The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

the three of you shut up now you irritating pus filled boils on the arse of this thread icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You being the arse?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Any of the Manchester lot fancy Altrincham V FC Utd next Wednesday at Moss Lane? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Go to AFC game on 22nd of july and i will buy you a pint

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Total League

124(16)

Total FA Cup

19(2)

Total League Cup

14(1)

Total Europe

34(6)

Total

191(25) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok here's my two cents on todays events:

Ruud Depature: Terrible to see him go, a real legend (no pun intentional) although I have to come to terms with it as have most of you guys no doubt. now the much debated fee, I think that anything over 10 million for a 30 year old, out of form striker that has been unhappy at his club as long as Rudd was is a good bit of business , don't forget we paid 19 million for him over 5 years ago now and he is now 'past his prime' imo.I'm not going to go into what happened between him and Ferguson because no-one actually knows , other than the two of them and I don't think people should jump to conclussions at the end of the day noone (not even Ferguson) is bigger than the club.

The Carrick Transfer saga: Well as I said yesterday, I ouldnt care less about the fee , just as long as we actually signed a midfielder to strengthen a position, which otherwise would have seen O'shea, Fletch or Giggs fill in. In fact I have been a bit of an admirer of Carrick's since the Tottenham game 1 or 2 years ago ( the one where the ball went over the line but THAT goal wasn't given).I think over the past few years we have been lacking the killer pass, especially since Beckham left only Scholes has been able to pick out a long ball, which enabled us to counter attack effectively, so in that instance I belive that Carrick will be a decent player for us, maybe not the ball winner which we still need, but he still will improve the midfield a great deal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Didn't Carrick have the highest tackles won percentage or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly, but what is 1 or 2 % when you consider Momo made a hell of a lot more successful tackles in a hell of a lot less games?

...And Momo is about 4 years younger then Carrick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well for starters that shows Carrick isnt AS far behind as some would believe in terms of tackling ability.

And secondly Carrick is so much better in possession.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Villarreal tell United to name Senna price

MADRID, Aug 8 (Reuters) - Villarreal will allow midfielder Marcos Senna to move to Manchester United as long as the English side make a good enough offer for the Spain international.

'Manchester rang us at the end of last week and asked us if we were prepared to sit down and negotiate,' Villarreal director Jose Manuel Llaneza was quoted as saying in sports daily El Mundo Deportivo on Tuesday.

'If the offer is positive for everyone, then the club will be happy to agree to Marcos leaving. If there is no deal then there will be no problem with him staying at the club.'

The 30-year-old Brazilian-born central midfielder was part of the Spain squad in the World Cup and was a key figure in Villarreal's run to the semi-finals of the Champions League last season.

Villarreal have brought in midfielders Robert Pires, Cani and Leandro Somoza during the close season as well as Turkish striker Nihat Kahveci. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DIE icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gómés:

Sign him up Fergie - he reminds me of a young Beckham, in his workrate and stamina around the pitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more like a young phil neville tbh. id be pretty uninspired if we bought him, particularly if its anywhere near the £14m bayern want. he's decent and hard working but not at all creative and isnt really a tough tackling diarra/senna type that i think we should be making a priority.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just reading his Wiki page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> More recently O'Shea has been utilised in the centre of midfield by Ferguson as United are short of cover in that position. Since being used in this position he has been considered increasingly impressive by fans and pundits alike, and is considered to have played a significant role in providing the stability which enabled United to extend their winnning run to 9 games, after defeating rivals Arsenal 2-0 on Sunday 9th April 2006. It is now widely believed that he is regaining to the form which made him an exciting prospect several seasons previously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Say what?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You can have James' ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't want it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will have the ticket I normally have. Plus I know how much your parents love Nick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's an utter joke, just glad that I'm a season ticket holder and don't have to put up with this shambles.

I can see them aboloshing membership altogether next season or half season, season tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes

if i said i couldn't afford to pay for your ST and mine on the spot what would you do???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Would rather have team of Scousers playing for us than Ronaldo at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Me too, Cronaldo is f**king disgusting I hope he joins Beckham and soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

blaming ronnie \0/

morons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

f**k off. no need to run to the ref like that. he's a slimey greasy diving crybaby c**t </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

I hope Ronaldo dies. And now I'm off to get hammered.

COME ONE NEW SEASON. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

underdelivering twat.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

calm down calm down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_8:

I hope Neville, Rio, Smithy, Rooney and the Horse kick the **** out of Ronaldo tbh, **** up his career </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

Rooney is fb but I hope Ronaldo dies in a plane crash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Club didn't enter his mind. I turned against him initially, on the train home, changed my mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't care, he's leaving and RvN is staying \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niggle:

die ronaldo you greasy haired cheating cnunt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, sell him for £20 mill plus and get someone who isn't a greasy crying diver in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sick and tired of this "defend all United players no matter what" lunacy. he's a c**t end of story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zink:

if he is still here, it'll just want lots of repeated "where's yer dad gone" chants.

make the greasy nonce cry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Excolo:

Ronaldo has been inconsistent all year, and most of the time all he does is tricks, whines if he doesnt get a freekick (usually for very little contact), takes many shots which go wide/over and rarely puts in a good ball, where as Park gets on with the game, doesnt do anything fancy but has produced many more assists and cost a lot less. Not really a choice which kind of player id rather have at utd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Park > Ronaldo icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

as good a player as he is, the lad is a c0ck and to me he didn't have the look of someone who will be playing for Man United next season. There was just something about his body language to me that suggests he'll be off to pastures new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

His irritableness clearly a side effect of having Mart lodged so far up his backside on his hunt for away tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good grief.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we MUST NOT mess this up now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's almost no way you can ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't be the first time we've failed to get the result we need against West Ham on the last day of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but at Utd at home, means no way we will get anything icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">btw redblood - are you planning on going to away pub tomorrow to watch the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to go to the one Juni suggested yeh

You doing the same?

Choking up at 'replenishment assistant' icon_biggrin.gif

Could anyone be a darl and find what our transfer record was roughly the few years before Glazer, as compared to the +4m profit this season?

Just curious really.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw guys about figures.

Portuguese newspapers say about 55M € for the pair

30M € for Anderson

25.5M € for Nani

No more dissing chelsea for spending loads icon_wink.gif

couple of FB signings for you guys. icon_cool.gif

If you can discipline Nani like you did to Ronaldo icon14.gif (also buff him up to take the EPL toughness)

Anderson will get whacked so much this coming season lol..he also needs a bit of thoughning up but has potential to outshine Ronaldinho and even Cristiano, just not sure he can do it in the EPL, would think he's more suited to be a star in spain.

well played icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

shambles.

I'm running them next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you couldn't run a bath ffs

• 2 weeks later...

Saha is crocked again, according to this article on the soccernet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Saha set for long spell on the sidelines

Manchester United striker Louis Saha is likely to be out of action until 'around November or December', according to his agent.

Ranko Stojic revealed the France forward has undergone a knee operation in America in a bid to repair an injury which contributed to his disappointing season last term.

Stojic told the Manchester Evening News: 'Louis has had surgery in America and he won't be on the field now for a few months.

'I don't know when he will be able to start training again but he is looking at being back around November or December. But it is going to be a while.'

United have already been tipped to bring in reinforcements up front ahead of next year's Premier League title defence and Saha's long-term absence will hasten their search.

'There is no question that he will be changing clubs. He's been unlucky and it is very important now that he gets back to 100%.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any now we can't even sell him icon_mad.gif

Archived