hardly in desperate need. I owe you £75?

Martin, if the guy is going Fulham away then I can pay him then if he would prefer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the laon money is paying off my credit cards, exisiting loan and my car there is no excess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i actually think it is going to be our duty, if not the duty of one of the other english teams, to knock liverpool out. otherwise i can see them getting to the final tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea can do it, distract them from the league etc icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant? It was a light hearted remark commenting on your post which resembled a threat more than anything else icon_biggrin.gif

I'll cope with being "irrational" if it means that I'm not like you thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

Also he has 6 seconds to get rid of it or it's an indirect free kick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf that's NEVER enforced these days. i make a point of counting (geeeeeeeeeek) and refs just ignore keepers holding on to it for 10-15 seconds all the time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

maybe I'm wrong, but why keep aplayer for ayear through njury, and then when he finaly gets fit you get rid of him? I dont think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's the alternative? Who'd buy him while he was injured?

Archived