The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Good, we'll lose 1-0 in a dour showing thanks to a Louis Saha own goal, who'll tear off his horrendous new kit with AIG on it to reveal a Fulham shirt underneath.

Mascherano, Fernando Torres and Ribery will be nowhere to be seen as they never signed for us but Aldo Duscher and Steven Reid will be shocked at the behaviour of their team-mate.

Fergie will be so amazed that he will die of a heart attack and Rio will get done for drug smuggling in Indonesia at half time and be sent to prison for 35 years. Carlos Quieroz will be made manager and John O'Shea will be put into midfield.

Yeah, have that Mika. Who's pessimistic now, bitch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*concedes*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

ahh, so nobody will be siding with Rooney at all when he makes any comments this year then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney > Polack, tbqh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be proven wrong this Saturday as i play for the full length of the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Packed \o/

Checking out in an hour icon_frown.gif

btw, I look like the elephant man atm, had an absolute **** of a toothache for the past few days, turned into an abcess I think, left side of my face all swollen.

mon an emergency dentists appointment about 2 mins after stepping off the plane in Blighty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

balague reckons that villareal will announce theyve accepted a bid of between £6-8m over the weekend.

COME THE **** ON. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would Senna + Carrick be your first choice central pairing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zayd:

heard ssn saying inter have agreed a fee for vieira

fingers crossed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, do it for me Inter.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

joined icon14.gif

van der sar/brown/ronaldo are my united triumvirate.

CAMWAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BANDWAGONER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was i not invited? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhh go on then, hop on icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

OH FFS.

Right where's Bauer? we need him to swoop NOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? United in need for cardboard over acting and homoerotica?

We already have Cronaldo for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Acou such a glory hunter icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why's he support United then? We're winning feck all this year...

Actually, why does everyone in here support United? I know some are Manchester born and bred (Mark g, Blaine), but not sure about the rest. My grandad was a Worsley boy who got me into football in the first place (my dad being south african and not really understanding the game), and seeing as there ain't many teams near Malvern it was sort of natural that I'd follow the team he talked about all the time. Went to my first game at OT and the rest is history...

I can understand Ronaldo not looking interested yesterday if he mum is ill. I would have siad it was better to drop him but thinking baout it we have nobody else if he had been left out icon_frown.gif

I think yesterday goes to show how crap our backup is.

Another point with regards to Ronaldo & not going forward as much yesterday was maybe due to the fact Evra seems to get bored playing left back & randonmly runs off up the win/into the middle/up front & so Ronaldo felt the need to stay further back & cover the gaping hole he was leaving.

But yeah utter shambles yesterday.

As predicted I got home & 45 minuts later my mum asks me if they won icon_mad.gif Stop pretending to care woman icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You’ve the likes of me, mark, taz, nick and terry C. discussing the real issues in a mature manner, with the rest of you scrabbling around like so many delinquents in a playground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick is honoured to have just been named in such esteemed company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hardly esteemed, tbf. rogues gallery, more like

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'd appreciate you not lumping me in with the likes of Taz. I always admit it when our crap players have decent games.. it's just that by definition it doesn't happen too often.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish you'd stop bringing me into this, especially when you are so very wrong.

• 1 month later...

To be fair, you're right, it's just that Blackburn seem to have a hold over us at Ewood Park for whatever reason, plus I remember that this fixture last season was the last time that Keyser felt optimistic, and look how that turned out.

Hell if ever I'm optimistic (it does happen), it's a guarantee that we'll lose. Fortunately I don't feel that way yet...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

oh good. 'maradona won the world cup on his own, this therefore means managers and coaches are obsolete.'

you're not the same guy who rubbished rooney for not being as good as ronaldo, are you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loving the words in the mouth comments icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Wiki, the fountain of all knowledge icon_wink.gif says that Lippi is now confirmed to take over SAF at the end of the 2007/08 season.

As somone posted above if he is appointed as DOF today it kind of all makes sense icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where does it say that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

am I right in thinking this is the schedule?

Wed Lille H

Sat/Sun Boro A (Cup)

Tue? stupid friendly thing

Sat England game

Wed England game

Sat/Sun United v Bolton?

anyway get through the Lille game, and we should see a near full strength side against boro with the internationals coming up, no reason to rest players.

So we'll be at least 6 points clear and in the CL qtr finals, and hopefully the FA Cup semis. Will Scholes be suspended for the cup game? shame he won't be available for the prem when it's back as he'll be fresh after the internationals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not quite.

Wed Lille H

Sat Boro A Cup

Wed Friendly thing

Sat Bolton H

Wed/Sat England game i think

following Sat Blackburn H

Scholesy out for the cup game + Bolton and Blackburn. might not be the worst thing if we can muddle through and he comes back refreshed for the rest of the season

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

gonch is big and black, like louis saha but stronger and FASTER.

I wouldn't beef with him bbb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate please. stop with the stereotypes.

and i havent been to the wall because you compare me to people like pickles and i feel shunned icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came up with a great idea today for who should replace Carlos this summer. As he's getting on a bit and we just have to keep him at the club, and he seems to be quite aware with what's going on on the pitch when he's on the bench, could be the perfect role for Ole. (That's only if Jose turns the job down ofc.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

care to express? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm expressing far too much, that's the problem. Have to keep within dashing distance of a toilet.

Mind you I bet I have a more comfortable evening than the United defence.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Even with the Glazer's being a bit tight I would have expected you to be in the top ten? Depending on how you measure wealth I suppose... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

800m debt

we can't afford the intrest paymnts on it every year

Thats how i measure wealth

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, remember my Grandad being SO VERY uneasy about the Cantona signing. Took him about 2 games before he adored him.

And yeah, Seba for me was unbelievable. Coupled with the Ruud signing, I thought we'd be unbeatable icon_frown.gif

The thing is, it can't be nailed on if it's going to appeal. It's done on a case by case basis. They can be pretty confident, but that's it. As it's a long term signing they probably think it's worth the risk, as he'll probably qualify by right next year anyway, so they could loan him out for a season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

How many seasons has Anderson been at Porto out of interest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since 2006

In 2005 he was at Grêmio.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

Mark prints and then frames </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure i'm being thick, but i don't follow that icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz's post saying that you were right. Don't pretend that you don't collect posts like that. You must've got, what, three now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Given that he was just arguing with his alter-ego alias, one of him was bound to be right.

Archived