The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> What exactly was Ronaldo supposed to do? Rooney stamped on a team-mate of his. Was he supposed to stand and admire it? Chuckle at the bulldog spirit of his Manchester United colleague? If Ronaldo had stamped on Gary Neville in similar circumstances and Rooney had piled in, we'd have salivated over the all-for-one-one-for-all spirit of England. That's all Ronaldo did. He was then pushed by Rooney, a gesture which he didn't seek to magnify by going down, and the ref decided to send Rooney off. That's the ref's fault for overreacting quite pathetically to the push, not Ronaldo's.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah blah blah.

Not interested. As far as i'm concerned Ronaldo is a cretin.

I am sick and tired of this "defend all United players no matter what" lunacy. Not the refs fault, Rooneys fault for raising his hands. No need whatsoever for Ronaldo to cross the pitch to remonstrate, the rest of the team didn't feel the need to.

he's a c**t end of story.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

I would just like to subtley infer that in fact, I am a United fan more than any other team, yet thanks to people like Nick (and Mart kind of : /), am constantly made to feel guilty about it.

But hey, thankfully I haven't had to put up with that since I was 7. I've had worse.

And from people who then became Liverpool fans, rather hilariously icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't care less who you support mate, I just think you're a bit of a moron :/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I forgot to mention that anyone following up with a jpshakehead.sml.gif in response to the banning is immediately banned from the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your threats carry no weight in here. You're not in the Buffy thread now. jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

User of the Year lays the smackdown! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Are your reserves good or are Celtic just really really really bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>usually win the league have doen for the last few

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

What did you get in it mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Membership card (obviously), Official yearbook (basically a review of last season), a DVD (top 10 goals from last season, virtual tour of OT, players awards ceremony etc. also combines as a DVD-Rom with a trivia quiz), loads of advertisments trying to get my money icon15.gif & best of all, an electronic bottle opener which chants United when you use it icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Heskey scored for Wigan. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's upside-down day \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

I thought Watford battled pretty well - always looked like they would come up short but have looked decent on all 3 games so far this season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you mean relegation candidates then? Good on effort poor in overall quality.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Congrats to Ruud who became a father last night too :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guaranteed baby-rocking celebrations if he scores against Kyiv tonight icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh MAN Ruud actually scored two tonight? :*************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

both superb finishes after great link up play forging his way through their rock tight defence.

Although, seems that ala Copenhagen there won't be a loyalty pot and anyone can apply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a specific European pot.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James B:

of course we've sold out icon_biggrin.gif

where's best to have a pint beforehand mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They always closed the nearby pub when I went (Robin somemthing or other iirc). Ended up in a Frankie & Bennies ffs. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boltoners barred from all Wigan pubs

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

I know he's ups and downs, well ups and maybe 'a' down, but what about your thoughts on fergie being the best manger of modern times? only Wenger comes close, but even then, he whinges more.

On the flip side, it's been mentioned Fergie was hit and miss in the transfer market and was lucky to have his English core that came through the youth system, to fall back on. Now, this is a man who signed Mr Cantona, and imo just as influencial Schmeical, but what do you think?

Obviusly none of them were David Ginola but we can't all be perfect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You look at the prolonged success we have had and a lot of that does owe to having that one group of kids all come through at once but we had to sign them, train them and then give them a chance which at such a young age did seem stupid to people when it happened.

But to go back before that you had that fantastic 94 double winning side that was our best side under Fergie for me. I am convinced we could have won the European cup without the foreigner rule.

Schmeichel, Parker, Bruce, Pallister, Irwin, Kanchelskis, Keane, Ince, Giggs, Cantona, Hughes, Sharpe, McClair, Robson and the others i'm forgetting at this moment.

He bought them all with the exception of Robson and Giggs. Yes Pallister and Keane were british records i know but Schmic, Kanchelskis and Cantona were real bargains and to net Sharpe from Torquay.

