The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

On Ronaldo i can't believe there is pro-ronaldo people on yesterday antics. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't a United player he tried to get sent off. The fact is, playing in an international or not, he tried to get one of his own team mates sent off. How can he expect that will be accepted? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ghahahaha,

where do we get all these idiots from? I thought Keyser was expecting the arrival of his first child.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

tbf I only have 3 Nurofen tablets in the house, even that won't go right for me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its paracetomol you need tbh icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Also,stop with the crap "OMG HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER" mentality and accept that he's a greasy diving bas' who's being rightly castigated by our righteous media for his disgraceful on the field antics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bahahaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See you next week on "Fishing with Keyser" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bait will need be disguised a little better than that next week tbf. "righteous media" is a giveaway even for the most willing biter icon_biggrin.gif

Former Manchester United and Celtic star Roy Keane is believed to be on the verge of making a sensational return to Old Trafford.

Keane only signed for Celtic from Manchester United in December 2005 but decided to quit last month after receiving medical advice on his hip problem. It’s believed that Keane and Ferguson patched up their differences during a romantic meal after his testimonial game. Keane’s return to United was agreed amidst a drug addled night of celebration in a Berlin brothel after England’s embarrassing capitulation to Portugal.

‘If this time next month my body is holding up and my hip is OK, and the knee, and Sir Alex feels I can still contribute then who knows," said Keane.

Keane joined United from Nottingham Forest for a then British record £3.75m in 1993 but had a long-standing desire to play for Celtic.

He returned to Old Trafford last month for what was expected to be his last appearance - in his testimonial between Celtic and United, watched by almost 70,000 fans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master Blasta:

Blaine or any of the FC lot, if you read this what happened at the FC alty game? And what do you think of Steve Smith (worsel from Leigh RMI)? He knocks about with a couple of lads I go down to FC with and sometimes see him in the gym, only just found out he is on trial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A mate of mine at work was right next to it, some kids celebrated when FC scored and did the easeh chant and then got layed into by some FCUM "fans"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

what were you doing last night keyser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think i saw him at an all you can eat Chinese in Burton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you didn't see the owner committing suicide, it wasn't Keyser.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

none of Stockport is fantastic mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apart from Danni off of Hollyoaks coming from there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Just a quick question, if we were to sign Hargreaves/Senna/a holding midfielder(I dont think we will sign anyone tbh) who would you play in the middle, would you drop Scholsey or Carrick? Because it would seem a bit daft spending 18mill on someone to sit on the bench </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We won't

But if we did, I'd probably rotate between Scholes Carrick and Hargs.

With any 2 way combination of the 3 being ffffb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Park is an extremely strong bench player.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how many games has he improved from the bench?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

and then there's the one on the main forum, when a girl was raped at alton towers "a ride she wasn't expecting"

must.engage.brain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not been yet ffs stop posting things that aint happened icon_wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

not sure fella. I've not actually seen the tickets yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was about £30 last season wasn't it?

Just I am borrowing the money for the ticket until I get paid. No rush to know though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its £36

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I’m still neutral, I haven’t seen a dip in the club as yet, so I am still not a hater. But SSN saying they have been a success because we won the Carling Cup is utter ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you haven't seen a dip? what about the summer transfer activity?

oh yeah, we 'splashed out' on Carrick, my bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much has he bid on them? genuine question? icon_biggrin.gif

the answer is precisely zero btw, and that's straight from David Gill's mouth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Have we actually even spoken to Bayern about Owen ?

I wouldn't say I'm 'coming round' to the idea of Defoe in a United shirt, but at least he's a pacey striker with movement who'd suit our fluid front line to an extent. And he's arguably a better finisher than Saha.

The major drawbacks I could see are he's about 3ft 4 and so with Rooney in the team as well and Scholes our other player getting forward our good wide play would be essentially useless. And he's a greedy bastard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From ages ago

UNITED

Reading H - 3 3

Newcastle A - 3 1

Villa H - 3 3

Arsenal A - 0 0

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 3

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 0

Bolton H - 3

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 1

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 3

City A - 3

West Ham H - 3

Total 43 (50) - 93 91

CHELSEA

Fulham H - 3 1

Villa A - 3 1

Wigan H - 3 3

Liverpool A - 1 0

Blackburn H - 3

Charlton A - 3

Boro H - 3

Man City A - 3

Portsmouth A - 3

Shef U H - 3

Watford A - 3

Spurs H - 3

West Ham A - 3

Man Utd H - 3

Newcastle A - 3

Bolton H - 1

Arsenal A - 0

Everton H - 3

Total 47 (46) - 93 88

Erm, so yeah, I've now SOMEHOW got us winning the league by 3 points icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

just to let you guys know interview didnt go great, but picked up AFTER i got my **** out, who wouldnt thought! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what company

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Have we completely written off Tim Howard btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't see him not signing for Everton permanently myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. He has been very good for Everton but shown nothing that says he could come back here and do as well as VDS.

Howard has had his chance and while good is not first choice material at Old Trafford.

the only time we visit the council house this season will be to clinch the title* icon_cool.gif

*not really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be worth you winning the title just to see what happens in and outside the ground icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Saha was utterly abysmal, worst i've ever seen him play - no first touch, no movement, no effort or workrate and never looked like scoring the chances he had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't mince your words Nick.

• 2 weeks later...

And what gonch said, it's 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you've already written off our games against Chelsea and Liverpool so it's actually 0?

Master at work :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not one of Scholesy's bestest games actually. I know he got the goal but he was a little quiet at times icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

This is totally off topic but is there an OTF non-league thread (Conference et al.) I've missed when using the search function because of a random name?

Don't want to add a new topic if I've missed it unintentionally.

And its not that I want to start a non-league appreciation thread, I've just got a question that needs answering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8191933985/m/9532072632/r/9532072632#9532072632

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I honestly know nothing about that railway line next to OT. Is it really busy? Never seen any trains go down it on non-matchdays when I have been around the ground. I just assumed it would get matchday trains & maybe a few industrial trains. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's mainly freight stuff i think but i've been past there on a train to liverpool once so i assume a few passenger services go down there as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Ferguson hails outstanding Smith

Smith should be fit to face Middlesbrough on Saturday

Alan Smith's comeback from serious injury has been a major factor in Manchester United's treble challenge, according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Smith, 26, has been in impressive form for United since returning from a broken leg suffered 14 months ago.

"He has been absolutely unbelievable," said Ferguson. "His form in the last three games has been outstanding.

"He has brought a freshness and an infectious enthusiasm which is spreading throughout the team."

Smith was a surprise inclusion in the Champions League quarter-final second-leg meeting with Roma on 10 April.

But the former Leeds striker took his chance by scoring in the 7-1 thrashing of the Italian giants.

Smith then followed up that display with good performances in the league victories against Watford and Sheffield United as United kept up their hunt for the treble.

They remain top of the Premiership, are through to the FA Cup final against Chelsea, and will play AC Milan in the Champions League semi-finals.

"When you think of what he has been through, how he has handled it and the way he is approaching his football, he has been first class," said Ferguson.

"I cannot speak more highly of him than that."

Despite three games in a week so soon after his comeback, Ferguson expects Smith to be fit for the Premiership game against Middlesbrough on Saturday. [/b]

ASifffffffffffb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

its only really mark whinging because he knows at his advanced age time is precious. good work imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you want to waste your twilight years listening to Nick prattle on?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

A goal down at Anfield. 15 minutes to go. Park on the bench. Would you really expect him to come on and make any difference at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly, but only because i'd be hauling that useless welsh **** Giggs off and anyone (bar Keiran) would be an improvement.

Archived