The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I'm beginning to notice a common theme with people using spaces before punctuation.

They're generally morons ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could've just asked me, I've known that for years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Hahah setting dean up for the fall icon_biggrin.gif

No btw, but we can ban him from the thread if you'd like?

If that's okay with mark "I'm so gutted foobs stole my fred" g? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your request will be processed in due time.

As for the foobs thing, do you think it's coincidence that he's now banned?

heh, love they way Don Cole tried to sound really knowledgable about Ibrahimovich, and done a dencent job of it, and then messed it up completely by getting the club he plays for completely wrong icon_biggrin.gif Classic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ooh, is there a friendly tonight?

Which of the proper team expected to play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic on C5, dunno about the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah nice. Didn't realise.

Basically a one-man team of Rooney right now anyway so the XI hardly matters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Smith 'could face Fulham'

Alan Smith could be fit in time for the start of the new season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 25-year-old striker, who plied his trade as a midfielder last season, suffered a broken leg and dislocated ankle against Liverpool in February.

Despite initial fears that Smith could miss up to a year of action, he took part in a full training session yesterday just 158 days after the horrific injury, and may now be fit to face Fulham on August 20.

Sir Alex told Sky Sports News: "He trained yesterday and looking at the way he performed, I would not discount him being ready for the start of the season. He was terrific."

The United boss feels that Smith's tremendous mental strength is the reason behind his swift recovery.

"I think it's all to do with his own personality," explained Sir Alex. "When he got injured, he was so philosophical about it. He just accepted it, whereas other players have worried and fretted.

"Sometimes, that can delay your comeback. It's just a mental thing. "Alan's so strong there. No-one's amazed. A bit surprised, but not amazed. With his personality we always knew he wouldn't just accept the situation."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alan Smith ifb \o/

a little bit of a bright point in a summer of grabage atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No line on how it'll be like having a new signing?

well, I'm a liverpool supporter, but one that doesn't follow the whole sissoko hype. I think he's a good talent, worthy of a first team slot in the liverpool midfield if we play 3 in centre midfield.

can't seem to understand why people would say he's rubbish. he's held in very high regard by rafa, while he's still in his early twenties, which means something, no?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I have Gerrard tbf. And I cba going through everyone's team's checking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't you make the rules? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lads is there anywhere i can 'acquire' match of the day from last night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just watch match of the day 2 tonight it shows all the goals from today yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh but they only do brief highlights from yesterday's games.

Im guessing a similar formation/team to that on wednesday with carrick coming in for o shea or fletcher, ideally it would be fletcher as they are similar as in neither are quite as destructive as o shea. Although could easily see Park being dropped and Fletcher giving a bit of a wing/floating role, or carrick being asked to play further forward ala scholes.

vds

brown

rio

silv

evra

ronaldo

fletcher

o shea

carrick

giggsy

saha

at a guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

just watchin Madrid/Villareal... Senna seems to be doing pretty well :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont the commentators love to say it too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dunno I'm watching by other means with non-English commentary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

How does it feel to know your club won't win another premiership for atleast 10 more years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong thread, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

o'shea > silvestre then

alilaw is crowned champion of champions in the neverending struggle between himself and mika </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neverrrrrrrrrrr

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

You actually seem bothered by this though BBB? Surely they're internet randoms... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, OK, meh, ignore that, just seen the thing about the Wigan tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and others, not to mention sorting people out with tickets on here

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Righto…

If you’re planning to head back to the M6 after the game then you’ll want to be on the Trafford Park side of the ground. I think that the official car park North 3 does pay on the day…there’s also plenty of unofficial ones on the road from the M60.

When you come up, don’t come off on the 1st junction for the Chester Rd – continue on and come off at the Trafford Centre.

Most of the pubs around the ground will be packed. The Trafford is probably the best bet, but you’ll struggle for food. You might to better to come off the M6 at 19 and stop of somewhere around Mere or Altringham.

You should pop to ‘the wall’ – left hand side towards the bottom of SMB Way and introduce yourself to such modern OTF luminaries as NickOGS and BBB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can park at MArtin's then he can come to the pub \o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm watching The Bill and then Shameless \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shameless icon14.gif I used to love that program, shame they have stopped making episodes though. I think i'm going to watch Chelski.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hewson for England

United midfielder Sam Hewson has been selected for England's Under 19 squad to face Turkey in a friendly on March 21.

The 18-year-old, who has been in scintillating form for United's Academy side this season, made his international bow against Poland at the start of February.

England Head Coach Brian Eastick was suitably impressed with Hewson's efforts in the 4-1 win, as he has retained his place in the 18-man squad to face the Turks at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium.

The game will be England's final preparatory game before European Championship qualifying duty in May. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How good is he Nick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very. box to box midfielders ftw. i really like the look of him, Antwerp-bound next season i reckon

RUUDIRUUDIRUUDIRUUDIRUUDI VAN NISTELROOOOOY, VAN NISTELROOOOY, VAN NISTELROOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well yeah, but even after last night it's pretty long odds that we'll be 3-0 up or better after the first leg, and unless we are truly comfortable we have to keep our best players on the pitch.

Scholesy's a slightly different matter I think, Fletch showed last night that in big-game situations he can step in, so we can probably afford to be a bit more cute in managing that situation

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

effectively four with the goal difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 1/2. If you make up 4 points, you win it.

What you guys going on about, I for one LOVE this tension it makes going to matches miles better and lets not forget it makes the otherwise terrible atmosphere at OT good. I remember back in 99 we won it on the last day and again the tension was there and because of that it still remains my most memorbale season, and it still sedns shivers down my spine when I see that game.

Coley icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Convinced that I'll have a heart attack but yeah I agree sire

• 3 weeks later...

We're leaving our house at 8.30, parking up at a tube station the next stop or couple of stops away from Wembley. Then either getting in a pub outside of Wembley before getting the tube because everybody will have the same idea of going to The Torch and it'll be too packed.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Why did that make me picture T!mbo as the stalker/fan from Alan Partridge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And thats just made me picture Heinze running away shouting "No way you big *******! You're a mentalist"

Archived