The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unless they've been correctly marked as our feeder club and that overrides this stat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, that would be ace if you could put that down.

Rossi and pique on loan please for the season in exchange for first option on all our best players, like David Healey and Sean Greegan ? icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

if it was that offensive they could have just erased it.

I imagine they agreed with every word said, but felt compelled to crack down anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm hoping the mods are just too into the world cup, so the excessive yellows are simply a by product of the latest FIFA directives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> AS is most commonly diagnosed in children but is also found in adults. Assistance for core symptoms of AS consists of therapies that address poor communication skills, obsessive or repetitive routines, and physical clumsiness. Most individuals with AS can learn to cope with their differences, but may continue to need support to maintain an independent life </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you can copy and paste, good work. So tell me that does that mean. I mean come on if Ive got it I wont understand that will I???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Yeah, forgot to say - three United players in at all times, blatantly icon14.gif

I'd be tempted to say no Citeh players, but I doubt it really needs to be said... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get your own ideas icon_mad.gif

Can I join icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

He called me fat, I'm knocking a fiver off the bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're knocking a fiver off for me telling the truth?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

One other thing. We've all jumped to the conclusion that Rossi out = Trez in. There's also the possibility that as Mika said earlier, Giggs and Scholes are being looked at as possible backup attackers, but only now because there's less need for them in midfield as that's the position where we're bringing someone in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing we all seem to think is that we are signing someone. I cant wait for tommorow to go without a signing. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure how many actually believe we will. In my case it's hope, added to the belief that the timing of Rossi being allowed to leave on loan after thinking he was staying making it seem slightly more likely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look as I said before Fergie is looking at Smith and Ole return and thinking AHA no need to sign a new striker. In actual fact I'll loan that amazing kid I've got out who's always badgering me for game time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

It's times like this when you realise that we have a bunch of jokers in charge of the team.

Saying that if we had bid for mascherano do you reckon MSI would have to get involved in the club or something?

I'm sure they were offered to chelsea and arsenal etc, maybe they turned it down for the same reason? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea could of said we have 3 teams already icon_wink.gif

Arsenal aye possibly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

If we spend over £50 million in the next 2 transfer windows I will be very surprised. It's just another line of crap to appease the fans. I don't give a crap if we can use the money at a later date, we need to use it now icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but think of the money we'll have to spend after we get rid of the debt!

We'll be able to buy Microsoft to play for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be drawing my pension before we get rid ofthe debt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick will get a job before we get rid of the debt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read that as Nick will get a job to pay off the debt.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We should mass boo every game for 90 mins, it was intimidating, like a European atmosphere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was intimidating just watching it on TV icon_biggrin.gif

Only time I can remember it at OT.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Squad

Friday, September 15, 2006

Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick, Jones, O'Shea, Richardson, Smith, Rooney, Saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Taken from Owen Hargreaves BBC column.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hey Owen, I was wondering which team did you support when you were a kid?

Thomas Zaqueu, Mozambique

I used to watch a show called Soccer Saturday on TV in Canada. It came on at 7am because of the time difference and at the time Liverpool were the big team with Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler and John Barnes. We only had one game every Saturday and it was always the big team so I grew up watching a lot of Liverpool. I was a big Steve McManaman fan as a kid.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBB isnt going to be happy. First we sign a scouser in Rooney and now we are after a McManaman lover, thats a step too far.

as for other stuff:

Rene - \O/\O/\O/. huge plus for us. wonder how long it'll be before he re-takes the reins of the reserve team, Choccy was only meant to be a temporary appointment and Rene was doing incredibly well with them before he left.

Rossi - this better be an experience thing, and we better be f**king certain Larsson is staying until May. if this is him on his way out then what chance have any of our youngsters got of ever coming through under Fergie? and if Larsson goes back in March, we're back where we were a few months ago - one injury away from having no attacking alternatives whatsoever, and a couple from having to field a makeshift strikeforce.

Gaby - his quotes are baffling. the stock exchange statement clearly says 2009, and there's absolutely no way it's this summer as we simply wouldn't have let his contract run down this far without even attempting to extend it/sell him

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

what to role out of bed and turn on sky?icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah I can watch Sky from my bed to be fair. icon_biggrin.gif

It's the logging online to get you team news /o\

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

If we could sign him i think he would do better for us than Ruud and thats saying something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh give me a break icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terribly disappointed as I was pretty confident before the game.

Depressing that United were totally outclassed. Only Scholes was anywhere near his best. Milan the best side we've played this season.

On a more positive note, if we can see off Chelsea in the league it will have been a superb season, whatever happens in the FA Cup, and totally beyond my expectations.

• 2 weeks later...

and they join this long list:

Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year

1988/89 Bryan Robson

1989/90 Gary Pallister

1990/91 Mark Hughes

1991/92 Brian McClair

1992/93 Paul Ince

1993/94 Eric Cantona

1994/95 Andrei Kanchelskis

1995/96 Eric Cantona

1996/97 David Beckham

1997/98 Ryan Giggs

1998/99 Roy Keane

1999/00 Roy Keane

2000/01 Teddy Sheringham

2001/02 Ruud van Nistelrooy

2002/03 Ruud van Nistelrooy

2003/04 Cristiano Ronaldo

2004/05 Gabriel Heinze

2005/06 Wayne Rooney

Players' Player of the Year

2004/05 Gabriel Heinze

2005/06 Ryan Giggs

Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year

1985/86 Simon Ratcliffe

1986/87 Gary Walsh

1987/88 Lee Martin

1988/89 Mark Robins

1989/90 Mark Robins

1990/91 Jason Lydiate

1991/92 Brian Carey

1992/93 Colin McKee

1993/94 Nicky Butt

1994/95 Kevin Pilkington

1995/96 Michael Appleton

1996/97 Michael Clegg

1997/98 Michael Twiss

1998/99 Jonathan Greening

1999/00 Mark Wilson

2000/01 Michael Stewart

2001/02 John O’Shea

2002/03 Darren Fletcher

2003/04 David Jones

2004/05 Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

2005/06 Giuseppe Rossi

Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year

1989/90 Lee Martin

1990/91 Ryan Giggs

1991/92 Ryan Giggs

1992/93 Paul Scholes

1993/94 Philip Neville

1994/95 Terry Cooke

1995/96 Ronnie Wallwork

1996/97 John Curtis

1997/98 Wesley Brown

1998/99 Wesley Brown

1990/00 Bojan Djordic

2000/01 Alan Tate

2001/02 Paul Tierney

2002/03 Ben Collett

2003/04 Jonathan Spector

2004/05 Giuseppe Rossi

2005/06 Darron Gibson

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

I ended up walking home topless that night as my shirt ended up on a roof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i did that you ot would fupping complain

again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cos your an old man who cant handle his booze iirc?

Basically everytime we go to Martin's after a game he always bursts in first & makes us stand outside whilst he 'tidies' his room. As you can see this 'tidying' involves pushing everything under his bed. I reckon there is probably a whole ecosystem evolving under there now.

I also saw that cup many times.

Archived