The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

pinched from Red News, interesting news about the reserves...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [29] Letter to Red News

Monday, July 17, 2006

For those who care...

....about the Reserve team - something I care about very, very deeply.

We have gone from 28 games last year (League) to 18 this season. I bet Glazer/Gill/Othertwats are thrilled to bloody bits. Less (free for us) games at Hyde for them to pay for.

In the season before (2004/4) we had 50 Reserve teams games.

Those complete **** who now have total control (ie they no longer have to face us at an AGM) can do what they want. What they really want is to get rid of the Reserves totally. Let's face it the Reserves are only for 'sad b*stards' like me and don't offer them any lets-sell-some-fred-the-bloody-red-duvet-covers' opportunities.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

18 games? How rubbish. Absolutely no point keeping anyone with any kind of potential at the club now, because that's not enough of a season to aid anyone's development. Loans galore methinks, which I'm sure suits the Glazers down to the ground.

Anyone heard anything about tomorrow's friendly being in doubt due to security fears?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Just never gets going for me. Click the play button and it says 'media opening' for a few minutes, then says 'ready' upon which i press play again and it does the same thing. irritating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of Windows media player are you using? As it needs to confirm the licsense with the PC you're using.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Chiefs keeper scores. They win 4-3 on pens. Foster guessed right way every time and got nowhere near them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was better than Caroll in the FA cup final tbh.

haha what a joke of a match, this season is going to rule.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

You get the feeling the Carrick thing was announced at the same time as Ruud leaving to make us take the focus off the fact one of our best strikers has left. A positive spin on it I guess. DOesn't really work though. I couldn't care that we signed a midfielder. Ruud is gone icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

like I said, lad...£15m for carrick is depressing and seems like overspending. carrick for ruud + £5m seems like a right sensible buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I have survived the night.

yesterday was interesting, got lost in the monsoon, and thought "wtf am i doing here?" so many times. 5 people asked me for directions, including a fit scouse girl who was my ageish, which is cool. i sent everyone but her in the wrong direction.

The tram was a bloody nightmare, took me 30 minutes and two different journeys to finally get on the right one to mart's, and then once there keith tried to send us through the windscreen of his car. went to see snakes on a plane which, quite frankly, rules beyond belief. oh, and nancy from peep show <3.

Now just to avoid getting too bored over the next 3 hours, not even the newsagents is open yet ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We have just over 60+ hours till the transfer windows, IF he doesn't sign, then we've spent £4m this summer, so much for "omgz there is no such thing as a budget" we've watched Arsenal/Liverpool strengthen.

David Gill, 15th January 2006:

"We will also be making one or two very big signings in the summer.

"The players we want are playing in the Champions League so we will have to wait."

Who are they David? Carrick? Kooshack? afaik, they don't have Champions League experience, funny thing is, the ***** will think "ah well, we tried" and we're stuck with ****ing O'Shea in midfield when Carrick/Scholes get injured

hoo-****ing-ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why you don't ever get your hopes up about United in respect of transfers or results.

So it's your own fault icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Gonna visit the wall Smitheh?

Whats yer real name again mate icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif, it's Si. may do, depends on weather, time etc.

what time is kick off against Pompey next week anyway don't think its 3pm is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is 3pm icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If we're that worried about possession against Chelsea, lets come too an arrangement with Bayern. They release Hargreaves on a free, we sign him on a free so he can play agianst Chelsea, then in January give Bayern 35m for Lahm (which includes 15-20m for Hargreaves) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another left back? Brilliant. icon_biggrin.gif We're running a little short...

lads i have taken it upon myself to start the match thread for wednesday, my first ever match thread btw. i hope you are proud, i'll leave the bigger games to the experts. just doing it cos i'll be there and i wanted to ask if anyone has been to denmark before. so its all rolled into one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Yeah I just predictably received a "regret email" for Chelsea...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got one of those, too. icon_frown.gif

I'll have to make noises on the bus on Saturday, now. I reckon they owe me for leaving me in Manchester last week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

No. More trophies = more money = less debt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

making a big assumption there fella.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

christ almighty. if you have a son, i can only hope for his sake that you never coach his team. if you seriously think tactics play no part, you officially know absolutely nothing, zip, nil, nada about the game of football.

nb: WE ARE ALL ****ING HAPPY YOU MORON </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done. At which point did I say tactics play no part? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Tactics don't win games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly certain what part you think tactics play if it isn't to win games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

No Martin, its aimed at the vitriol that is spouted by a few fans who think they are mightier than thou. I know no-one on here is like that, but there are others who take part in continued one-upmanship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're blatantly referring to the weststandred debacle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

the amount he's bitched and whined in papers since leaving pretty much an insight into just how insufferable he must have been post carling cup final, so he has himself to blame if true that he really didnt want to leave. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dare he answer questions put to him, such a disgrace.

Fergie not playing him in the Carling Cup final was a complete and utter joke and if I were Ruud, I bet I'd have reacted in exactly the same way, the treatment of him was ridiculous.

Steven Gerrard > gonch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

3 Rossi great player, but i'm not sure he will make it in the prem, just to small for my liking.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er mate, he's better than tevez.

Archived