Yes his transfer have seemed hit and miss in recent years but he is the greatest manager the club has ever seen and will be remembered as such.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

The problem of course with the notion of debating the merits of particular players relative to a specific form of categorization is that the parameters used to define said category inevitably play a part in the discussion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you. the problem is, having done this debate a number of times before, they always become the discussion.

Maybe pose the question while setting the parameters yourself, rather than sticking with Fergie's vague "world class" term?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Rene Meulensteen has resigned from Brondby... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do the right thing Fergie.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

the goal's not working for me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It died for me after 6% the first time, tried again and it worked.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

i take it larrsson will be starting at lille then? would rather saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best bit of business our former chairman done getting £2m+ for that waste of space, I know Saha isn't the quality you require, but the bloke isn't on the same level as Daveeed.

• 2 weeks later...

24 in August, so icon_frown.gif

Many happy returns to you though Mart! icon14.gif

Anyone else read on BBCs football gossip that Keano has put his Manager of the Month award in the garage because "he doesn't want pats on the back"?

I know its probably from a tabloid & its been probably been sensationalised but the sentiment doesn't sound out of character for the man, i.e. he's not won anything until he's won anything, and even when he does he'll hide it away so looking at it doesn't quell his desire to win.

Keano going to be such a good manager. icon_cool.gif *fingers crossed*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I finally think after seeing that, we have a real chance of completing the job now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't start saying things like that, it's been going fine with your constant lack of belief. Don't muck with it when it's working </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point.

Umm, yeah those bans/injures are really going to cost us, Blackburn and Bolton are tough teams and they'll run us close even at OT. Without Scholes and Rooney we could quite frankly lose both games, lose to Chelsea and boom, title is theres icon_frown.gif People just too giddy atm icon_frown.gif

is there where our luck with injuries this season starts to run out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I chuffing well hope not. We've been so much better than Chelsea this season so far, sure they're winning games but not in the style that United have done.

I agree another striker is a definate must. Larsson has done alright but he's back home soon. Saha is nowhere near good enough, inconsistent and always liable to pick up an injury.

Fernando Torres would be an ideal striker to partner Rooney, it's just weather or not Fergie is looking at him as a possible signing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The goal seemed to be bad luck more than anything, if you're going to blame Brown then you could also say VDS should have held on to the ball. Rooney missed two easy chances, Park has been poor, Giggs hasn't done anything except for one nice pass, and Ferdinand is killing me with his lazy passing.

Despite all that I think they'll turn it around in the second half.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I'd shoot the ****er in the leg and watch him bleed to death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd drive him mad (a short trip tbf)

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Ashley Cole? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it. Gives everyone fair warning that I'm a bit of a ****. Bling and I could swap numbers for full effect.

Hi guys. Can i just point you in the direction of this, which is from an e-mail i've received in work ( i work at the Christie hospital in manchester for anyone who doesn't know, which is a cancer hospital)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> TO ALL STAFF

Manchester United is picking four local charities to actively support for the next three years.

Charities have to make submissions and the public is then asked for vote on the Man United website for which charity they think the club should support.

The charities that receive the top number of votes then go to the last stage which is a presentation to the charity board.

Our charity is on the list and it would be fantastic for the hospital if we were chosen.

Can you therefore all please click on the link below and vote for us. You can only make one vote but please do it before this Friday as the deadline is 27th April.

To all those blues fanatics who are troubled about going on the Man United website, just take a deep breath and remember this is for our patients. You will have total anonymity !

If you can forward the link to friends and family to do the same we would be very grateful.

You can vote by clicking at the bottom of the following link where it reads: 'Please vote online for your preferred national and local charities. <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=76763727381> ' You will need to select both a preferred national charity (your choice) and local one (Christie's) .

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously if anyone has strong feelings about any of the other charities, they all do good work and would be deserving. But if any of you wouldn't mind voting for the Christie, it would be much appreciated. They do fantastic work generally, but the work with children and young adults is particularly good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived