The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedefiningForm:

I'm sorry the collective Manc has to look like Venus Williams icon_frown.gif

On a bad day icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What in the blue hell are you babbling about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

So erm yeah, it appears that I was a bit of a **** yesterday and monged out a bit too much and for that I apologise. I especially offer apologies to daaaaave and scatter and everyone who read my post. I was still angry and it was slightly out of character for me.

It won't happen again, I promise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahaha.

Also Ronaldo hate so bad. icon13.gif

HE WINKED FFS. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

polack knows the score icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good to see Dong scoring btw, what's the likelyhood of him getting a work-permit in the near future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He scored on his debut for China, so the more appearances he makes for them the better chance of getting a WP.

AGOVV \o/. I had an awesome FM game with them.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

What Nick?? Are you demented or deliberately that way?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, someone's just reached 'd' on their dictionary toilet paper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

*Shakes head* Bling...

Quick hypothetical though...(not even sure that this would be possible)

A last-day Citeh win against Liverpool is needed to win the league and stop the Scousers from achieving the same thing. Somehow this victory also seals our relegation from the Prem whereas a Liverpool draw or victory doesn't.

Do you still refuse to root for the Scousers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes absolutely no sense icon_biggrin.gif How could a result between two teams at the top of the table affect our relegation chances?

What you should have said was... either we go down, Citeh stay up and Liverpool don't win the league, or we stay up, Citeh go down and Liverpool win the league.

In which case, I don't know.

I finish work at 11 on Sunday so I will be changing & going straight from work. With roadworks & traffic I could be there anywhere from 12-1pm.

Nick you had better not be late & you had better remember the ticket. Someone had better bring lots of beer too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Giggs 95

Ruud 95

Cole 93

Scholes 89

Ole 84 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 10 players have scored over 100 league goals for us. Hughes was the last to do it.

Mon Giggs getting 5 this season icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cleverest player

[Long pause] I’d say Sheasy. I’m not the thickest, but I think Sheasy is probably the cleverest in the squad.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprising imo, I would have thought the opposite might be the case

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

smith has looked... pedestrian in the few appearances he's made so far this season. easily written off as a lack of match fitness, and it probably is.

the ultimate pessimistic question (mika, nick, i'm disappointed you haven't asked this icon_frown.gif ) would be - for all the concern over ole "never being the same after his bout of serious injuries", it's also true that smith needs to answer/face the same prospect. better players than smudger have failed to fully recover serious leg breaks, what's to say smith will?

so, he needs games; we need to see if he's truly recovered (as a player that is, not from the specific injury); we need cover for our rather small squad.

which is more important? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't tar me with the same pessimistic brush ffs icon_biggrin.gif

completely agree that there has to be a serious question mark - Smudger is a player who's always relied heavily on the physical side of the game, putting himself about, working hard, getting stuck in, other related clichés, it's entirely possible that the nature of his injury might present both physical and psychological problems in terms of getting back to that. he seems strong-minded enough to get over it, but you can't really tell.

he's look a country mile off the pace in every game i've seen him in this season (reserves included), and while i appreciate it leaves us hugely short on cover and seriously tempts fate re: Saha's fitness, i'm not entirely convinced that pushing Giggs/Ronaldo up and bringing fletch in is a worse option than playing Smithy in his current capacity. Ole (touch wood) should be back in 2/3 weeks as well.

Someone on RI is absolutely convinced we can recall Fraizer Campbell from Antwerp at short notice. i still doubt that but if we could, he'd arguably be a better bet than Smudge atm.

Manchester United v Everton, Wednesday 29 November, kick off 8pm

We have a small number of tickets available and these can be purchased by One United Members only by telephoning 0870 442 1999 weekdays from 9am to 5pm (subject to availability).

If you have not yet renewed your Membership and would like to apply for match tickets please telephone 0870 442 1994, option 5 or visit One United

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Fans urged to raise the roof

Sir Alex has urged the Old Trafford crowd to make themselves heard when the Reds entertain Chelsea in Sunday’s top-of-the-table Premiership clash.

The United boss believes vocal support from the home fans could make all the difference as the Reds attempt to go six points clear of Jose Mourinho’s men.

“We want supporters supporting,†the manager said at his pre-match press conference. “We have a fantastic support who, when they’re really fired up, are the best. And they need to be that on Sunday because it’s such an important game.â€

The manager said his players would have no trouble preparing for the occasion and dismissed suggestions that victory over Chelsea meant less than the scalps of traditional rivals like Liverpool or Manchester City.

“If you’re playing someone who’s top of the league alongside you then there’s a significance there. That doesn’t change, whether they wear blue, red or green. The only concern I have is that we’ve got 76,000 people in that stadium on Sunday and they’d better shout.â€

Victory is vital and would put the Reds in a commanding title position. “We have the prospect of going six points clear and have them chasing us, rather than us chasing them,†he added.

“When you’re competing with a team at the top of the league, you’re praying that other teams can help you by taking points off your immediate challenger. But we have an opportunity to do that ourselves this time. It should be a fantastic game.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

here's my point condensed into a tiny glistening nugget of truth

Manchester United "supporters" are nothing more than consumers to the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As apposed to the rest of the big teams icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ill-deserved but its still a victory. Possibly the closest display to park football I've ever seen by a top level side after the 1st 6 minutes. I'm trying to measure our lowest points this season against tonights performance and I actually think that even in defeat this victory was our poorest (NB may be gut reaction). So many moments where sublime actions like winning the ball, finding space or making a good run became horror shows of execution.

Very few of our second stringers made a case for breaking into the first team. Saha at least looked bothered and bright until he started getting closed down by multiple men and kicked to bits by Bikey, but still functioned better than most so I guess he's my MOM. Ole gets second for running his ******** off.

MOM: Saha

2ND: OGS

I've left the TV to write this, who did we get Boro or WBA? God help us if we conspire to play like this again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

any news when west ham ballot is? gonna make a night out in manc afterwards etc hopefully to celebrate/drown my sorrows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never gonna get a tick, but might head up to Manc to watch the game from a pub.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, funniest moment is entirely open to interpretation. can be otf-related, something that happened in a match, something on an away trip, whatever

and you don't have to if you don't want to, no. can leave it blank or just list 1/2 if you like.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I've started revising what the reasons behind why Britain fell behind the US in terms of productivity at the end of the 19th century :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mass-production processes ftw surely?

Tbh I can barely remember anything from British economic history... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty much. Just doing whether it was down to increased globalization and Britain continuing to specialize in the old industries of the industrial revolution OR down to entrepenurial failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived